The Peng Challenge - The Abomination of Desolation

Lars

Do you know what? I said I wasn't going to do this.

I mean, I let some folks of the 'Pool know things, but I'm fecking fed up.

I'm a useless ****ing sack of ****e. Not like my sister, who's attempting to kick the ****e out of Cancer for the 5th time.

She had Hodgkins Disease when she was 14. And, when she entered her 30s, she ended up with Breast Cancer, courtesy of the treatments she had to face to thwack the Hodgkins with a very large stick. And since then, by my count, she's had at least two cancers in situ in her body, that have been removed by painful and debilitating surgery.

And now, like weasels dancing a lusty tarantella to the rights of Spring, she has Hodgkins again. She's in her second month of Chemo-therapy, and she can't stop throwing-up, to the point where earlier this week they had to give her fluids because she was so dehydrated.

She's way cool, though. Really likes Celtic music. Bit too Republican for our Family, but we're trying to reclaim her. Christ forfend that someone with her sense of self and life should simply render unto Spkr's that which was Spkr's.

Gotta drive her to her T-Cell (Immune System) shot tomorrow. Man, did she sound weak and buggered tonight.

For her Birthday, last week, I bought her an 'Executive Desk Gong' (weird bookstore 'mini-gong' thing that I'm hoping she uses to amuse and annoy her Admin Assistant!), and I burned her a copy of my CD of the Danna brothers 'A Celtic Tale'. Oh, and a card, showing women draped in shifts dancing around in some sort of Victorian pseudo-ritual exclaiming "I'm the Goddess, No, wait, I'm the Goddess, Ladies, Get a clue, I'm the Goddess!"

She seemed to get a kick out of it, and told me she loved the CD.

So I feel pretty good.

But, you know, I can pretty much eat or drink anything I want without throwing up. So I've got that going for me.

But you know, life can be really hard for the good people.

Not like me.

You're all a wonderful group of lads. Even the stupid bastards.

Errr....mind you, I'd actually kill any three of you to make my sister feel better. But not more than three.

You have to draw the line somewhere, after all...

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic