Everyone gather round...Steve needs a hug

Originally posted by David Chapuis:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Aside from the fact that hotties at work now tell me how thin I look, have you ever had the misfortune of falling in love on the first date? I can't think of anything worse - any sap who lives through that has my respect.

The book she loaned me shall hang around my neck like a dead albatross til the pages fall from the cover and the leaves turn to ashes.

Woe is me.

That is because you arent married. That is an albatross so large it even dwarfs JasonC posts. [/QB]</font>

"I think that BFC has done a bang-up job so far."

Its like trying to remember what the world was like before internet and celphones. Think back just a few years and recall what the world was like WITHOUT a proper 3-D tactical combat sim with every tank imaginable in it... covering practically ALL of WWII from Casablanca to the Caucases, from Stalingrad to Somalia.

...well, maybe just down to Ethiopia.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

The grass is always less green on your side of the fence... :mad:

The truth is, I am one of those saps that has been married for over 10 years with 4 kids and another one in the oven - and I am more crazy about my wife then when we first met. However, marriage can really be incredibly difficult. I remember a couple of months after I got married, I walked into a bookstore and suddenly realized why there was an entire section dedicated to marriage.

When my goal of boring the forum to death is realized, I'll ensure that you are among the last to die.

I'm afraid somebody else has been much more effective for the last couple of months of boring the forum to death. I dont think you - even though yours is the superior intellect - stand a chance to top him. You will be better off going back to normal Dorosh. And to help you with that, explain this, because I still dont see the comic brilliance.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

And weren't most of the patrons only there for five or ten minutes before leaving, or simply asking questions about how to take a picture of their car?

My God, did NO ONE see the comic brilliance of this line? I may take a screenshot just to preserve this moment forever... :mad: </font>

Most of the posters in the early days started out by saying "how do I take a screenshot?"

In fact, my own very first post 17,156 ago was exactly that. "How do I take a screenshot?"

So to use Steve's analogy of this forum as a coffee house where patrons come to listen to the car designer develop his next car, I suggested that many of the coffee shop patrons really only wanted to know how to take pictures of their car....

Only a geek, and a Canadian geek at that, would consider that there is the slightest smidgen of comedy—let alone "comic brilliance"—in that. It was poor, pathetic, lame and—not to put too fine a point on it—contemptible. In other words, more or less just what one would expect. In fact, you are as predictable as the sunrise. Thank you for adding stability to an uncertain world.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Only a geek, and a Canadian geek at that, would consider that there is the slightest smidgen of comedy—let alone "comic brilliance"—in that. It was poor, pathetic, lame and—not to put too fine a point on it—contemptible. In other words, more or less just what one would expect. In fact, you are as predictable as the sunrise. Thank you for adding stability to an uncertain world.

Michael

0 for 3 and climbing... ;)

As if all there is to CM is waiting for the next iteration!

The last six months have been the greatest CM experience I have ever had. It's about playing the game, and who you play against. Guess what, I haven't played all the scenarios, or levels yet. Where is the last one?

When looking at the volume of messages on this board I sometimes wonder what the focus of this group is, talking?

Nothing I've seen out there comes even close to CM when it comes to the gaming experience. It's all just dressed up Unreal Tournament! Or even worse, a hex and counter game. When I watch the Band of Brothers game movie clips with infantry fighting at ten paces and blood gouting from shoulder wounds I realize that what we have here is FPS tournament designers that have decided to put on fatigues.

I have given Steve some of my thoughts on what CM2 might have that would be cool, as have others. Now it's time to let the cooks do their magic.

My bet is this, it will knock your socks off. And I'm ready for it, when it comes.

Originally posted by willbell:

When looking at the volume of messages on this board I sometimes wonder what the focus of this group is, talking?

Existence.

*sniff* do yer not feel despair hatching out into small clumps of gathered consciousness?

Now, that is not to say that Dorosh is in any way a despairing, gathered clump of consciousness or that Seany-babe has a discrete horn tucked under his pointy hat (indicating an unusual variation on the unicorn).

[swings a tail to remember something very important]

No.

[... and again]

The point is we "is" before anything else. Quite simple really when one has four legs and an immeasurable length of time to focus on one's immediate surroundings. Which isn't much. Not a lot at all. And rather restricting. Hum-de-hum... is it Spring time yet?

Michael

Not only did I "get it" the first time around, I thought it was funny too.

But then, I like New Red Green, Monty Python, Mr. Bean...

(not a Canadian)