The Peng Challenge Demo - Download at Your Own Risk

Update time!

I have handed Harv a defeat of biblical proportions. Well, maybe not biblical proportions, more like one of those badly designed and condescending tracts that one occasionally gets handed. Still, in a contest to see who could be the gamiest of the gamey and the bastigest of the bastiges, I prevailed (Which is no small feat because Harv is a roight gamey bastige!). After he brings in the turnip harvest we will go at it again. In the meantime I can finally howl the howl of victory and do the happy dance about his lifeless remains. Awooooo!

Simon is about to learn that he has one less Panther tank. Our game is about half over and could go either way. He has a nasty knack for doing quite unpleasant things near the end of the game, so my stalwart lads are bracing themselves for the worse.

My Croda-ordained match against Buzzsaw has been interrupted by technical difficulties, as his file keeps coming to me corrupted. He is playing the French so I chalk it up to the game factoring in typical French efficiency when making the PBEM file.

And who spray-painted a moustache on Persephone while she was asleep?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Firstly, Seanachai, I think the word is spelt: geas.

Bah! You little toad! Let's see you do anything sober half as well as I do it drunk!

Still, it's nice to see you coming along. Nice indeed.

You've got my permission to unmercifully put the boot in on one of the SSNs. Or even an annoying Squire.

No, don't thank me, lad. You've earned it.

Took long enough, I might add.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Ahhh, sharing some after-shave with the denizens of Hennepin Avenue on a warm summer's eve ... the drink of kings, I tell ya. Some were drinking Brut 33, the scalawags.

Either way, it beats the snot out of vanilla extract or Scope.

[ August 25, 2002, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Moriarty ]

You've got my permission to unmercifully put the boot in on one of the SSNs. Or even an annoying Squire.

No, don't thank me, lad. You've earned it.

Took long enough, I might add.

So an American was travelling in France, your average 40 yr old, braying-like-a-mule, hot dog sucking, cigar puffing asshole, mind you, when he drops over on le metro with a heart-attack.

He wakes up the next day with the french docteur sitting on the edge of the bed telling him what happened, and how to avoid future heart-attacks.

"So, doc," the guy drawls, "I guess this means I need to quit smoking?"

A surprised look, a thoughtful pause and the doctor replies "I don't think we need to do anything drastic."

So... are you telling me I get me yarbles back? Have you some thread and a Crown Royal bag?

Aiieee carumba!!!

Back, bored, and barfing at all this remodeling the wimmenfolk have done!!

Hey! Where'd my autographed copy of Miss October, 1982 go?!? My poor Marianne... She was, well, amazing... still is too... visited the sports bar she and her husband own in California...

Berli, time to get out your whip and start cracking... surely you can speed up the seasons a little, have the fall come early and break up this impromptu session of "Decorating Cents" between Persephone and YK2, or at least make the Germans invade France again. Plz fix or do somefink... and see if you can keep Boxy out of it as well.

And referring back to the first page of this incarnation of the MBT, nothing shoo's off pesky neighbors better 'n big machinery... Yup, go rent a big ol' front loader/backhoe (down bauhaus). You know, diesel engine, enclosed air-conditioned cab. A well-timed narrow miss or two followed by the "Damn, they told me to be careful. It can known down a brick wall you know..." should convince a nosey neighbor that he and his car should spend a few days somewhere else. Worked for me. No reason he had to know that I drove one for a year back in the college days...

[ August 25, 2002, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: Herr Oberst ]

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

So... are you telling me I get me yarbles back?

Berli! Are you conducting figure skating contests with the Souls of the Damned, by any chance? Ice Dancing competitions by Nazi War Criminals? No? I thought not.

Sorry, Panzer Leader. Miracles are well within the powers of the Olde Ones.

Abominations of Reality take a while longer.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Speedy:

Yep he's drunk.

Bah! I wave my hand at you!

All that means is that until the hangover fades I've got dual US and Australian citizenship.</font>

Originally posted by Speedy:

You know if you were in Australia the hangover would be all over now and you would be back into it for the Sunday session.

If I was in Australia right now, I'd have to look up the word 'hangover' in a dictionary published in another country to find out what it really means, because if I looked it up in a dictionary published in Australia, what I'd get is: 'A feeling of temporary disorientation suffered by those who haven't been drinking for a few hours'.

And I assume that by 'Sunday session' you mean the booze-up at church that passes for religion amongst you lot.

Originally posted by Speedy:

Correct, if by saying church you really mean pub.

I say 'tomato', you use stange diacretical marks to pronounce it like some Brit...

What we really both mean is: Lets use the empties to bash up a good red sauce and have it over noodles so we've got something in our stomachs so we don't throw-up in the morning.

Amen.

Posted by Almost an Australian,

If I was in Australia right now, I'd have to look up the word 'hangover' in a dictionary published in another country to find out what it really means, because if I looked it up in a dictionary published in Australia, what I'd get is: 'A feeling of temporary disorientation suffered by those who haven't been drinking for a few hours'.
And your point would be that the rest of the world can't handle their liquor, I presume. Down here it's an art form.

Noba.

Well that's a truly pathetic excuse - we're hateable simply because you have too much blood in your alcohol??

Strewth - what sort of Australian do you call yourself?? You sound like a whinging Pom....no, even worse...you smell like one!!!

Where's the lavender mist........

I didn't realise you Mouth-Island Poms had states!!

But itherthan that Great mate - we're looking forward to holding the Sheffield Shield, the State of Origin Title and every other inter-state trophy over here once we finally give in and come to save you.

Holding 2-test series for hte Bledisloe Cup can't save you forever.