Anyone get the CMBB strategy guide yet???

jonp

Originally posted by CombinedArms:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by HeadHunter:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vergeltungswaffe:

$31,000 for a T-34/85 on www.tanksforsale.co.uk

If they ever get a JS-II in stock, I will mortgage my home (I rent) and sell my family for experiments to pay for it! smile.gif </font>

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

Got mine. After about 20 min of perusing, here are some comments. Well written. Some useful tips. Nice charts. Only one complaint so far, the photographs (black & white) of the screenshots are too tiny, lack sharpness and detail. The important objects (i.e. tanks & infantry) in the photos tend to blend into the terrain and background. Often it is very hard to actually see and even sometimes impossible what the author is trying to show in the example. This is disappointing :( So far the text is descriptive enough to get the picture.

After more time with the book, I would like to change my earlier complaint about the screenshots to only a minor quibble. There are not that many screenshots and they would not be that useful even if they were clearer. The tactics are described well enough in the text.

Hmmm... I'm still impatiently waiting. It's Friday. It's almost been a week and I STILL do not have the strat guide in my grubby little hands. If it's not here by Monday, I'm assuming something went wrong and I will contact Battlefront and have them re-submit it or something.

Okay, got it last night. For new players, I'd say the thing would probably be pretty valuable. It includes tutorials for several of the CD missions, and does a pretty good job of describing orders, their functions, morale, fatigue, the influence of HQs, etc.

For experienced players who keep up with the forums, there's really nothing new in there. There's also an occasional snippet of information provided that is incorrect, or presented in an incomplete manner so as not to provide an accurate description of mechanics. The unit data tables are laid out really nicely though. You may consider it worth the $ to have those.

Originally posted by Knavery:

Hmmm... I'm still impatiently waiting. It's Friday. It's almost been a week and I STILL do not have the strat guide in my grubby little hands.

A week? Moon only announced the availabilty at midday and a bit EST on 9th December. As my copy has to cross the sea from dear old Ireland and Christmas is only a week and half away I'm not surprised I haven't seen it yet.

Patience is the first lesson, young Jedi smile.gif .

I agree. If it is sent priority. It should have been here by now. If not... Then I would understand. It's Monday and I still don't have it. I am going to email sales about it and see if my copy actually got send out. I mean.. How long should someone wait before it's assumed that something went wrong?

Redwolf,

The price for the T-72 is totally off, that one should be more like 5-10 times a T-55.
For one that has a live main gun, all electronic doodads, optics, MGs, and reactive armor you would be correct. Those are going for about $250,000 last I heard. But this one certainly lacks all the stuff I mentioned, except perhaps for the optics. This is also probably a much older T-72 model and therefore not what is currently being sold for frontline use.

HeadHunte,

If they ever get a JS-II in stock, I will mortgage my home (I rent) and sell my family for experiments to pay for it!
You probably don't want to hear that IS-2s come up for sale now and again, do you? smile.gif I don't recall what the price was of the last one I saw for sale, but I think it was around the $80k mark.

Knavery,

I agree. If it is sent priority. It should have been here by now. If not... Then I would understand. It's Monday and I still don't have it. I am going to email sales about it and see if my copy actually got send out. I mean.. How long should someone wait before it's assumed that something went wrong?
Nah... other than it being the Holiday season smile.gif On top of that Priority Mail (which is what we use) isn't what it used to be. It can take 5 or more business days for an item to be received on the other end, depending on location.

Steve