Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

The Peng Challenge Thread Goes to Australia and Gets Drunk!! Woohoo whats new?

Originally posted by Malakovski:

Well enough, well enough. Not much time for CM lately due to incredibly tedious things like making a living, but the living has been made (barely).

Don't let us detain you....don't you have discussions about sucession to attend to?

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

So yes, I've read Nietzsche. One of the few philosophers I actually enjoy reading

That I believe.

Have you tried Spengler? Not as "enjoyable," but I find the view broader.

So Seanachai, quote a few titles or fess up to an education based on Bartlett's and Cliff Notes...

Have you tried Spengler? Not as "enjoyable," but I find the view broader.

Yep, though it was some time ago. I minored in Philosophy, so I've read a bit of most of them, and have forgotten what most had to say. Nietzsche is one of the few that I continue to read off and on

Has anyone in here read Nietzsche, or are you guys getting your philosophy from Bartlett's again?

Well, I've read 'Thus Spake Zarathustra', 'Ecce Homo', 'The Use and Abuse of History' and 'On the Genealogy of Morals'. Also some other essays and excerpts from other works. Most of it was for Political Philosophy & Theory courses, so we had a more specific focus than, say, Berli might have had.

Nietzsche was one of the more interesting reads. The most painful was Thomas Aquinas. I'd rather perform a self-crucifixion rather than read Aquinas again.

Better yet, I wish I had a time machine so that I could go back in time and shove weasels up Aquinas' bum until he desisted from writing.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

The most painful was Thomas Aquinas. I'd rather perform a self-crucifixion rather than read Aquinas again.

Better yet, I wish I had a time machine so that I could go back in time and shove weasels up Aquinas' bum until he desisted from writing.

Odd... I kinda felt that way about Kant

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

NOT IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!

Shut up Boo. Shouldn't you be helping Seanachai feed the cat its milk? </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Malakovski:

Has anyone in here read Nietzsche, or are you guys getting your philosophy from Bartlett's again?

Well, I've read 'Thus Spake Zarathustra', 'Ecce Homo', 'The Use and Abuse of History' and 'On the Genealogy of Morals'. Also some other essays and excerpts from other works. Most of it was for Political Philosophy & Theory courses, so we had a more specific focus than, say, Berli might have had.

Nietzsche was one of the more interesting reads. The most painful was Thomas Aquinas. I'd rather perform a self-crucifixion rather than read Aquinas again.

Better yet, I wish I had a time machine so that I could go back in time and shove weasels up Aquinas' bum until he desisted from writing. </font>

Originally posted by Speedy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Better yet, I wish I had a time machine so that I could go back in time and shove weasels up Aquinas' bum until he desisted from writing. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Speedy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

DEAR GOD! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!

<big>I LOVE YOU, GRANDMA STEVE!!!</big> </font>