As useful as a fart in a wind storm

I like the Hotchkiss, it's cute! :D I use it as an Infantry Fighting Vehicle.. once against a human opponent I had it attacking some infantry in a heavy building at the far edge of my opponent's line (yes, it caused some casualties!) and my opponent sent his last Sherman III charging over there to attack my Hotchkiss, which began backing away when the Sherman came into LOS... Anyway, as the Sherman charged my Shreck I had snuck into a small copse of woods very nearby where the Sheman passed by got off three shots, miss, hit (no damage) and hit (dead Sherman)... :cool:

I don't like infantry flamethrower teams. These guys are nearly impossible to successfully employ. You can set an ambush in heavy woods & such & they miss. You sneak them near the enemy, the the enemy hoses them. On offense, they invariably die before they do any real good.

Finally, at any range, they draw every ounce of lead that the enemy can employ and they die because they have that big gasoline can on their backs. But you know what, if they draw fire like a magnet in an iron filing pile, they do have a use. They can draw fire away from one's other units. Ah, infantry flamethrowers' one real use - bullet magnets.

No cheers yet, Richard

I would have to agree that flamethrowers are really only usefull as bullet magnets. Ive only used them to any effect once, and that wasnt very effective anyways. They suck. Ive heard people also say commonwealth are the weakest on the whole,as far as infantry goes. I dont have any hard proof, but it often comes out that way in the game.

Flamethrowers- I like to put 'em near buildings I want to torch- as my infantry retreats house by house, I torch the houses I leave behind from the FT's pre-planned postition. Of course, the Wasp is better for that. German FT range stinks...only 32m range compared to American's 45m. I don't care that they have "medium" speed b/c if they maneuver they usually are toast.

i think that the american/german mortars are a waste of time. atleast for me, i would much rather spend those points on an infantry gun or a heavy MG. the british 3" is another story because it has soo much more ammo. the german/american ammo for the 80mm just doesnt cut it too well.

in any wet situation, the M8 HMC is a waste of time! do you like to be bogged down? smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

in any wet situation, the M8 HMC is a waste of time! do you like to be bogged down?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, so I take M8 HMCs whenever I can. Their ground pressure is only 11.3 psi, less than a vanilla M4 or a Hellcat, and only a little more than an HVSS Sherm. I love those gamey little things--cheaper'n dirt, quick, enough armor to shrug off 20mm, a good load of DF HE, and a nice .50 to back it up. Tasty. I think of them as Super MG Jeeps.

Agua Perdido

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Nashorns, huge gun, large size, no armour, big points, enormous open top, hopeless at CMBO engagement ranges. Sneeze at them and they explode.

Could be a different story in CMBB though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope so. Anything the Germans named the "Rhinocerous" should be able to raise a ruckus. They are a neat idea for an SPG...king kong gun. too bad they're out of their element in the ETO/CMBO.