Are any modders working on a Sealion total conversion?

Originally posted by Holien:

If some modders did do as he suggests it would of course mean that I would have no excuse but to do some scenarios which I have been talking about....

So please delay any work for another year or so...

;)

H

Hi Holien

One scenario set in England after Sealion is on its way, Small Battles, Englishmen at War, 1940 is in production and should be out in 5-7 days. Set in Sussex it's a small German Mechanized probe against a defense of pillboxes and Home Guard. A test to see how the concepts 'works'.

Do you known if any of the German units had been earmarked for the invasion?

Hans

Hans...

I think the planning had reached a stage where units were being worked out.

I used to have a board game called Operation Sealion and no longer have it.

I think I shall search on E-bay for it.

The guys who did the game did quite a bit of research and that might have some answers in it if I can find it.

You seem to be hitting all the spots I wanted to get to with battles....

Saves me the hard work.

I will get and play them when I get back from Calais. I am driving over there on Weds night.

As for Jolly Old England....

We are very much a breed apart from Europeans....

Just look at our sodding football hooligans...

:(

While in France this last week we had the good fortune of watching the second England game in a bar in Brittany where we were the only two Brits.

All very pleasent and friendly.....

Pity we did not stay and watch the French game as that was a real humdinger...

H

Originally posted by Holien:

Hans...

I think the planning had reached a stage where units were being worked out.

I used to have a board game called Operation Sealion and no longer have it.

I think I shall search on E-bay for it.

The guys who did the game did quite a bit of research and that might have some answers in it if I can find it.

Hans: If you find out anything I'd appreciate a heads up, I'll do a search later myself. I've about completed my ad hoc survey of historic and probable battle areas not covered by CM!

You seem to be hitting all the spots I wanted to get to with battles....

Hans: Hey sorry about that-but in about two weeks I'll shut down until August. The Sealion scenario will be a fictional one, unhistoric location, made up units etc, ie not a serious one at all. Example the British company in the battle is from the 2nd Battalion Royal Welsh Light Infantry-a unit I made up a few hours ago

Saves me the hard work.

I will get and play them when I get back from Calais. I am driving over there on Weds night.

As for Jolly Old England....

We are very much a breed apart from Europeans....

Just look at our sodding football hooligans...

:(

While in France this last week we had the good fortune of watching the second England game in a bar in Brittany where we were the only two Brits.

All very pleasent and friendly.....

Pity we did not stay and watch the French game as that was a real humdinger...

H

Originally posted by junk2drive:

did you try setting the month year to what you want, pick your forces, then change date to 44 or 45 italy, dirt? with a cmbo grass mod?

Not quite sure how that is going to help me with desert camo Cruisers, and Afrika-Korps palm decorated Panzers. Or indeed the desert uniforms (since I need 1941 formations, and not 1943 formations).

thats what i mean, if you pick a unit available in both theatres, when you change date/location you will get the north italy version. if you pick heer 41, when displayed on screen say jan 45, they will have late war uniforms. but they should keep their 41 weapons and formations. a little tougher with armor. thats what mods are for. i have green armor and unis on my ew brits for c.b.i. and cmbb greys on my lw heer for nw europe.

You may be interested in reading:

The Hitler Options, Alternate decisions of World War II has a chapter on Sea-lion, or Invasion, The German Invasion of England, July 1940. By Kenneth Macksey ISBN 1-85367-065-0

German forces mentioned are:

6th Mountain diversion

9th Panzer division

22nd Airlanding Division

19th Parachute Regiment

20th Parachute Regiment

7th air division

17th Infantry division

7th Infantry division

7th Panzer division

9th Panzer division

35th Infantry division

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Romulus:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Holien:

look too much like Europe rather than Jolloy old England?

I thought that England is in Europe :confused: </font>

Also on the difference between England and Europe (tongue firmly in cheek) as our dear football fans keep reminding everyone, "if it wasn't for us you would all be German!!"

;)

Good info on the units. I did a search for that SPI game and could find none for sale. It was called SEELOWE if I have typed correctly.

If anyone has a copy and wants to sell it let me know...

smile.gif

H

Holien, I think I still have a copy of SPI's Seelowe in the attic. Not sure I want to sell, but more than happy to loan it out if it'll help you guys get a Sealion total conversion going. Email me (peter.hockley1@virgin.net) if interested.

Also, as this is first post, hello to all you other CM addicts out there. I've been watching the forum for 6 months and very impressed by the huge amount of knowledge and info shared - time to join in, methinks! Don't expect too much, not in it for the postings numbers!

Originally posted by gautrek:

Also we have pounds as money while Eruopeans use the Euro.Which from what i have seen isn't worth anything .

Moreover you drive on the left while we drive on the right. As for Euro, I don't know what you're referring to but I really enjoy going around Europe with no need to exchange money. Which from what I've experienced is worth it.