best wargame poll!

Just looked at the poll again. What surprised me is the lack of voter turnout. This board's newest memeber, wewe, is member #8244. The total votes on the poll is 718. Combat Mission has 469 votes.

If you assume every single vote in the poll came from a registered member of this board (highly unlikely), and that every single vote came from a separate person (even more unlikely), then at best only 8.71% of the members of this board participated at all.

The situation is even worse looking strictly at the votes for CMBO. Making the same unlikely assumptions as before (all voters are registered members of this board and nobody voted more than once) only 5.69% of the members of this board made the effort to vote for Combat Mission. Hardly an overwhelming show of support for BTS.

Originally posted by Dave H:

Just looked at the poll again. What surprised me is the lack of voter turnout. This board's newest memeber, wewe, is member #8244. The total votes on the poll is 718. Combat Mission has 469 votes.

If you assume every single vote in the poll came from a registered member of this board (highly unlikely), and that every single vote came from a separate person (even more unlikely), then at best only 8.71% of the members of this board participated at all.

The situation is even worse looking strictly at the votes for CMBO. Making the same unlikely assumptions as before (all voters are registered members of this board and nobody voted more than once) only 5.69% of the members of this board made the effort to vote for Combat Mission. Hardly an overwhelming show of support for BTS.

What you have failed to take into account is that some of us may have voted more than once thus making up for those who are a bit reticent in voting. So, your assumptions are a bit unlikely.

Originally posted by Dave H:

made the effort to vote for Combat Mission. Hardly an overwhelming show of support for BTS.

You make it sound like it actually means something smile.gif

However, your not exactly applying top notch standards if you are measuring the CM user support by the numbers who vote in just another little poll on just another little site on the net.

M.

To echo what Mattias said:

who cares? I paid my money for CM, I register my opinions on this BBS (I modestly like to think that I've added something to it. I immodestly think that /me 0wnz j00!!!!!!!!!!!), I will plunk down my credit card for CMBB on the first opportunity I have to do so, and will likely do the same for BTS' future games, and if asked, I would happily help test/research/write/whatever for BTS (and the chances of that happening are...). I don't see any particular need to engage in boosterism.