Real Life: It is Magnificent, But it is Not the Peng Challenge...

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YK2:

Just like dalem then?

Yep... nothing wrong with a little peace, love, dope smokin' after a hard day of burning, killing and mutilating </font>

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell In A Very Small Place?

So, Aces-n-8s, your a Jarhead zero, you should know where that name comes from... and you seem to be in the position of the French...

Dien Bien Phu...I am just waiting on the massive amounts of artillery to level...everything. Least ya could have done is given me some machineguns or 2 cm flaks to represent quad .50s. Is that what the tanks are for?

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Just like dalem then?

Yep... nothing wrong with a little peace, love, dope smokin' after a hard day of burning, killing and mutilating </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Just like dalem then?

I think I've discovered why Mace's wav files crackle and hiss.

I was down by Bondi Pier, drinkin' tubes of ice cold beer,

With a bucket full of prawns upon my knee,

When I swallowed the last prawn,

I had a technicolor yawn and I chundered in the old Pacific Sea.

Drink it up, drink it up, crack another dozen tubes and prawns with me,

If you want to throw your voice, mate you won't have any choice,

But to chunder in the Old Pacific Sea.

I was sittin in the surf, when a mate of mine called Murf,

Asks if he can crack a tube or two with me.

The bastard barely swallowed it,

When he went for the big split, and he chundered in the Old Pacific Sea.

I've had liquid laughs in cars, and I've hurled from moving cars,

And I've chuckled when and where it suited me.

But if I could choose the spot,

To regurgitate me lot, then I'd chunder in the Old Pacific Sea.

Doing to much prep...

Originally posted by Aces_and_8's:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Hell In A Very Small Place?

It may not be that easy to identify...it could refer to Boo_Radley's bedroom. </font>

News from the front:

Nidan1's stumpy legged freak battalion continues to dilly daly in front of my lines. We may all die of boredom before they ever actually make a concerted push. I'm requesting transport from STAVKA. Hopefully, they will fill my request... SOON!

Berli keeps brewing up my tanks at a prodigious rate, serves the little bastards right for not paying attention. Anyway, its all part of the master plan, he will run out of ammo eventually.

Stalin's Organ set off a partisan grenade in the middle of my defensive position. The bad news...they're everywhere. The good news... everywhere is in the middle of my reserves...hehe. Let the slaughter commence. I'm trying to decide whether running them down with my IIcs will be worth the effort...yeah, I think it will.

Blah Blah Blah..... And then I show up. And it was good. And there was much rejoicing at the return of the tiny tank.

Ok thats enough, on your feet, no more groveling today the queen won't like you pilloks drooling on the floor like that.

Anyway, I've been without internet for a few days, but as usual nothing important has happened in here.... other than CMAK being released. Well carry on with .... whatever you all do.

And Acey I'll be sending you that turn here in the next day, gotta get the rig set up right still.

Originally posted by Aces_and_8's:

Dien Bien Phu...I am just waiting on the massive amounts of artillery to level...everything. Least ya could have done is given me some machineguns or 2 cm flaks to represent quad .50s. Is that what the tanks are for?

Actually, the tanks are there because that's what the Germans had at Kurovitsy. That scenario is based on a real battle... that has some similarities to Dien Bien Phu. One notable difference... historically, the Germans won

Vigorously applying towel

You lot keep an eye on Boggs. Something's gotten into the bugger, and he seems to be trying to apply it broadly.

Shoveled 7" of snow this morning. My thoughts were on you all as I flung shovelful after shovelful of the nasty, cold, white stuff into the wind.

For I recognized much of you lot in that winter phenomenon. Like snowflakes, each of you are unique. And like snowflakes, you are all lightweight, inconsequential and easily shoved about.

But taken all together, you become heavy, sodden, and annoying, blanketing everything, and a shovel is often necessary to get through you.

You're a fine body of creatures. Even those sub-humans, the Australians.

Especially Mace. When I'm feeling despondent, I play his .wav files over and over, and, I don't know, it just seems to make things a bit better.