EXTREME CMBB FAQ, Open At Your Own Risk

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Is CMBB going to allow us to locate servers using http addresses? If not, then it means no TCP/IP games for me or my friends. NOT good :( Explanation below:

Me and most of my friends are using internet connection with NAT (Network Address Translation), which means we need a dynamic DNS service to be able to host games.

To be able to connect to a dynamic DNS service one needs just the http address and the service translates the address to your server IP. The problem is that in CMBO you need the IP address of the server.

Originally posted by Raketenpanzerbuchse:

This may seem a stupid question but will there be any new defensive items?( Anit-Tant trenchs, Dragons Teeth, Ect.)

Anti-tank trenches have been asked about, but no comfirmation one way or the other, AFAIK. I doubt something as substantial as Dragon's Teeth would make it in. BTS seems less inclined to try to tackle complicated assaults on heavily fortified defensive positions. Not sure it fits their vision of what the game is supposed to be. And it probably wouldn't be easy to do well anyway.

- Chris

Originally posted by Wolfe:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Raketenpanzerbuchse:

This may seem a stupid question but will there be any new defensive items?( Anit-Tant trenchs, Dragons Teeth, Ect.)

Anti-tank trenches have been asked about, but no comfirmation one way or the other, AFAIK. I doubt something as substantial as Dragon's Teeth would make it in. BTS seems less inclined to try to tackle complicated assaults on heavily fortified defensive positions. Not sure it fits their vision of what the game is supposed to be. And it probably wouldn't be easy to do well anyway.

- Chris</font>