Sunflowers?

JoeW

Originally posted by JoeW:

...they seem to be a common feature of the Russian landscape in movies and in historical accounts. Is it possible for one of you modders to transform the "wheat" bitmaps into sunflowers??

Good request, I've certainly seen lots of photos of fields of the beauties.

And can you guys make them track the sun like in real life? :D

Oooh! Oooh! I'll do it!

I've just gotten sucked into the addictive world of these games and now the idea of MODing is calling to me as well (In a former life I did textures for 3D games so it's almost nostalgic).

I was actually wondering what would be reasonable to start with, and this looks perfect.

Now, I just have to finish my research on how one excatly refferences the textures and installs the mods... :D

Also trying to orient myself in the wide world of MODs, is there an established look for the 'more realistic' units and environments? I'd like to have a set of sunflowers for both the default textures and whatever other popular environments are out there...

Mike, thanks for posting the pic for me.

Now I tried the same thing using the green grass of a steppe but with the wheatfield tile it doesn't look right. To keep the look right the tile would have to be turned green.

So what do you think?

MikeT

OK, I will work on it tomorrow night. I will replace the wheatfield tile with standard grass and add a touch of bright yellow here and there to make the flowers standard out a bit better. I might even try to find a good picture of a sunflower from the net. But it is getting late and I need all my beauty sleep.

Oh, I am nearly finished with my Finnish snow uniforms. I also have a new set of Russian winter fur hats for company HQ units.

MikeT

Screeny, the mods at Combat Mission World are theater mods. I haven't posted anything there that is compatable with the standard game.

Give me a couple of more days and I will get the sunflower mod finished. I am nearly finished with it.

MikeT