Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

The Peng Challenge - The Abomination of Desolation

Lars

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

... one can't get the right elastic these days.

It's a conspiracy! A conspiracy I tell ya!

...either that or a contorting donkey.

Mace

[ April 17, 2004, 05:32 AM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

... some of me distant relatives run a Turkish massage parlour...

... it can be arranged... privately

Turkey?

*works out the distance between England and Turkey*

Ya I guess they'd be distant relatives then.

Seems to be long way to go for a massage though.

Mace

Originally posted by Mace:

Ya I guess they'd be distant relatives then.

Seems to be long way to go for a massage though.

Mace

Yes... and distant in other ways, too, on account of a case of misidentity with a camel during a night-time transit down the Nile.

Great Aunt Ethel was always prone to ad hoc roaming...

[points with one ear backwards]

See that slight hump?

Camel.

Not 100%, of course, but enough to spit.

Dear v42below,

I have received your mail, explaining why your turns have been so late recently.

In name of all the members of the sacred pool I would like wish you good luck with your attempts to become house-trained.

I know that your limited mental abilities are not yet capable of controlling your bladder and clicking the send button of your email-program at the same time.

Because I don't want any "accidents" to happen I'll leave you in peace during this awkward phase.

If you ever contemplate giving up, know this: I'm there for you!

Love,

stikkypixie

Ok, enough drunkeness. Since I'll be studying all weekend we will only eat one meal each on Saturday and Sunday. Tonight will be Slim Jims (1 each) and Sunday will be Cup o' Noodles.

I appoint Yeknodathon as Prime Minister during my abscence.

Kitty

Originally posted by Kitty:

I appoint Yeknodathon as Prime Minister during my abscence.

Eh?

Oh... [swings the special thinking tail]

I declare that all trainee chefs produce thistle soup, thistle en croute, roast thistle with a nettle coulis, braised thistle, poached thistle on a bed of mixed herbs and thistles... and for dessert, baked Alaskan thistle and thistle tartlets.

Yeknod

Ok, enough drunkeness.

Ther is never enough drunkeness. Sheesh, what a lightweight.

Tonight will be Slim Jims

No! I want a hot dog. With mustard. Yellow mustard. Not any of that poofta de-John type. French's. You know, the good stuff. And just because I can, I'm going to have two.

Edit: when firing up the grill for the first time of the season, it is wise to check for debris blocking the burner before attempting to light. That is, it is wise unless you want to have a large fireball created on your back porch.

[ April 17, 2004, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: R Leete ]

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Terence:

Hope the brisket worked out ok, if you guys are reading, this here friday night. Seanachai's post leads me to believe it did....

Sod off!!!! I'm the Executive Chef here!!!! Anyone who is responsible for preparing or consuming this so-called, "Brisket" shall receive no rations for a week!!!!!!!! Le Cordon Bleu did not sanction this event!!!!!

Kitty </font>

Originally posted by R Leete:

Edit: when firing up the grill for the first time of the season, it is wise to check for debris blocking the burner before attempting to light. That is, it is wise unless you want to have a large fireball created on your back porch.

And always make sure, when you move the grill out of the garage for the first time of the season, that the rubber hose connecting the tank to the burner is not touching the bottom of the grill case.

Because if this were to occur, it might melt and as you stepped outside the back door holding a platter of wings and such, you might find the grill engulfed in flames and a five foot flame erupting out of the tank... maybe even towards the rear of your wife's car... where the gas tank is.

And if you are extremely lucky, you will just happen to have a fire extinguisher nearby, to douse the flames before they cause the propane tank to erupt, blowing half of the garage away.

And then, instead of dying in the explosion, you will only feel a huge amount of embarrassment as the neighbors all watch a huge cloud of CO2 waft out over your backyard.

And then you can go out to dinner.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by R Leete:

And always make sure, when you move the grill out of the garage for the first time of the season, that the rubber hose connecting the tank to the burner is not touching the bottom of the grill case.

Because if this were to occur, it might melt and as you stepped outside the back door holding a platter of wings and such, you might find the grill engulfed in flames and a five foot flame erupting out of the tank... maybe even towards the rear of your wife's car... where the gas tank is.

And if you are extremely lucky, you will just happen to have a fire extinguisher nearby, to douse the flames before they cause the propane tank to erupt, blowing half of the garage away.

And then, instead of dying in the explosion, you will only feel a huge amount of embarrassment as the neighbors all watch a huge cloud of CO2 waft out over your backyard.

And then you can go out to dinner. </font>