Isn't it about time for BFC to throw the hungry masses a bone?

Its been a long time since BFC gave out any significant information on the much awaited CMx2. Of course back at the beginning of the year when BFC last did so, the forum descended into pandemonium over PBEM, the proper design of cup holders, and other assorted crises, so maybe they have thought better of saying anything else until the game is completed;)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when they start posting the screenshost, you'll know it's too late to influence any core design decisions. So we don't want screenshots just yet.

We want what happened a few months ago, with company representatives opening up debates on fundamental design ideas. That's power. The rest is just execution.

Not that I hate execution. I'm just more of a decisionlevel person.

Cheerioops

Dandelion

Lately, my attitude is "who cares anymore?" This long gap between releases (how OLD is CMAK now?) has led me to play other games. Goodbye CM. Personally I am looking forward to Rome: Total War--Barbarian Invasion than any other pending BFC release ("Drop Team" and "T-72" do not fill me with anticipation).

In a way I feel ignored by BFC. If you ignore your customers, they will go away.

See ya'...

Originally posted by kgsan:

Its been a long time since BFC gave out any significant information on the much awaited CMx2. Of course back at the beginning of the year when BFC last did so, the forum descended into pandemonium over PBEM, the proper design of cup holders, and other assorted crises, so maybe they have thought better of saying anything else until the game is completed;)

LOL! You don´t really think they get something out of the box this year, do you ?

They are "so to speak" reinventing the wargaming wheel. This takes time! Pacience young padawan ;)

cheers

Originally posted by tooz:

In a way I feel ignored by BFC. If you ignore your customers, they will go away.

See ya'...

Don't go to the obscure side of the force ! :D

I think, there is much competition in a "World games", that's why BFC is prudent!

Pat

Originally posted by tooz:

Lately, my attitude is "who cares anymore?" This long gap between releases (how OLD is CMAK now?) has led me to play other games. Goodbye CM. .

So you've mastered it then? Nothing new for you to learn? You've "done" all the "levels" and you're on to the next game...

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Gpig:

Hmmm . . . much negativity I hear.

where it springs from, I wonder?

Immature childishness perhaps?

;)

Michael </font>

I think a bone is justified. I personally don't think it matters much...CM guys could wait 10 years and when CMx2 was released they'd hop in with both feet probably.

That said, from a pure publicity standpoint, and for my own curiosity (which is insatiable...did I spell that right?), I would love for BFC or any other game developer to post daily project logs. At the very least, it would be neat to hear when major milestones are achieved.

Not really sure what the secrecy is about...if I read,

"Today Bob was working on the code for (insert feature here). He's struggling with how to make it do 'x' while at the same time leaving 'y' the way it is. Recall that it took us a long time to get 'y' the way we wanted it, but now we're finding that 'x' and 'y' are inter-related and it's a bit of a headache. "

I'd think that was pretty neat...I don't think it would really do much for the competition unless they are going to try and do the same thing at the same time using the same engine...but for us curious dudes it would be 'a bone'.

To some extent, these logs are kept anyway, probably lacking some narrative, but generally it's good policy...oh, what the heck am I rambling on about? nm. smile.gif

It's funny, this thread. I go to Armchair General to read the forums on ASL, and all that they whine about is the impending release of Armies of Oblivion, the long awaited final core module for ASL (first announced in what, 1997 I think?). Multiman Publishing is promising that this is the year.

I then come here and it's whining about the impending release of CMx2.

Me personally, I've been awaiting the release of Leisure Suit Larry 9 for years now!!!

Actually, the clock starts running for the Battlefront team once they throw the bone. After that, the screams of "are we there yet? Are we there yet?" from a thousand crazy fanboys in the backseat won't stop until the final product is out.

... So I'm confident that the BFC will only start serving teasers once they're confident that they have a reliable release schedule.

Originally posted by Panzer76:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dandelion:

Well when they start posting the screenshost, you'll know it's too late to influence any core design decisions.

You really think we can do that on this stage? I don't. </font>

Originally posted by Bone_Vulture:

Actually, the clock starts running for the Battlefront team once they throw the bone. After that, the screams of "are we there yet? Are we there yet?" from a thousand crazy fanboys in the backseat won't stop until the final product is out.

... So I'm confident that the BFC will only start serving teasers once they're confident that they have a reliable release schedule.

Yes, I think they learned their lesson from CMBO, when there were very early alpha shots, I bet they wont go down that road again. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm betting they have nothing to show. Most likely they are still coding and so there are no 3D models yet anyhow.