Isn't it about time for BFC to throw the hungry masses a bone?

Dang... I can't use one of my most favorite (and gender neutral as far as I am concerned) descriptions of all time? Rats! Hmmm... guess I'll have to go with some Yiddish instead. What is the proper spelling of "kevetching"? ;)

Little yellow flower (or nasty weed, depending on realtionship smile.gif ) wrote:

Oh yes you did. You always knew we were creating the best wargame ever
Ah, yes. From a strategic standpoint we knew exactly what it was we were doing. Same for CMx2. But from a lower level standpoint, with CMx1 we had a lot of blanks to fill and did not necessarily know exactly what to fill them with. Thanks to the years of CMx1 experience we do know a lot about what little things we need to do and how we should do them. Like I said, this is in large part thanks to nearly 8 years of this community's input. For the things we haven't fully fleshed out, there will be an oportunity for you all to chime in. And that's true for each successive game as well (just like CMBO didn't stop us listening for CMBB and CMAK).

Steve

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Yup, we've been playing golf and drinking heavily since the release of CMBB, just barely managing to get out CMAK before productivity came to a complete end. Therefore, we haven't been working on a new game. Instead, we expect the games you bought 2-5 years ago to provide us with enough revenue for the next 40-50 years of our lives. So why develop anything new?

[panic]

I knew it! Aaaaaaaakkkkkkkkkk!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

[/panic]

;)

Michael

Originally posted by Dandelion:

Er... Steve, while you were away, the forum has adopted Elena Filatova as a new honourable member, our prime member in fact, and I think we would all prefer it if you did not use derogatory terms on women while the lady is present, since we are now all married to this Ukrainian solitaire and are all prone to take offense on her behalf.

I thought she had been exposed as a fraud.

:confused:

Michael

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

As for the game being vaporware... hehe... that's a good one! Yup, we've been playing golf and drinking heavily since the release of CMBB, just barely managing to get out CMAK before productivity came to a complete end. Therefore, we haven't been working on a new game. Instead, we expect the games you bought 2-5 years ago to provide us with enough revenue for the next 40-50 years of our lives. So why develop anything new?

(in case anybody got up on the "stupid" side of the bed today... the above paragraph is sarcasim smile.gif )

Actually, I don't think it was sarcasm. It was certainly a good example, of the use of irony but it was missing scorn and contempt necessary to be truly sarcastic.

One should remember that the word, “Sarcasm” comes to us from the Greek “Sarkasmos” which if I remember correctly, and I am going back more than thirty years here, means to tear flesh like dogs (one has to wonder what sort of society the Greeks had that they found it necessary to come up with a word for that concept, but that need not detain us).

I am sorry if I appear pedantic, and to post somewhat off topic, but while we are all lolling around waiting for CMX2 discussions to be formally opened I thought we could practice precision in the use of language, if for no other reason that such exactitude will greatly aid that debate when it comes. Also I am a sad bastard.

Cheers

Originally posted by llama:

One should remember that the word, “Sarcasm” comes to us from the Greek “Sarkasmos” which if I remember correctly, and I am going back more than thirty years here, means to tear flesh like dogs (one has to wonder what sort of society the Greeks had that they found it necessary to come up with a word for that concept, but that need not detain us).

Actually I am afraid that you are mistaken. The word originally derives from the Early Indo-European süka´ss, which means "to throw a dishpan of cold water on one's spouse".

Also I am a sad bastard.
This cannot be disputed.

Michael

Accurate modelling of automatic weapons, as well as the sepparate modelling of suppressing and accurate (killing) firepower - and terrain - is the key to infantry combat.

I think if BFC managed to model all this to your satisfaction, then they could sell out to the armies of the world and never work another day, just counting the money rolling in. But you would probably not get to play with it. ;)

Originally posted by Panzer76:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ardem:

Becareful all greeks will argue that ever word derives from the greek language heheheh.

But Alexander the Great was gay, right? ;) </font>

Originally posted by Andreas:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dandelion:

Accurate modelling of automatic weapons, as well as the sepparate modelling of suppressing and accurate (killing) firepower - and terrain - is the key to infantry combat.

I think if BFC managed to model all this to your satisfaction, then they could sell out to the armies of the world and never work another day, just counting the money rolling in. But you would probably not get to play with it. ;) </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Er... Steve, while you were away, the forum has adopted Elena Filatova as a new honourable member, our prime member in fact, and I think we would all prefer it if you did not use derogatory terms on women while the lady is present, since we are now all married to this Ukrainian solitaire and are all prone to take offense on her behalf.

I thought she had been exposed as a fraud.

:confused:

Michael </font>

Were you on the verge of flattening my single romantic dream with a harmful amount of unearthed facts just now?

Sorry. Nothing personal, you understand. It's just my duty as a grog. I could leave you alone for a moment with a loaded revolver...

Michael

Were you on the verge of flattening my single romantic dream with a harmful amount of unearthed facts just now?

Sorry. Nothing personal, you understand. It's just my duty as a grog. I could leave you alone for a moment with a loaded revolver...

Michael </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />

When we release the first screenshots a lot of the game subsystems will not be coded yet.

Er... If it is all the same to you, would you mind settling the size of terrain tiles before the first screenshots come? I say 5 metres... whats your bid?

</font>

Originally posted by V:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Panzer76:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ardem:

Becareful all greeks will argue that ever word derives from the greek language heheheh.

But Alexander the Great was gay, right? ;) </font>

Originally posted by llama:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

As for the game being vaporware... hehe... that's a good one! Yup, we've been playing golf and drinking heavily since the release of CMBB, just barely managing to get out CMAK before productivity came to a complete end. Therefore, we haven't been working on a new game. Instead, we expect the games you bought 2-5 years ago to provide us with enough revenue for the next 40-50 years of our lives. So why develop anything new?

(in case anybody got up on the "stupid" side of the bed today... the above paragraph is sarcasim smile.gif )

Actually, I don't think it was sarcasm. It was certainly a good example, of the use of irony but it was missing scorn and contempt necessary to be truly sarcastic.

I am sorry if I appear pedantic, and to post somewhat off topic, but while we are all lolling around waiting for CMX2 discussions to be formally opened I thought we could practice precision in the use of language, if for no other reason that such exactitude will greatly aid that debate when it comes. Also I am a sad bastard.

Cheers </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by llama:

Actually I am afraid that you are mistaken. The word originally derives from the Early Indo-European süka´ss, which means "to throw a dishpan of cold water on one's spouse".

</font>