The Cheery Waffle Thread and Other Natural Disasters: Film at Eleven

Snarker

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dave H:

Another BDLRM-revenge match ends in a draw. Mike took the entire Afrika Korps, put them in trenches criss-crossing the sides of a mountain, and allowed me to attack him. My infantry couldn't even approach the mountain without getting hit with a hail of HMG and mortar fire from above. The tanks did what they could, but his dug-in AT guns and his minefields finally stopped them, too. I couldn't get at him on the summit, so we finally pulled back a bit. That's when he went crazy and began chasing my tanks with his AT guns. :D:D

The truth is a small bunch of Afrika Corp recruits stoped an attack by a British Armoured division equipped with the massive Churchill tanks and more artillery than ti took to sink the Hood, and chassed them away!

Barely half my AT guns weer dug in, and all my mortars were out of ammo before the game was half over! tongue.gif

And his tanks kept running away from my AT guns!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ewww....you are Dave's friend?? No doubt his special friend???

Yuck - I'm going to have to wash your incoming wibble turns from now on!!

Originally posted by Soddball:

:mad:

Yer all a sack of cock-knockers!!

:mad: :mad: ARAGAHGARAGHGH!!!! :mad: :mad:

Hey, you freak. I'm assuming Snarker and I will meet in battle at some point in Alpine Summer? Good god man, we're, like, 20 turns in and nary a sound contact. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Soddball:

:mad:

Yer all a sack of cock-knockers!!

:mad: :mad: ARAGAHGARAGHGH!!!! :mad: :mad:

Hey, you freak. I'm assuming Snarker and I will meet in battle at some point in Alpine Summer? Good god man, we're, like, 20 turns in and nary a sound contact. :mad: :mad: :mad: </font>

Originally posted by Mike:

The truth is a small bunch of Afrika Corp recruits stoped an attack by a British Armoured division equipped with the massive Churchill tanks and more artillery than ti took to sink the Hood, and chassed them away!

Barely half my AT guns weer dug in, and all my mortars were out of ammo before the game was half over!

And his tanks kept running away from my AT guns!!

Sir, when it comes to, shall we say, embellishing the truth, you put our own Vice President Dick Cheney to shame. Let me address each of your points, except for that great big one on the top of your head:

My "massive Churchill tanks" were well equipped to fight German armor (as you saw), but unfortunately not German infantry. I think only three tanks had some kind of lame HE ammunition. Even that was pretty useless until the tanks drove right next to your trenches. The machine guns didn't do much good at all versus trenches. :(

The "more artillery than ti (sic) took to sink the Hood" had one glaring problem. Because your troops were hunkered down in trenches on a mountaintop, my guns had to fire up at them. As a result, a large fraction of my extremely angry TNT went sailing over the mountaintop and on into orbit, for all the good it did. Anyway, could a few 25 pounders sink the Hood? :confused:

So you "chassed (sic) them away", did you? Then what explains the unpleasant fact that we controlled three of the four VLs on the mountain? Actually, we held almost all of the mountain except for the very summit. :rolleyes:

Your claim that "barely half my AT guns weer (sic) dug in" sounds good. I suppose you're talking about your heavy AT rifles not being dug in, while your 50 and 75 mm guns were. Was there a connection between the guns dug in and the guns still firing at the end of the game? tongue.gif

As far as "all my mortars were out of ammo before the game was half over", by then my infantry was so cut up and exhausted that I couldn't give orders to most of the squads. For some reason the men seemed to get very tired trying to climb a mountain while under massed HMG and mortar fire. Go figure. :mad:

"And his tanks kept running away from my AT guns!!" Silly me, I thought the primary goal in combat was to not get shot!! What could I have been thinking? Did you see how many tanks were either immobilized or had gun damage? I thought there was a very good reason to avoid your AT guns, all of which were hidden from my artillery support. :rolleyes:

So, Mr. Almost-as-gamey-as-mtw, ready for another round? :D:D

GHAGAHGAHGHA GHGHGHGAHGAHGAHG GHGHGHGHGHGHGHG

*hoiks on the floor for affect*

Wimps!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nothing bets the adrenaline surge of the fast, bone breaking, mayhem inducing game that is tiddlywinks!

2004_tiddlywinks2.jpg

<font size = 1>Image from tiddlywinks grandfinals. 20000 competitors were hospitalised due to the game's frenzy!</font>

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

GHAGAHGAHGHA GHGHGHGAHGAHGAHG GHGHGHGHGHGHGHG

*hoiks on the floor for affect*

Wimps!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Nothing bets the adrenaline surge of the fast, bone breaking, mayhem inducing game that is tiddlywinks!

2004_tiddlywinks2.jpg

<font size = 1>Image from tiddlywinks grandfinals. 20000 competitors were hospitalised due to the game's frenzy!</font>

Mace

Reminiscing about the good old days when you were in tip-top shape, huh?

MfmPffMfmPffMfmMmmMmmMmmMmmMmmMmmPffMfmMfp!!!!!! FfmPpfFmf MmmPmfPmf MmfMfpFmfMmfPmp MffPpmPfmPpfFmpMppPppFmp FmpPppFmp!!! :mad: :mad:

Kenny speak. Find the link yourself, you legless, kraut-loving non-splodie, no turn sending maggots!