Peng west of the Pecos: The Challenge goes to Texas

Did I say that sometimes strawberries look like the fenders of 1963 Cadillac Coup de' Villes?

Did I see a wolf pecking on an Os-toe-rich?

If the grass were worms, how many of you would sleep on it?

At least the SSN's have appeared to meld into the non-existence from which they flapped their way into...

Aw, Hell, it don't really matter. This is where the drooling starts...

Even Dali would hate what we have become.

<big>Congrats!</big>

{edited because that is the way, the path, the downhill tumbling, of MALT-Liquor}

[ May 14, 2002, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Leeo ]

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I say that sometimes strawberries look like the fenders of 1963 Cadillac Coup de' Villes?

Did I see a wolf pecking on an Os-toe-rich?

If the grass were worms, how many of you would sleep on it?

At least the SSN's have appeared to meld into the non-existence from which they flapped their way into...

Aw, Hell, it don't really matter. This is where the drooling starts...

Even Dali would hate what we have become.

<big>Congrats!</big>

{edited because that is the way, the path, the downhill tumbling, of MALT-Liquor}

[ May 14, 2002, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Leeo ]

Originally posted by Croda:

Methinks perhaps the Ubergnome is the one who should be put on trial for Treason Against the State of Cess.

Yes M'(former)Lud, Croda! Now we're talking bidness*!

Pehaps we could perform a Gnome-ectomy or at least a Gnomus-interruptus.

What in tarnation* was he thinking? Was it his intention to, as one of the characters in the play J.B. stated, "Blow some air into this Lilliput of crap, pretense and bull sh**!"?

Gawd, I hope not. A plot that devious, that nefarious, is even below your standards M'(former)Lud Croda. Not much below, granted, but why split hairs?

*(in keeping with the slope-headed Texas theme)

[ May 14, 2002, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

Originally posted by Croda:

Methinks perhaps the Ubergnome is the one who should be put on trial for Treason Against the State of Cess.

What in tarnation* was he thinking? Was it his intention to, as one of the characters in the play J.B. stated, "Blow some air into this Lilliput of crap, pretense and bull sh**!"?

Gawd, I hope not. A plot that devious, that nefarious, is even below your standards M'(former)Lud Croda. Not much below, granted, but why split hairs?

*(in keeping with the slope-headed Texas theme)

[ May 14, 2002, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Boo_Radley ]

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Croda:

*(in keeping with the slope-headed Texas theme)</font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Croda:

*(in keeping with the slope-headed Texas theme)</font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

WHAT IN BLEEDING HELL IS GOING ON HERE!

Not so funny when you sober up now, is it?

THIS IS YOUR FAULT YOU FLATULENT, LOW-BROW, FUSION-JAZZ LOVING, MINIMALIST, ERKEL-WATCHING, MOTHRA-OVER-GAMERA-PREFERRING, SEQUIN-JACKETED, SUEDE-FRINGE-BOOTED, MULLET-COVETING, PEPSI-DRINKING, LE CAR-DRIVING, TAILGATING, LIP-MOVING, CLIFF NOTES-READING, LEADED GAS-USING, OLD-GROWTH-LOVING MUMBLING OUTERBOARDER!!!!!!

House Persiflage has given you the High Hat. We bold you no more.

It is done.

WHAT IN BLEEDING HELL IS GOING ON HERE!

Not so funny when you sober up now, is it?

THIS IS YOUR FAULT YOU FLATULENT, LOW-BROW, FUSION-JAZZ LOVING, MINIMALIST, ERKEL-WATCHING, MOTHRA-OVER-GAMERA-PREFERRING, SEQUIN-JACKETED, SUEDE-FRINGE-BOOTED, MULLET-COVETING, PEPSI-DRINKING, LE CAR-DRIVING, TAILGATING, LIP-MOVING, CLIFF NOTES-READING, LEADED GAS-USING, OLD-GROWTH-LOVING MUMBLING OUTERBOARDER!!!!!!

House Persiflage has given you the High Hat. We bold you no more.

It is done.

Now, that said, what progress do I see being made towards the Trial of Slapdragon?

Idjits from the Outer Boards wandering in here to posture and hop around with their pants around their ankles, No one's made any attempt (other than Noba, nice job, lad) to prepare for trial, and the usual Lynch mob has gathered to howl about the supposed crime of my 'inviting' Outer Boarders in to the hallowed halls of the Peng Challenge Thread.

I invited in no one, other than those involved with the Trial of Slapdragon. Useless toads who wandered in here yelling 'Woot!' are nothing to do with my purpose.

Now, my apologies for not being here the last few days.

Originally my thought was to see to the trying of Slapdragon under Australian Law, as so many of his most hardened detractors seem to hail from that location.

So I began a number of Internet searches to get a grasp of Australian Law. Strangely enough, my searches on 'Australian Law' resulted in several hundred links to 'Australian Rules Football'. Repeated attempts brought me back to these time after time. Finally, I broadened the search to include 'Australian Social/Political Culture, and that netted me the same sites, along with an almost equal number on 'the History and/or Practice of Brewing', a number of 'Bestiality' sites, and six 'Xena, Warriour Princess' sites.

So, as intriguing as all that was, I simply see no means by which we could, in this Universe, try Slapdragon properly.

Since my return, I find, in my emails, a number of theories as to why I've been incommunicado. Mixed with the death threats, of course. Some were most imaginitive. All were most appreciated. They were all...quite personal.

But I'm back now, and I'm apalled.

The trial of Slapdragon has broken down into SSN antics and confusion.

Personally, I'm ready to call the whole thing off.

In any case, there's no question of it occuring in this Thread. We are soon to seek a new home.

I shall have to see where we end up.

Now, that said, what progress do I see being made towards the Trial of Slapdragon?

Idjits from the Outer Boards wandering in here to posture and hop around with their pants around their ankles, No one's made any attempt (other than Noba, nice job, lad) to prepare for trial, and the usual Lynch mob has gathered to howl about the supposed crime of my 'inviting' Outer Boarders in to the hallowed halls of the Peng Challenge Thread.

I invited in no one, other than those involved with the Trial of Slapdragon. Useless toads who wandered in here yelling 'Woot!' are nothing to do with my purpose.

Now, my apologies for not being here the last few days.

Originally my thought was to see to the trying of Slapdragon under Australian Law, as so many of his most hardened detractors seem to hail from that location.

So I began a number of Internet searches to get a grasp of Australian Law. Strangely enough, my searches on 'Australian Law' resulted in several hundred links to 'Australian Rules Football'. Repeated attempts brought me back to these time after time. Finally, I broadened the search to include 'Australian Social/Political Culture, and that netted me the same sites, along with an almost equal number on 'the History and/or Practice of Brewing', a number of 'Bestiality' sites, and six 'Xena, Warriour Princess' sites.

So, as intriguing as all that was, I simply see no means by which we could, in this Universe, try Slapdragon properly.

Since my return, I find, in my emails, a number of theories as to why I've been incommunicado. Mixed with the death threats, of course. Some were most imaginitive. All were most appreciated. They were all...quite personal.

But I'm back now, and I'm apalled.

The trial of Slapdragon has broken down into SSN antics and confusion.

In any case, there's no question of it occuring in this Thread. We are soon to seek a new home.

I shall have to see where we end up.

Day late and a dollar short as usual boy-o. I called it off already. While the Salem Witch Trails were one of my better efforts, i have moved on to bigger & better things (Russian Revolution, Presidential Elections in the USofA, etc). Now that you have returned, feel free to remove the outerboardies THAT YOU INVITED IN!

Day late and a dollar short as usual boy-o. I called it off already. While the Salem Witch Trails were one of my better efforts, i have moved on to bigger & better things (Russian Revolution, Presidential Elections in the USofA, etc). Now that you have returned, feel free to remove the outerboardies THAT YOU INVITED IN!

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Day late and a dollar short as usual boy-o. I called it off already. While the Salem Witch Trails were one of my better efforts, i have moved on to bigger & better things (Russian Revolution, Presidential Elections in the USofA, etc). Now that you have returned, feel free to remove the outerboardies THAT YOU INVITED IN!</font>

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Day late and a dollar short as usual boy-o. I called it off already. While the Salem Witch Trails were one of my better efforts, i have moved on to bigger & better things (Russian Revolution, Presidential Elections in the USofA, etc). Now that you have returned, feel free to remove the outerboardies THAT YOU INVITED IN!</font>

Originally posted by flamingknives:

Ha, payback's a bitch.

A quick message for Messeurs Shaw and Berli, just so as you know who I'm talking to, as it seems that you can't work it out otherwise.

Keep your mongrel flea carriers on a leash next time and you won't have to deal with the consequences.

In case your feeble minds fail to comprehend, this is the doing of Seanachai and his merry band of thread hijackers. Keep them locked up next time - I know you enjoy doing that.

Ooh, 'merry band of thread hijackers'! I like that! Makes me sound like the ringleader of an international gang!

On the other hand, the suggestion that Berli and Joe Shaw should be keeping me on a leash...well, that's quite a bit less flattering, of course. Also, I think that anyone with no knowledge whatsoever of the Peng Challenge Thread should avoid such vehement and ill-advised surliness.

As for 'thread hijacking'. Well, I can only think of two threads, in recent memory, which I could have been accused of 'hijacking'. They were both complete pieces of ****e, dead in the water and starting to stink, and I would have thought that a more apt description of my contribution would have been 'first scavenger to arrive on the corpse'. If others, sensing a lack of life or positive contribution from either of those threads, came in to rip at the carcass, I can't really take credit for 'leading' them in.

First off, laddie, you should try to draw some sort of distinction between a thread that serves no sodding purpose at all, rehashing the same ugly noise again and again, and that's already deteriorated into ugly personality conflicts, and a thread that can actually be 'hijacked'.

No doubt anyone would like to think that a thread that they're posting in is unique, distinct, and important in the eyes of God. But we should all try and make a distinction between a thread that has any actual bloody significance in the Forum, and one we think is important simply because we're involved in it.

Oh, and don't go all over runny with excitement at the concept of saying the same about the Peng Challenge Thread. It's not important because I participate. It is simply what it is.

Now, start a thread telling us all about how important the threads were that I 'hijacked', and that you were participating in. No, go ahead. Point out to us how the 'Bren Tripod Redux' thread, which had already been discussed into the bloody ground to no purpose at all, was 'significant'.

Oh, and the 'can bombs flip tanks'. That one at least showed a bit of promise, and broke some new ground. Of course, the purpose was hard to focus on, and simply got worse after people started focusing on being angry with Slapdragon.

Go on, lad. Explain to the world how I've 'hijacked' innumerable, important, significant threads.

By God, the lads are right! I should be the one under trial! I'm an internationally despised 'thread hijacker'!

Slapdragon, my profound apologies.

I am the criminal!

I demand the right to be accused, defamed, and humiliated for my crimes against the Forum!

Justicar Shaw, you know your duty.

Originally posted by flamingknives:

Ha, payback's a bitch.

A quick message for Messeurs Shaw and Berli, just so as you know who I'm talking to, as it seems that you can't work it out otherwise.

Keep your mongrel flea carriers on a leash next time and you won't have to deal with the consequences.

In case your feeble minds fail to comprehend, this is the doing of Seanachai and his merry band of thread hijackers. Keep them locked up next time - I know you enjoy doing that.

Ooh, 'merry band of thread hijackers'! I like that! Makes me sound like the ringleader of an international gang!

On the other hand, the suggestion that Berli and Joe Shaw should be keeping me on a leash...well, that's quite a bit less flattering, of course. Also, I think that anyone with no knowledge whatsoever of the Peng Challenge Thread should avoid such vehement and ill-advised surliness.

As for 'thread hijacking'. Well, I can only think of two threads, in recent memory, which I could have been accused of 'hijacking'. They were both complete pieces of ****e, dead in the water and starting to stink, and I would have thought that a more apt description of my contribution would have been 'first scavenger to arrive on the corpse'. If others, sensing a lack of life or positive contribution from either of those threads, came in to rip at the carcass, I can't really take credit for 'leading' them in.

First off, laddie, you should try to draw some sort of distinction between a thread that serves no sodding purpose at all, rehashing the same ugly noise again and again, and that's already deteriorated into ugly personality conflicts, and a thread that can actually be 'hijacked'.

No doubt anyone would like to think that a thread that they're posting in is unique, distinct, and important in the eyes of God. But we should all try and make a distinction between a thread that has any actual bloody significance in the Forum, and one we think is important simply because we're involved in it.

Oh, and don't go all over runny with excitement at the concept of saying the same about the Peng Challenge Thread. It's not important because I participate. It is simply what it is.

Now, start a thread telling us all about how important the threads were that I 'hijacked', and that you were participating in. No, go ahead. Point out to us how the 'Bren Tripod Redux' thread, which had already been discussed into the bloody ground to no purpose at all, was 'significant'.

Oh, and the 'can bombs flip tanks'. That one at least showed a bit of promise, and broke some new ground. Of course, the purpose was hard to focus on, and simply got worse after people started focusing on being angry with Slapdragon.

Go on, lad. Explain to the world how I've 'hijacked' innumerable, important, significant threads.

By God, the lads are right! I should be the one under trial! I'm an internationally despised 'thread hijacker'!

Slapdragon, my profound apologies.

I am the criminal!

I demand the right to be accused, defamed, and humiliated for my crimes against the Forum!

Seanachai, I think that your prejudice blinds you.

I for one was having an interesting time participating in both mentioned threads, around the sides of the vitriol hurled about and in the general direction of Slapdragon.

As a relative newcomer I was unable to participate in the original "Bren Tripod" thread. In any case I was off on a related tangent.

In both occurances, all of a sudden, you and a number of cronies appear and attempt to make the thread over in your own image.

One p.e.n.g. thread is enought, thanks.

And as for the idea that a thread can only be relavent if it achieves such status in your eyes is somewhat laughable. If the people discussing the thread think it's important then it is, and what right have you to hijack it?

If you want a trial, do it, don't suggest it and then bugger off and leave your mess behind.

Seanachai, I think that your prejudice blinds you.

I for one was having an interesting time participating in both mentioned threads, around the sides of the vitriol hurled about and in the general direction of Slapdragon.

As a relative newcomer I was unable to participate in the original "Bren Tripod" thread. In any case I was off on a related tangent.

In both occurances, all of a sudden, you and a number of cronies appear and attempt to make the thread over in your own image.

One p.e.n.g. thread is enought, thanks.

And as for the idea that a thread can only be relavent if it achieves such status in your eyes is somewhat laughable. If the people discussing the thread think it's important then it is, and what right have you to hijack it?

If you want a trial, do it, don't suggest it and then bugger off and leave your mess behind.

I am the criminal!

Crikey! Sounds like Seanachai's in the midst of a mid-life crisis!

Mace