New game or expansion pack?

Bollocks with this whining !

For me CMBB is a HUGE improvement over BO. HUGE. I was just playing the "Yelnia Stare" as the Soviets, and boy has this changed ! As an attacker you have to be 50* more careful with anything ! You can't just drive around with tanks, or run around with the infantry. The result of both of those actions is that my cool T-34 gets a side hull pentration and my green inf platoon ( or make that two ! ) is all messed up by a SINGLE mg. Now that isn't something you saw in CMBO, now is it?

All in all, the fighting has a more realistic feel for it. I'm very pleased with it.And we even haven't seen what the whole version has to offer !

I, and many others who post to this forum, are not in a position to criticize BTS. They make the game as they see fit, and it is up to us to decide whether we're going to buy it or not. Plain and simple. Sure, the lack of 12 men graphically presented is annoying as hell ! ;) But, to put it this way, is there any other wargame that even comes close to the finesse that is CMBB ?

(On a sidenote, could you make the tracers more brighter ? ) ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang! I tried posting a reply here and it didn't make it to the board! Let's try a shortened version:

Remember, in two weeks you're going to be able to blow up entire city blocks with your own SturmTiger... during a snowstorm... at night... in 3-D! However short CMBB may fall from the fevered imaginings of some out there (I was hoping for working wristwatches on all the troops) a game that has StrumTigers in snowstorms blowing up entire city blocks is worthy of SOME respect! Sure, we didn't get the flying monkey graphics we were lobbying for but the the game still rocks!

[ September 06, 2002, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Originally posted by Bruce70:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

I think this is what you are saying...

1. CMBB appears to be not all different than CMBO.

2. We should have been able to make CMBO scenarios compatiable with CMBB's improved system.

3. We need to make sure that we keep the new engine totally flexiable so we can crank out quick scenario/theater packs.

Is that about right?

Well I wish I was some hot programmer because I sure as hell am no communicator. At least I hope that is the case and not that you are deliberately trying to put a negative spin on my comments (can't think of any reason why you would).</font>

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

but also had to show us that they could sell more than we could into Europe. They did both of these things so we gave them the German version of CMBO only.

Steve,

OT: I read some time ago (actually loooong time ago) that CM was sold in Japan through a local Japanese retailer, is it still the case?

TIA.

Griffin,

That is still the case with CMBO. It won't be true for at least the initial release of CMBB. We are still negotiating a deal with the same company that did CMBO (we rulled out a couple others and are back to Micromouse). The manual is localized, but the game itself is not. That would require supporting double byte characters (don't ask if you don't know smile.gif ) and we have no idea how the interface could be made to work with such translations. The space was made with English, French, German, and other single byte characters in mind only.

Steve

Steve,

What exactly about campaigns do you think are unrealistic? Is it the morale change thing, the amount of troops required, something else?

(Obviously it would take a lot of effort to make. I am not suggesting that you would be silly enough to waste time and money on such a thing tongue.gif )

Hunter