**** ROW IV (part 4) ****

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The feedback surpasses what you would get at the depot (no offense to the Admiral).

Case in point, I have a CMBO scenario at the depot (the battle for Falaise) with 484 downloads. Not bad when you consider it was released after CMAK.

It has one review.

On the flip side, South of Vevi was played by 72 players, and so far I have 27 AARs that I can access at Boots and Tracks, with more to come.

The feedback surpasses what you would get at the depot (no offense to the Admiral).

Case in point, I have a CMBO scenario at the depot (the battle for Falaise) with 484 downloads. Not bad when you consider it was released after CMAK.

It has one review.

On the flip side, South of Vevi was played by 72 players, and so far I have 27 AARs that I can access at Boots and Tracks, with more to come.

It has one review.

Have you made any changes to the game in general since the last time you were able to open the files? Downloaded any mods, or changed any of the prefs?

If the answer is yes, then backtrack and convert the game to its original state. If the answer is no, then post your problem in the tech forum and wait for Schullrenhaft to respond.

Make sure not to compromise FOW!

BTW, where are you in that game turn wise?

One more thing, ask your opponent to send me the file. If I can't open it then its a funked-up file, and you'll have to replay the turn.

Have you made any changes to the game in general since the last time you were able to open the files? Downloaded any mods, or changed any of the prefs?

If the answer is yes, then backtrack and convert the game to its original state. If the answer is no, then post your problem in the tech forum and wait for Schullrenhaft to respond.

One more thing, ask your opponent to send me the file. If I can't open it then its a funked-up file, and you'll have to replay the turn.

Originally posted by PittPanther31:

KF,

I can't open my latest file in Wolf. Any suggestions? My opponent has sent it twice now, still no luck.

I can't get to the password screen, everytime I click on it, the game makes a sound and then nothing happens.

Thanks in advance.

What does the file look like when you view it in a text editor, e.g. MS word?

If it is a proper PBEM move it should be made of text lines, and the fire line should say

"----------------- Play-By-Email Data Follows This Line -----------------"

If you have some binary junk, it could be zipped. And there was a bug in some MS mail products (exchange server) which packed it into some junk "windat.<something>"

KF,

I can't open my latest file in Wolf. Any suggestions? My opponent has sent it twice now, still no luck.

I can't get to the password screen, everytime I click on it, the game makes a sound and then nothing happens.

Thanks in advance.

If it is a proper PBEM move it should be made of text lines, and the fire line should say

If you have some binary junk, it could be zipped. And there was a bug in some MS mail products (exchange server) which packed it into some junk "windat.<something>"

KF,

Thanks in advance.