Grounds for Divorce?

Tifosi

Originally posted by Tifosi:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sequoia:

...Get your wife The Sims...

Already done, but one PC between two people doesn´t go! Maybe I should get her a playstation 2 or something. You can get the sims for that now I think... :confused: </font>

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by YK2:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by GJK:

And send me an email to let me know when you're having the ASL party, I'm so there!

*Packs her bags yet again*

MD's Mannequin is back in first place ... At least he's consistant... ;):D

As for Richie , I'm so mailing your wifey that post... :mad: tongue.gif </font>

My wife hates this game and my hobby of wargaming. I told her she is going to have to live with it because I love wargaming and CM!!! I have a son on the way and I am ready to put him in the hobby too!!! I know the wife will love that!!! :D

Maybe she will like The Sims 2??

BigMik1

Originally posted by BigMik1:

BigMik1

Oh trust me, after reading Richies post and the bathroom one, she will LOVE The Sims 2... :D

Let's face it, while her partner/husband is drooling over weathered tanks and trying to figure out which grass mod the last guy was using, she will be happily building her own MAN from scratch..

She can have him do EVERYTHING she asks,control all his aspirations, wants and fears, and never hear a "but honey, I'm tired tonight, can we leave it till morning" or, "I'll be right with you when I get through this new scenario from Rune, it's a killer" ;)

Yeah, she can customize him to suit, even give him some designer stubble if she wanted, she can chose his nose size, eye colour, hairline, fitness, infact she can fine tune her man right down to chosing his underwear... :cool: dress him in jeans and t, or in a nice smart suit with collar and tie, she could have him stay home and cook, clean, look after the kiddies, while she flirts with the guys at the office and down the pub...then come home to a lovely hot bath and cooked meal..

BEST PART though.... To create a relationship, she just drags her character onto the character she wants to create a realtionship with, and when she gets fed up, she can do the same again and so lose the first guy.. :eek: :D

And if she gets REALLY annoyed or fed up, she can stop being nice to him and indulge in his fears instead, with any luck she'll push him to a nervous breakdown, job done, she'll be able to throw Sims 2 aside and grab the PC.... :cool:

Yeah, Sims 2..... She'll love it...

I'm reminded of that old Jackie Gleason line from the TV show "the Honeymooners". His wife would forbid him to do something or other and he'd start yelling "I'm the King of this castle...!"

For some reason, whenever I suggest using this line to my married friends they don't seem to think its a particularly good idea, ;)

Originally posted by BigMik1:

...I have a son on the way and I am ready to put him in the hobby too!!! I know the wife will love that!!!... :D

BigMik1

Did you know you can buy PC mice that are half the usual size for the kiddies? Just a suggestion.... ;)

There are precedents for this kind of thing. Marcel Duchamp's wife glued his pieces in place after he spent their wedding night hunched over his chessboard instead of her. The product of the event can be seen on display in the Philadelphia Museum of Art.

And my ex-wife used to encourage the cats to eat my wargame pieces.

:D:D:D:D

I swear I'm crying with laughter. This has to be one of the best threads I've ever read.

I think Emrys first suggestion - the mojo all night or the CM addicton - remains my favourte... But then there was the house full of drunken ASLers... LMAO... *sniff giggle* Brilliant. Especially the little details like crushed cornchips. I'm in awe of your all.

BTW, my other half got in first. She dumped CM in the trash and hid the disk. Smart bugger!

(Still... I had BACKUPS!!!! lol)

tongue.gif

Originally posted by General Colt:

I'd say file now and save your ears and her voice.

The cheaper option, headphones, and CM turned up loud as much as you can tolerate.

That and the ringing in your ears afterwards drowns out the incessant nagging completely! :D

Mace

Talk about being on thin ice...as if I wasn´t hanging from a shaky nail already for wanting to CM on holiday, my two and a half year old son has just informed his mummy that "I wanna see Daddy´s tanks onna 'pooter"!

I swear I´m not making this up!

Frankly, I´m wondering just how many pieces I will be able to find after the PC gets turfed out a 24th story window :eek: