Hello to everyone!

I originally joined these forums years ago leading up to the release of CMBO... Better late than never to return albeit with a new name and no. :-P

I know that there has been precious little said about the upcoming CMx2 game, but I really do hope it stays in the WW2 theatre. And hearing that each individual soldier in a squad will be shown is great news also...

I did do a search on the subject but has anyone heard anything else with regards to the new CMx2 game???

Cheers!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Max Wünsche:

I did do a search on the subject but has anyone heard anything else with regards to the new CMx2 game???

You mean anything else other than the many CMx2 threads in this forum?

It's unlikely that there would be anything else other than the stuff written here by the Battlefront guys... why would they say something elsewhere and not here?

So - if you've searched well, then you've probably seen everything there is to see on that topic.

Yeah, yeah, welcome back, and I mean that welcome.

For the rest of it, bugger off. I mean, are we going to have to endure another thread on how 'CMX2 Should Represent the Cold War Conflict Between the Empire and the Rebels', with a fecking script by that lamest of all screenwriters, George Lucas?

Jesus. At what point in time will the Motel Fantasy Industry finally advance far enough to give Unfulfilled Wargamers that rush of pus to the brain that indicates that 'Wars That Never Happened' have finally been rushed to an orgasmic conclusion? And all for only $39.99 a night?

Howdy, Max!

CMX2 will be an almost idiotic depiction of a conflict that never happened, and for which there are no hard statistics, but for which a whole generation of complete fecking halfwits stand on guard to vow that however limp, lame, and stupid the depiction might be, that it twere better, in those times, to portray idiocy, than make a good game.

Oh, wait! That was in one of those stupid: I want the New Game to somehow mimic the shape my penis gets when I contemplate the fact that I demand that I could have, no matter what anyone says, put wood to Insert Whatever Current Lame Female Diva You Like.

Hang around for a few more minutes. Any number of current Board members will show up to tell you what 'the New Game' should be like. Hopefully, before they become too feverish, and start shouting, their Mom will show up to tell them that they need to come up out of the basement and pay for their 'double pepperoni with extra cheese'.

And ask them to rake the lawn tomorrow, now that Spring is here.

Haha! sorry bout that! I have seen in the other threads how there is this push for a Cold War CMx2... I agree that it would be a majorly bad idea to create anything other than a WW2 theatre game.

Cold War is not that interesting in this type of game IMHO.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Why welcome some guy who takes on the persona of someone responsible for the multiple murders of Allied prisoners of war? Wünsche was in the 12th SS in Normandy.

Pretty pretentious to list the Oakleaves to the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross in your sig, too, as if you had earned them yourself or something.

Sean I can understand your identification with the lunatic fringe, but I thought even you had standards.

Clap! Clap! Clap! well done Michael...

Know your history first! Both sides shot prisoners during the war, to think that a war will be fought to a set guideline of rules and regulations is blatant ignorance and stupidity...

But then again you ignorant one's are going to immediately brand anyone who bore the siegrunen of the SS as a war criminal who shot or ordered the shooting of POW's or civilians...

With a comment like that your heading into TOOL territory, and a pretty useless tool at that...

Oh! and with 17000+ posts....geeez get a life sunshine!

Originally posted by Max Wünsche:

Clap! Clap! Clap! well done Michael...

Know your history first! Both sides shot prisoners during the war, to think that a war will be fought to a set guideline of rules and regulations is blatant ignorance and stupidity...

But then again you ignorant one's are going to immediately brand anyone who bore the siegrunen of the SS as a war criminal who shot or ordered the shooting of POW's or civilians...

With a comment like that your heading into TOOL territory, and a pretty useless tool at that...

Oh! and with 17000+ posts....geeez get a life sunshine!

Hey there, Einsatzgruppe, long time, no see.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Why welcome some guy who takes on the persona of someone responsible for the multiple murders of Allied prisoners of war? Wünsche was in the 12th SS in Normandy.

Pretty pretentious to list the Oakleaves to the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross in your sig, too, as if you had earned them yourself or something.

Sean I can understand your identification with the lunatic fringe, but I thought even you had standards. </font>

http://www.canadiansoldiers.com/fatalities/normandy.htm

Wünsche commanded the Panzerregiment; as shown above, the atrocities were committed by just about every other combatant unit of the division - both PzGren Regts, the divisional recon battalion and the divisional engineers. Dear Max's namesake may be innocent, but was enlightening to see his response.

I suppose if he was really interested in the poor misunderstood officer he might have offered some decent information, or explain why he identifies personally with this oak-leaf bearer.

The scale of the crimes does suggest it was divisional policy to murder prisoners. Certainly Mohnke felt that way (the hero of Berlin, is you believe Der Untergang) and quite possibly independent of Meyer.

There was no proof that Meyer directly ordered any killings; it was felt that as the senior officer of the regiment, he was responsible.

I'm not so sure Wünsche is innocent by those standards, then, either, though guilt by association alone is not guilt.

IIRC some of the Canadian soldiers murdered by the 12th SS were killed near Ardennes Abbey which was the location of Kurt Meyer's regimental HQ and an observation post during the entire early Normandy fighting.

How Meyer could not have known that these killings were taking place so near his HQ is beyond me.

Guys guys!

We should'nt even argue (spelled right?) with this sub human, he was an SS commander!

A member of the nazi Vermacht!

A CRIMINAL OF WAR!

A FACIST!

A MURDURER!

Thanks, and may god w'ont have mercy on your soul

Then you should be thrilled to be in adequate company Oren, Max Wünsche was then just what you are now, you are only more insignificant and less pretty a knave.

Max Wünsche was never accused of, nor tried for, any warcrime. Kurt Meyer served nine years for the murders of Canadian and British POW's. It was irrelevant if he knew of these crimes or not, since the Tribunal applied the Principe responsibility, a Roman code unknown to international law but very familiar in both Anglo-Saxon and German law. Means in this case that a commander is responsible for his men - there is no other way to get at commanders, and not just perpetrators. Like fighting the Mafia, it's the same problem.

Meyers mild sentence and early pardon was due to a bad conscience. The trials were ill administered and there were loud protests, among others from people such as Lidell-Hart. But even if it wasn't an example of fair trial, the men listed were still murdered and members of the 25th were still the perpetrators. And Meyer was their commander.

Max Wünsche escaped these proceedings, since he had not committed crimes against Western humanity and Eastern European humanity does not really count it always seems, but he still remained a convinced Nazi until his dying breath in 1995. Having a Nazi as a hero is something I would myself not normally associate with Australians I must say. But it's a big world isn't it.

One point is particularly aggravating. What do you mean Panzertruppen? Max Wünsche volunteered for the HJ, then volunteered for the Waffen SS. He never wore army grey, and he never served in the Panzertruppen. He was SS, member of an organisation created to suppress internal unrest, and even if he did not murder enemy prisoners he still signed on to be a kinslayer, a party thug and a policeman in a totalitarian state.

Chop chop

Dandelion