Why on earth are sandgags treated as Terrain features?

Try as I might I cannot see the logic behind this.

As a defender I may get a mixture of wire, mines road-blocks, even pillboxes, to place as I please within my set-up zone. But not sandbags :confused:

Why not?

It even says in the (PDF)manual that sandbags were quicker to set up than trenches, but I can place my trenches but not sandbags.

I would suggest that in most battles, in most theatres, pillboxes, especially concrete ones, would be as rare as a hair on Madmatts head (other than static-line defence). And if anything should be a terrain feature, pillboxes should be.

But sandbag defences were hugely common in the western desert.

I'm really at a loss with this one, as all that it seems to do is provide one more feature that can't be present in a QB, as if there weren't enough already (unless they are randomly generated on the maps which would be ludicrous!)

Originally posted by Moon:

An engine limitation. It was either that - or no sandbags. Of course they can be present in QB's - when importing pre-made QB maps for example.

Martin

I thought that might be the case; I suppose any other reason would have been illogical.

I do like the idea of them "defining" the front line, though. Hadn't thought of that.

Every cloud has a silver lining, eh.

Well, duh you morons. :rolleyes: Which do you think is easier to carry when retreating to a new defense position in the desert: trenches or sandbags? Trenches are just holes in the ground, and holes weigh nothing so you can carry as many as you want, but sandbags are heavy. And when you're fighting in Sahara, I think you're more interested in carrying water with you than sandbags.

I don't know what would happen to this forum without my brain. BFC should be paying me, really.

Originally posted by Sergei:

Well, duh you morons. :rolleyes: Which do you think is easier to carry when retreating to a new defense position in the desert: trenches or sandbags? Trenches are just holes in the ground, and holes weigh nothing so you can carry as many as you want, but sandbags are heavy. And when you're fighting in Sahara, I think you're more interested in carrying water with you than sandbags.

Well, duh, you idiot. If you want to move and don't already have a ton of empty bags in the company truck, you empty the sand out and carry the bags. :rolleyes: When you get to a new site, you refill the bags. Sand on the desert is about as rare as water on the ocean.

Besides, the sand bag graphic can also be thought of as representing sangers made of low walls of flat stones, which were also plentiful on the desert.

I don't know what would happen to this forum without my brain.
Brain? You mean that black jelly that oozes out of your ears onto the pillow when you sleep?

BFC should be paying me, really.
In your dreams, oh finned one, in your dreams.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Well, duh, you idiot. If you want to move and don't already have a ton of empty bags in the company truck, you empty the sand out and carry the bags. :rolleyes: When you get to a new site, you refill the bags. Sand on the desert is about as rare as water on the ocean.

So Michael, when you were a kid Finnish sense of humour wasn't a school subject in USA? tongue.gif