Everyone gather round...Steve needs a hug

After weeks of moderating these 'what will CMx2 be' threads I think we should give the man a lil bit of love.

Maybe it's just the fanboy in me, or the copious amounts of fermented beverages, but I think that BFC has done a bang-up job so far. I can't wait to see what other goodies these lads will give us. The most recent releases have shown some real promise and I can only imagine what the new CM will be like.

Thanks for all that you have offered us so far and I await the Gold version of CMx2.

[ March 09, 2005, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: mike_the_wino ]

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

snipped bitchy little diatribe

All, this one needs some special attention.....YOU WORTHLESS, UNGRATEFUL MAGGOT. YOU AREN'T FIT TO LICK STEVE'S JOCKSTRAP MUCH LESS CRY LIKE A LIL BITCH ABOUT YOUR 'SPECIAL NEEDS'. IF YOU CAN'T COME UP WITH A POSITIVE ATTITUDE WHY DON'T YOU GET BACK TO BAKING COOKIES FOR YOUR SPECIAL OLYMPIC TEAM MATES, JERKING OFF TO OLD MEN'S SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMING VIDEOS, OR TAKE YOUR TOY POODLE FOR A WALK... :mad: :mad: :mad:

In any case, less snivelling, more grovelling.

And no more playing with Seanachai, one horrible, twisted, bitter Gnome is enough for this forum. :mad:

Sunny and 60 in NoCal, think I will go shoot some hoops.

Well...

Around here....

..... sometimes that seems like a heck of a lot to ask.

Within any "community" of 16000 folks you are sure to find a least few immature noise makers, miscreants, delinquents, reprobates and/or complainers I guess.

BUT within a community this large, of wargame/military simulation aficionados there just somehow seems to be a higher and louder rate of whining!

:(

-tom w

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

No group hug necessary smile.gif I just hope that the next time I give a sraight answer to a simple question, and that answer isn't immediately understood or popular, that people will keep in mind that the sky is not falling and instead engage in constructive, meaningful discussion. Much better for everybody that way :D

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

No group hug necessary smile.gif I just hope that the next time I give a sraight answer to a simple question, and that answer isn't immediately understood or popular, that people will keep in mind that the sky is not falling and instead engage in constructive, meaningful discussion. Much better for everybody that way :D

Steve

<font size=34>WTF??</font>

Tank roadwheels in the 3D world will be counterrotating due to so-called "coding issues"???? :mad: :mad: Like some kind of wagon wheel in a silent movie?

AND I LOOK FAT IN THESE PANTS?!?!?!?!?

I'm never playing CM again!!!!!

Love,

The CMX2 Boycott Brigade

Originally posted by Lars:

Not just those pants.

You look fat in shorts too.

Heh, not according to the cuties at work; I actually just lost 20 pounds (about 13% of my total body weight I think) and keep getting comments on how good I look. Heartily recommended to all you problem eaters out there. All my pants are hanging off of me and my belts are too big. Went from a 36 waist to a 32.

But I still wouldn't be averse to hugging Steve, if it gets him to stop scrapping with people and get back to work.

But I still wouldn't be averse to hugging Steve, if it gets him to stop scrapping with people and get back to work.

Damn, now I have to agree with you again.

That's twice in one day. Think I'll log off for awhile.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

I should move to Missouri...

Winter starting to get you down? A little touch of SADS perhaps? Been wondering if it's really worth going on?

:D

Michael </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Not just those pants.

Heh, not according to the cuties at work; I actually just lost 20 pounds (about 13% of my total body weight I think) and keep getting comments on how good I look. Heartily recommended to all you problem eaters out there. All my pants are hanging off of me and my belts are too big. Went from a 36 waist to a 32.</font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

Not just those pants.

Heh, not according to the cuties at work; I actually just lost 20 pounds (about 13% of my total body weight I think) and keep getting comments on how good I look. Heartily recommended to all you problem eaters out there. All my pants are hanging off of me and my belts are too big. Went from a 36 waist to a 32.</font>

I move that we immediately start a "Mike Thread" where only guys named Mike can post in it to celebrate each other's failures.

[/QB]

Dont forget to give Tom access so he can give a recap.

Dorosh, you seem to have slowed down on your average of 18 posts a day. Have you become a workout grog? Do you know how many nanograms you gain with each granual of sugar you consume? Have you considered adding daily keystrokes to your routine?

Originally posted by David Chapuis:

I move that we immediately start a "Mike Thread" where only guys named Mike can post in it to celebrate each other's failures.

Dont forget to give Tom access so he can give a recap.

Dorosh, you seem to have slowed down on your average of 18 posts a day. Have you become a workout grog? Do you know how many nanograms you gain with each granual of sugar you consume? Have you considered adding daily keystrokes to your routine? [/QB]</font>

Now that JasonC is back, you can go back to mocking HIM tyvm... post counts are insignifcant in comparison to the Forc...err...the number of paras produced.

Not mocking - just trying to get a lively response. You've been boring lately, not your somewhat spiteful but highly amusing self.

Originally posted by David Chapuis:

Now that JasonC is back, you can go back to mocking HIM tyvm... post counts are insignifcant in comparison to the Forc...err...the number of paras produced.

Not mocking - just trying to get a lively response. You've been boring lately, not your somewhat spiteful but highly amusing self. </font>

Perhaps Seanachai and I need to lock horns once more in a struggle for domination of the soul of the forum...

Oh, please! You couldn't win a battle for the domination of the soul of the Forum if you offered to use your tongue in a way that comes under two different categories of 'extra charge' on a brothel menu.

What do you have to offer besides the willingness to discuss the issues, a certain (overrated) amount of groggish knowledge, and a huge amount of attitude?

Whereas what I offer is: Nothing except a huge amount of attitude.

However, you're Canadian, so I still win. Even your 'attitude' is definitely 'second string nation' stuff.

Now, I have never ventured to directly address our Steve before, but I know that...

Oh, who am I kidding?! Steve and I are like this! (makes a gesture with crossed fingers that indicates a deeply, deeply sincere relationship of 'buddyhood')

Nearly every week I send Steve emails about the way the game should evolve, and I routinely receive chummy 'restraining orders' (Steve, by the by, I did not care for your lawyer's tone in that last missive at all).

Could two people be more close, and not in the same family?

So let me be the first to give our Steve a great, big, 'Forum Hug'.

Oh, and Steve? If PBEM goes the way of being unplayable on a dial-up connection, I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN WITH AN AXE AND KILL YOU LIKE A FINN!

Love to the wife and little ones, and, seriously, stop threatening legal action. How likely am I to ever actually find Maine? I'll be lucky to find Illinois next week, and all I have to do then is drive East until I hit too much water to drive through, and then follow the coast until I get to Berli's place.

I imagine Maine would take far more work.

[ March 08, 2005, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Seanachai ]

Oh, and Mike the Wino, I couldn't help note that in your usual rush to 'post more drunk than every', the title of this thread is 'Every Gather Round'.

Perhaps, besides the State's efforts to monitor your movements, you should employ a personal assistant to check your work?

Aside from the fact that hotties at work now tell me how thin I look, have you ever had the misfortune of falling in love on the first date? I can't think of anything worse - any sap who lives through that has my respect.

The book she loaned me shall hang around my neck like a dead albatross til the pages fall from the cover and the leaves turn to ashes.

Woe is me.

[/QB]

That is because you arent married. That is an albatross so large it even dwarfs JasonC posts.

Just the old regulars, waiting for something meaningful to happen. Nowhere else to go. Loyal to the end. Waiting to see who else is left. Not much game development that anyone can detect.

Just taken on faith that it's happening. Probably. Maybe.

Quiet town this. The odd tank rumbles by, out of ammo.

Dorosh at the gas pump. Emerys checks the tyres - heck, they're metal.

Seanachai vomits in the gutter, imagining a group hug when all he is experiencing is a lack of oxygen.

A tumbleweed rolls by and doesn't bother to stop.

The ghost town called CM keeps on pretending that there's something happening...