Question

After consulting many cups of tea leaves, and meditating on my navel, I have arrived at the astounding insight that we may be seeing something by the end of this year. Not a complete game ready for purchase, but maybe a few screenshots and a discription of some features. That's assuming Charles doesn't get into a car wreck (knock on wood!) or conceive of a sudden irresistable urge to go off to join a monastery and study the saxophone (knock woodwinds).

Remember, you read it here first.

Michael

That's assuming Charles doesn't get into a car wreck (knock on wood!) or conceive of a sudden irresistable urge to go off to join a monastery and study the saxophone (knock woodwinds).
How exactly does a brain in a jar with a firewire connection to 2 G5 boxes operate a motor vehicle, join a monastary or play an insturment?

WWB

Originally posted by WWB:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />That's assuming Charles doesn't get into a car wreck (knock on wood!) or conceive of a sudden irresistable urge to go off to join a monastery and study the saxophone (knock woodwinds).

How exactly does a brain in a jar with a firewire connection to 2 G5 boxes operate a motor vehicle, join a monastary or play an insturment?

WWB </font>

Thank you for the timely responses. I have been playing the CMAK demo and noticed some limitations.

Poorly depicted graphics for soldiers, such as no hands!

It seems the game is about 3 to 5 years behind in it's graphics !! Why is that ?

I do feel the AI calculation for fire fights is quite accurate, no gripes in that area smile.gif

Has any mention been made about addressing these concerns in the next edition ? Oh and what time period and location will be done in the next version, thanks.

The typical CM customer tends to be older, and thus does not upgrade his computer as often as the younger gamers, who are always in search of ever more powerful rigs. Because of this, CM was designed at the outset to work on the mid-ranged systems of the time. The engine has been improved with every new game, but nowhere near enough in order to compete with the graphics in some of the newer games.

But then again, that was never BTS's business strategy.

In my opinion, I would much rather enjoy trying to coordinate a battalion assault on a heavily fortified town than knowing I can count the fingers on each soldier's hand.

Originally posted by Lil Adolph:

Thank you for the timely responses. I have been playing the CMAK demo and noticed some limitations.

Poorly depicted graphics for soldiers, such as no hands!

There's a reason for that.

Keeps the Cesspool from posting obscene screenshots.

Originally posted by Denwad:

Nice feature for CMx2 would be individual soldiers modeled, smile.gif

Be careful what you wish for here. Right now we can play some serious monster scenarios and only have to move one unit to account for a platoon, rather than 12.

Even a company level scenario might be hell if we had to move all twelve soldiers individually.

Originally posted by Becket:

...only have to move one unit to account for a platoon...

Squad/section.

Even a company level scenario might be hell if we had to move all twelve soldiers individually.
He may not be talking about moving each soldier individually, but having 10-12 figures in each squad representation instead of three as at present.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

...only have to move one unit to account for a platoon...

Squad/section.

He may not be talking about moving each soldier individually, but having 10-12 figures in each squad representation instead of three as at present.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Denwad:

Nice feature for CMx2 would be individual soldiers modeled, smile.gif

Yeah, instead of further improved tactical realism, they should really waste their time to give us good animations of each single soldier of a squad; especially when they all are in a house during russian winter - i want to see their handsigns how great i, the commander, am. :rolleyes: