Wild Bill's Rumblings of War [Part III]

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MickOZ and I are taking turns irritating each other by killing or disrupting critical units. The resultant charnel house is wholly dissonant with the season but is gripping nevertheless.

Tom is no doubt buried in family and festivities.

Peter did his best, but is in Sweden and has no access to a PC powerful enough to run CM, which he brought with him.

Even better than the battle is the recruitment of my nephews into the CM fold. Though they don't have the game yet, they are getting Experiential Ed. here at the house with Uncle John.

Happy Holidays to All!

John Kettler

PS

Thanks for an incredible game and amazing scenarios!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by John Kettler:

Even better than the battle is the recruitment of my nephews into the CM fold. Though they don't have the game yet, they are getting Experiential Ed. here at the house with Uncle John.

<hr></blockquote>

"Uncle John, Uncle John...Show us again how to launch a rocket attack!"

"Yeah Uncle John, we want to see that Neb...Nebel...that thing that goes WHOOOSH, BOOOM!!!"

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Bertram:

Greg has me down to my last tank, and send in his M8 scout car to get it dizzy (running circles around my Tiger, that turret will never catch up. I guess he is going to shoot the TC when he opens up to barf ove the side).<hr></blockquote>

That's my patented Confused Tank Commander technique. ;)

TabPub,

Worry not about MIAs. They will be replaced, and the battle will continue right where it left off. You cannot be forced into a TCP/IP match. If necessary, the deadline will be extended. In fact, I've yet to run a tourney where the deadline did NOT have to be extended. There is always one or two who hold things up. This is inevitable, but we shall adapt and overcome.

Those who quit tourneys without informing their opponents and/or myself, thereby forcing us all to wait and wonder, will be blacklisted from all future tournaments I hold. It's OK to withdraw because of Real Life, but it's only common courtesy to inform your opponents of your inability to continue. Inconsiderate officers will not be tolerated.

Treeburst155 out.

MickOZ and I have turned a perfectly reasonable battle into bloody, chaotic shambles. The situation continues to deteriorate for both of us. What a mess!

When I hear again from Tom and Peter I'll be able to reply safe in the knowledge that my article is in. I may even be able to sort out arrangements with MickOZ for our Invitational clash.

Regards,

John Kettler

I thought I'd post something to save the thread from the bottom of page 2...

The four games I'm still playing are all nearing the end - two are on turn 18 of 25, with the other two on turn 22 of 30.

Come on folks, send me turns! I want to see Treeburst's spreadsheet! :D

MickOZ and I have two turns left and have mauled each other, equipment and surroundings mercilessly.

The game is too close to call, with multiple positions up in the air, and almost everything imaginable detonating, burning, trying to advance, cowering or dying. To call the situation chaotic would be to impose order upon it.

Tom sent me a turn yesterday, to which I replied. Nothing from him today, though. He's moving to expand his breakthrough on my right, I to contain it.

Regards,

John Kettler

It's over except for the last movie against MickOZ.

My final orders have been issued in a battle of surpassing brutality and really awkward terrain.

Tom has reappeared from cybernetic blackout and sent me a turn. He's chewing up some of my guys while I do the same to his. Everything's up in the air. Am expecting an attack as we enter the final turns.

Peter sent me another largely depressing movie in a fight which is severely overtaxing my fondness for Wild Bill and his perverse scenario design genius. Even genius needs limits!

Frankly, I'm dreading the writeups for these last three. Once I'm done, though, my Section II obligations will be complete and on schedule. It'll be fascinating to see where I wind up when the standings are finally posted. The battle circuit has been spectacularly bloody and grueling. My guts are draped all over Europe.

Regards,

John Kettler

two games to finish, and a thread to rescue from page two.

Jukka-Pekka and I continue to grope our way through the dark, slaughtering everything in sight, and a few things that aren't. I fear this will be a case of last man standing wins the pot. 9 turns or so of unabashed bloodshed to go.

Pixelmaster seems to have taken off for New Years. Good luck to him - the longer he's away the longer my tincans survive ... 6 turns to go.

Jon

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JonS:

[QB]

Jukka-Pekka and I continue to grope our way through the dark, slaughtering everything in sight, and a few things that aren't. I fear this will be a case of last man standing wins the pot. 9 turns or so of unabashed bloodshed to go.

<hr></blockquote>

I now understand of what you speak. In the aforementioned match, Tabpub and I have apparently decided to lick our respective wounds for a turn or two, before the wholesale slaughter begins anew. There are 13 turns to go in this game, and accordingly 13 turns to go in the tournament for me, if only this particular match lasts another 13 turns.

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Spanish Bombs ]</p>

Update time.

The battle with MickOZ is over. As usual, the details are classified, but Treeburst155 has the map and end of game screen. The real AAR will take a few days.

Tom did mount several attacks, and I chopped them up, one near the flag on my right, the other near an exit near my center. My attack on the right continued to progress, but I took casualties from what seemed to be stray rounds on my left. Unknown events occurred near the center flag. I believe we have two turns left.

Nothing from Peter today.

Regards,

John Kettler