• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, 12 finalists!

What turn are you up to in "Honor"?

I'm halfway done and need to know if I should start double timing. [/QB]

---

Currently on hold in Honor at Turn 10... my opponent, Bryce B., is out of town for a couple of weeks. So I'd say don't worry too much about double-timing. (I'm now in the final stages of Wolf... having finished Methode weeks ago.)

Hey, 12 finalists!

---

Currently on hold in Honor at Turn 10... my opponent, Bryce B., is out of town for a couple of weeks. So I'd say don't worry too much about double-timing. (I'm now in the final stages of Wolf... having finished Methode weeks ago.)

Hey, 12 finalists!

---

Originally posted by Ace Pilot:

Any news on the AAR contest?

Hi Ace,

The news is that we are waiting on the final AAR's.

These are to be judged against the first round AAR's and the best three of the lot to be put forward to the vote by all those who took part / were involved in the tourney.

This will mean that it will be some time before we can do this.

In hindsight we might have just made the prize just for the 1st round AAR's? Not sure what people think about that?

My view is that it should be any AAR from the whole of the tourney and we just have to live with the delay.

I would be interested in hearing what the other players think.

As for posting the 1st round AAR's I hope that WWB has now got all those and it is down to his time allowance to be able to process them.

smile.gif

H

Hi Ace,

These are to be judged against the first round AAR's and the best three of the lot to be put forward to the vote by all those who took part / were involved in the tourney.

In hindsight we might have just made the prize just for the 1st round AAR's? Not sure what people think about that?

My view is that it should be any AAR from the whole of the tourney and we just have to live with the delay.

As for posting the 1st round AAR's I hope that WWB has now got all those and it is down to his time allowance to be able to process them.

smile.gif

H

Hi Ace,

smile.gif

H

Thanks, Holien.

From a purely selfish point of view, I’d like to say you should judge only the first round AARs (less competition for my AARs - ;) ). But, I’m not going to be critical of this generous contest, especially since reviewing so many AARs has got to be a huge time commitment. So, the delay is no problem for me.

I will offer this, though. How about “Honorable Mentions” (no prizes) for various categories, such as funniest, most realistic, best spin, etc. Maybe even do this for each scenario and/or each side? I figure as long as the judges are reading all of them anyway, they might be able to hand out these “Honorable Mentions” in addition to figuring out who the overall AAR winner is.

Thanks, Holien.

From a purely selfish point of view, I’d like to say you should judge only the first round AARs (less competition for my AARs - ;) ). But, I’m not going to be critical of this generous contest, especially since reviewing so many AARs has got to be a huge time commitment. So, the delay is no problem for me.

I will offer this, though. How about “Honorable Mentions” (no prizes) for various categories, such as funniest, most realistic, best spin, etc. Maybe even do this for each scenario and/or each side? I figure as long as the judges are reading all of them anyway, they might be able to hand out these “Honorable Mentions” in addition to figuring out who the overall AAR winner is.

Thanks, Holien.

Form me, the idea of waiting till the final AARs come and including them in the judging is a complete suprise and rather a large disappointment

Not the least because the previous ones are now on display, but also because we were pressured into finishing those in expectation that they were going to be judged (I thought). Otherwise, why the rush back then.

The people on the finals have the fun of that. Good for them. Do they need another to at the AARs as well? Meanwhile, why not let the rest of us have the AARs we did judged and posted!

Form me, the idea of waiting till the final AARs come and including them in the judging is a complete suprise and rather a large disappointment

Not the least because the previous ones are now on display, but also because we were pressured into finishing those in expectation that they were going to be judged (I thought). Otherwise, why the rush back then.

The people on the finals have the fun of that. Good for them. Do they need another to at the AARs as well? Meanwhile, why not let the rest of us have the AARs we did judged and posted!

Hi GaJ,

I am sorry to read your comments and I thought it was clear that all AAR's would be judged for the prize.

As for you being rushed this was to allow us to calculate the bonus that would contribute to the scores for working out who the finalist were.

We did in fact extend the period slightly to allow people to tidy up the AAR's if they wished and even this was not liked by some people so it was kept to a short time frame.

BTW, you were not excluded from taking part in the final scenarios (actively encouraged) and if you did and wrote an AAR then that would be eligable for the prize.

I never saw the AAR prize as something just for the first round, but maybe next time it is something we can consider.

Ace I am sure we will have lots of special mentions for certain AAR's but I don't think it will be as many as you suggest. Judging is very subjective and getting people to read all those AAR's for judging purposes is no easy task.

Cheers

H

Hi GaJ,

I am sorry to read your comments and I thought it was clear that all AAR's would be judged for the prize.

As for you being rushed this was to allow us to calculate the bonus that would contribute to the scores for working out who the finalist were.

We did in fact extend the period slightly to allow people to tidy up the AAR's if they wished and even this was not liked by some people so it was kept to a short time frame.

BTW, you were not excluded from taking part in the final scenarios (actively encouraged) and if you did and wrote an AAR then that would be eligable for the prize.

I never saw the AAR prize as something just for the first round, but maybe next time it is something we can consider.

Ace I am sure we will have lots of special mentions for certain AAR's but I don't think it will be as many as you suggest. Judging is very subjective and getting people to read all those AAR's for judging purposes is no easy task.

Cheers

H

Hi GaJ,

Cheers

H