The Peng Challenge - The Abomination of Desolation

Lars

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, I have met Seanachai, Lars and dalem ... I have been in dalem's home and even petted his dog (like I had a choice, the most intrusive damn dog I've ever seen, mind you having a REAL person around is likely a novelty for the poor thing). I have seen both of the Musketeer movies.

I'm trying to think of what I could possibly be missing.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by R Leete:

Wit? Wisdom? Youth?

Just throwing out a couple of choices, there are so many things you are missing.

R Leete ... that's a pretty stupid name ... fits.

Joe </font>

I'm trying to think of what I could possibly be missing.

Joe

The use of the Star Trek phaser pistol, Joe.

Somehow, when you point it at one of your fellows who's just dropped a verbal load of ****e like a water buffalo manuring a paddy, and hear the satisfying 'rrhhhhhhheeeeee' as you pull the trigger, tagging him as a fecking idjit, you feel that all is right with the world.

Plus, after 7 or so Rum&Cokes, it makes Dalem laugh like a Republican regarding the concept of public accountability.

But I become too political. Mainly, though, I just hate Dalem. In a 'best buddy who is thoroughly despicable but lets me drink his scotch' sort of way. Oh, and has a great house. And Sten the dog is loud, but quite nice.

I'm even bringing my copy of Tom Carson's "Gilligan's Wake" over for him to read 'the Skipper's Story', tomorrow night.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Plus, after 7 or so Rum&Cokes, it makes Dalem laugh like a Republican regarding the concept of public accountability.

Keep talking like that and I won't even let you hold the Communicator.

Well, well, Jim Boggs.

It'd be a shame, Squire, if your precious sense of security was to get messed about, lad.

But if you stray out on to the nearby precincts, you'll see as how your arse...or at least, your signature line, belongs to me, lad.

Deary, deary me! After your attempts to forestall me, rather than submitting to your fate, as my large, thuggish and oafish minion Boo did, what should become of you?

Perhaps your new Signature Line should be written by a committee of the Minnesota Miscreants at Dalem's house tomorrow night? While extremely drunk and full of themselves? How delicious.

In the future, Jim, while I honour your attempts to avoid your (inevitable) fate, it'd probably be better to just lie down, and put your neck under the boot of the Master you've already given the verbal handshake.

Now, let's imagine. Who's going to have to deal with a more horrible Sig line? You who raged against the dying of the light (please don't imagine that those of us who sit in the Darkness of the Wasteland, waiting for the folk to reach us, necessarily honour those who don't go gently), or Boo, who flopped around for a period like a gaffed Muskie, but then simply lay gasping in resigned horror?

Expect your respective Sig lines by Sunday night.

Feel free, the both of you, to mock, belittle, and deny your fate.

We like it when you cry, bro.

[ April 16, 2004, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Keep talking like that and I won't even let you hold the Communicator. </font>

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

As for our dear man whose name cannot be made funny, but very very long, i would IF YOU SEND ME A TURN FIRST. Sheesh i didn't know senility was contagious.

I sent it to you three times already - please fix your end or somefink!

But you're still going to allow me to lie on the couch and clutch the bottle of Laphroaig, aren't you?

If there's any left, yeah. When I hosted the last Map Game a few weeks ago the German commanders and the Umpires hit it pretty hard.

-dale

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

But you're still going to allow me to lie on the couch and clutch the bottle of Laphroaig, aren't you?

If there's any left, yeah. When I hosted the last Map Game a few weeks ago the German commanders and the Umpires hit it pretty hard.

-dale </font>

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was my favourite!

Okay I exaggerated a bit. I just checked the cabinet and it's still about half full.

I am out of rum though. Have to correct that tomorrow. It's hard to do my pirate act without the rum.

I have been in dalem's home and even petted his dog (like I had a choice, the most intrusive damn dog I've ever seen, mind you having a REAL person around is likely a novelty for the poor thing).

Intrusive, eh? So what exactly did this dog do to you? Something tells me this went way beyond the normal leg humping. Can you type what happened without getting banned or is it a fear that dalem has pictures of it and will start a Joe Shaw: Dog's Best Friend bestiality site?

Kitty

Originally posted by Kitty:

Was it a BIG dog? Could it talk? Was it verbally abusive while it did the appalling things that it did to you? Did it say you had a pretty mouth? Tell us!

Maybe just post the photos?

<font size = 2>Psssst, Kitty, you should hear what Dalem's parakeet gets upto....not pretty, not pretty at all.</font>

Originally posted by Kitty:

Was it a BIG dog? Could it talk? Was it verbally abusive while it did the appalling things that it did to you? Did it say you had a pretty mouth? Tell us! =|

Kitty

Sky Kitty, my dog is nice and well-mannered. He would never do that sort of thing to Joe.

I mean, Joe isn't the kind of trick who will pay for the high class stuff, and Sten is high class.

Sky Kitty, my dog is nice and well-mannered. He would never do that sort of thing to Joe.

I mean, Joe isn't the kind of trick who will pay for the high class stuff, and Sten is high class.

WE are not a vindictive king, but WE can still hope for a picture of your dog attached to Joe's britches, with it's teeth firmly imbedded in his backside.

That would be cool.

KING MACE

Well, well, Jim Boggs.

It'd be a shame, Squire, if your precious sense of security was to get messed about, lad.

But if you stray out on to the nearby precincts, you'll see as how your arse...or at least, your signature line, belongs to me, lad.

Deary, deary me! After your attempts to forestall me, rather than submitting to your fate, as my large, thuggish and oafish minion Boo did, what should become of you?

Perhaps your new Signature Line should be written by a committee of the Minnesota Miscreants at Dalem's house tomorrow night? While extremely drunk and full of themselves? How delicious.

In the future, Jim, while I honour your attempts to avoid your (inevitable) fate, it'd probably be better to just lie down, and put your neck under the boot of the Master you've already given the verbal handshake.

Now, let's imagine. Who's going to have to deal with a more horrible Sig line? You who raged against the dying of the light (please don't imagine that those of us who sit in the Darkness of the Wasteland, waiting for the folk to reach us, necessarily honour those who don't go gently), or Boo, who flopped around for a period like a gaffed Muskie, but then simply lay gasping in resigned horror?

Expect your respective Sig lines by Sunday night.

Feel free, the both of you, to mock, belittle, and deny your fate.

We like it when you cry, bro.

Hmm? What's that? Oh, yes. It wasn't so much "resigned horror" as it was ennui.

You will do what you will do what you will do what you will do.

And I'll continue to kick your arse all over the battlefield.

I know that whatever sig line you come up with for me will be nothing but an extension of the envy you feel for me.

I realize that this sig line business will afford you an opportunity to get even with me for having the extreme good fortune of being me.

That's OK, Seanachai. I can forgive you and say that, although I do not love you, at least I'm used to you.

p.s. You do know that Boggs has little finger puppets of you and the rest of the Minnesotans and he spends night after night amusing himself by enacting ribald little morality plays with them, many of which seem centered around passing them through various creature's lower intestines for some reason. It's true. He told me so himself.

My worst fears have now been confirmed. This little incident just seems to be playing out in too contrived a manner to ignore. Therefore I have consulted with a highly regarded and world famous Conspiracy Expert. I have agreed to keep John Kettler's name confidential, so I cannot divulge the source of my analysis.

Let us review the sequence of events:

1) Radley, who has never beaten me, challenges me to a Blood Hamster Sig Line Match.

2) Abomination rune coincidentally has a scenario for testing

3) The scenario in question, as in all of Abomination rune's scenarios, was designed to be a one-sided abomination

4) That I was able (through sheer tactical brilliance) to get a draw, placed a certain roadblock on the path of a certain person's revenge.

5) Suddenly, a new rule is announced that says draws cause both sig lines to become available for desecration.

6) The owner of my sig line (Berli) is conveniently missing.

7) A certain Seanachai individual, still seething from his stern (but fair and balanced) rebuke for improper usage of the English Language, is coincidentally(?) now claiming title to my sig line.

8) Even as the matter seemed to be passing into that "point of no return" (ie; Seanachai's 10 minute attention span), up jumps Radley with a reminder that the trap, while well sprung, has not been consumated.

9) Suddenly, there is a meeting announced at dalem's House of Food and Beer, scheduled for the Friday before the Sunday deadline for sig-lines. Clearly an opportunity for certain individuals to consume mass quantities of alcohol to "stimulate" their imaginations in a group effort to facilitate the compostition of said sig line.

As my confidential advisor pointed out, there is just too much clear cut evidence in this highly suspicious sequence of events for it to be just a "coincidence".

He calls it The Bard's Revenge! It was also pointed out, that this "conspiracy" is equivalent in smell and retribution to the historical case of Montezuma's Revenge.

John was also.....My advisor was also kind enough to point out that it took the combined efforts of at least ten individuals to pull this off, and that in an ironic (moronic in the case of Radley) twist clearly shows an immense fear and loathing of "the victim" (the honorable and innocent ME)!

I am currently consulting with the firm Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe, and they promise that with the proper deposit on retainer, justice will prevail!

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

...justice will prevail!

Read the fine print -- "justice will prevail only if the check clears. Legal Counsel are not responsible for any of Client's inaccurate or unrealistic views as to what the terms 'justice' or 'prevail' might mean. Legal Counsel specifically excludes any warranty or promise of any particular result for Client. All payments final."

Steve

[ April 16, 2004, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]