CMBB Complete Armored Resource Library

Chad, very nice work. Regarding the T26 'still lingering' in 1942, I have serious doubts about that. The Red Army was left with a very low number of tanks in December 1941. Seeing that the T26 was not actually built anymore at that stage, I think it is doubtful that there were even small amounts still about, let alone sufficient numbers to warrant inclusion in your list. I would suspect that the tanks that made it through into 1942 were mostly T34 and KV1. Unfortunately I only noticed that now.

If anyone has any hard data, I would be interested to see it.

Wow, thanks for bumping me! I didnt even have to bump myself! smile.gif It seems that releasing this on the saturday of the demo was not the best of idea for people to notice it. It quickly was lost in the 100's of posts that were made that day!

My thought now is to get all the new web sites that are being posted, and update this beast when CMBB is released. I will also update the previous post in the Tips and tricks section.

ALL INPUT IS WELCOME! PLEASE HELP ME MAKE THIS A GREAT RESOURCE FOR THOSE NEW TO THE EASTERN FRONT!

Just when I yelled for this to be transferred from CMBO forum... :D

Side note: iirc the first batch of Tiger I were seen in action some time around Dec '42 at Leningard Front. I cannot remember the source but GG's WiR makes PzVI available in Dec '42.

Also, some Marder IIIs (II?) actually mounted with captured Russian 76mm guns.

Correct me if I am wrong. I hope this should start the thread going.

Regards.

Good work Chad !

I found a typo. The production of P3 ceased in August 1943 in favour for StuG III- and Panther- production.

Moreover P38t was still very prominent in Mid 1942 in german tankarsenal.

Greets

Daniel

[ September 04, 2002, 07:01 AM: Message edited by: TSword ]

• 3 weeks later...

I thought that I would dig this up now that things have somewhat slowed down here on the forum. I wrote this before CMBB was released and so it pertains more to general tank information than CMBB tactics.

What I plan to do now, is once I finally get CMBB, I will update this list with somekind of a strengths and weaknesses for the major armored players of the eastern front. That way, it will be both a general tank knowledge library, and also a CMBB Armored Strategy guide.

This may end up getting lost in the forums, but if anyone would like to post what you see as strengths and weaknesses for certain tanks listed above, please do so! Any other input is encouraged.

Chad Harrison

I agree with all the above - great work!!

Originally posted by Gud:

As for tanks - I would include T-28 in 1941 section...

Oh oh......this looks like a gimme!! :D

If you check out the russian battlefield site on the T28 they give production figures, and the total production was only 503 from 1933-1941 - that's not really a lot.

Originally posted by Mike:

I agree with all the above - great work!!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gud:

As for tanks - I would include T-28 in 1941 section...

Oh oh......this looks like a gimme!! :D

If you check out the russian battlefield site on the T28 they give production figures, and the total production was only 503 from 1933-1941 - that's not really a lot.</font>

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

King Tiger production was 489, and they fought on both fronts....everything is relative...

I debated about whether to add the King tiger or not, and its obvious what my decision was! smile.gif

I think that I will add the king tiger and a few others that are fun and worth mentioning, but might not be as common. Again, Ill just have to look at CMBB and see what shows up a lot in the Scenarios and would be worth mentioning.

But Michael, is everything else okay for you? I thought for sure you would give me atleast a few corrections! smile.gif Got to keep us Yankees in line.

Chad

The IS series was not the Russian version of the KT. Considering the KT was far heavier than the IS, it would probably be more correct to compare it to the Panther as both the IS and Panther tanks are about the same weight class. In addition, the Tiger series was developed and optimized to take on and kill tanks with great efficiency. The IS series of tanks were designed as a heavy breakthrough tank meant to mainly engage infantry, artillery, and other AT assests (most of the IS rounds were of the HE type and not the armor piercing type). Slow rate of fire and low ammo capacity greatly hampers the IS series in being a real anti-tank tank. Although it could take on the German glamour cats (Tiger and Panther) and win, that was most definitely not their purpose.

[ September 23, 2002, 01:28 AM: Message edited by: Commissar ]