The Cheery Waffle Thread and Other Natural Disasters: Film at Eleven

Snarker

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GRRAAAARGH!!! I bought Star Wars, want to buy RTW, but no free cash right now. :mad: :mad:

Anywhoo, who wants me to disintegrate there sorry behinds in SW???? We need to set up a Cheery Waffle game. Who else is in? :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Snarker:

GRRAAAARGH!!! I bought Star Wars, want to buy RTW, but no free cash right now. :mad: :mad:

Anywhoo, who wants me to disintegrate there sorry behinds in SW???? We need to set up a Cheery Waffle game. Who else is in? :mad: :mad:

GARGAGARGARAGARAGARGA! I played VERY briefly last night. I am VERY disturbed that I cannot get my joystick to work for the fighters. :mad: My gamepad works, but I need to see if I can map they keys a bit differently. I am afraid, I will need to be cloned or have autospawning to make it much of a match. :mad:

I'll have to wait for the demo first.

I have been having major problems with my Radeon and Direct 3D games. While FS2004 and IL-2 work fine, I can't get Call of Duty or America's Army to work. They will start and then freeze and go black while the sound continues. I was getting a VPU Recovery error.

Now I've researched the problem to death. I've unistalled and re-installed both the latest ATI and Omega Drivers, I've updated my chipset and BIOS, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the games themselves.

I've disabled VPU Recovery, turned off Fast Write and turned the AGP speed off and still no dice.

It's not a heat (I've got an Arctic cooler on the card) or power problem (voltage is fine) and the Direct X tests 7, 8 and 9 all work fine.

I don't want to put out for Battlefront to have it not work.

Like I said, it only affects Call of Duty, America's Army and Need for Speed Underground.

CM, FS2004 and IL-2 all work fine.

My system specs:

Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)

2.60 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4

8 kilobyte primary memory cache

512 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Board: Intel Corporation D865GBF AAC28140-405

Bus Clock: 200 megahertz

BIOS: Intel Corp. BF86510A.86A.0069.P21.0409290100 09/29/2004

159.96 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity

117.18 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8525B [CD-ROM drive]

TOSHIBA ODD-DVD SD-M1802 [CD-ROM drive]

512 Megabytes Installed Memory

Radeon 9800 Pro 128 Mgs

CATALYST Windows XP V. 4.9 drivers

Any ideas? Help!! :mad: :mad:

Mph. From one of those links:

"Well I just took the power supply back & while arguing with the guy whether it could be bad the technician looking at it fried the motherboard to go along w/ the bad power supply. They replaced everything & now it's running fine."

Tee hee.

And no, I haven't been able to fix it yet. I even rolled back the drivers as far as Catalyst 4.3. :mad:

<font size=5 font color=orange>Good Morning, Waffles!!</font>

Boo, thanks for those kind words. For some reason he's disappointed that my attacking allies crushed his defending Germans in his own scenario! Personally I think it had everything to do with my superior tactics, possibly aided by his terrible luck in our armor duels. Whatever the cause, I'll take it. :D:D

I tried the Dominions 2 demo for a while over the weekend. There's an awful lot to remember to do each turn! I haven't decided yet if I want to buy it or not. After playing a few turns it left me with that same feeling I remember from Tetris - if I started over I would do this, and not do that, and I would succeed. Strongly addictive, I suspect. Do I really want to get started into something like that again? :confused: :confused:

Hey, Axe!!! Go back to the Foamy the Squirrel site and watch 'tech support'. It'll prep you for the call to ATI...

Dominions is deep, Dave, but you should be able to pull yourself away for other activities. It will wait for your return. smile.gif

The PBEM game getting set up will only be 1 turn a day, asfar as I know. That's enough, considering it's currently at six or seven players.

[ October 04, 2004, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: Snarker ]