This Whole Peng Thread Is Wild At Heart And Challenged On Top

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

{snipped ... on account of how I can}

Dear me -- the HORROR!

Now, now MrSpkr no need to be so hard on yourself. Yes you're an Okie trying to pass as a Texan, yes you're an attorney and an unemployed one at that (through, it must be said, no fault of your own) but to call yourself a HORROR ... well, it's just not ON lad.

Leave that to those who do it best ... US.

Thanks, dalem. Now I need to go poke out my mind's eye.

Why am I getting a mental image of a shambling, stupid, ill clad and filthy Cyclops destined to LOSE to the quick wits and planning of superior beings?

Oh right ... we were talking about MrSpkr.

Joe

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had thought on giving it all up you know. Cashing in my chips, passing the buck, pulling over to the side and waving the others by, in short (although, to be honest, the preceding wasn't) to retire from the onerous and difficult job of Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread and let it pass to other, younger hands.

Perhaps, I thought, it is time for a change, time for fresh thoughts and methods in the Justicariate, time for ... someone else ... not that I could think of anyone, the last two choices having been disasters on a Gallipoli-like scale.

I went so far as to email the Olde Ones and formally present my resignation. It was declined ... rather rudely in fact with the notification that I couldn't resign and was Justicar for Life. They did not, however, specify WHOSE life. I considering asking that this bitter cup be allowed to pass me by ... but they, in their wisdom, answered:

"CUP? What cup? What are you drinking and why haven't you shared with us who have none ... or hardly any to speak of?"
For it is difficult you know, to be the one who MUST say NAY for the sake of the CessPool. Difficult to be the stern, watchful eyes of the Peng Challenge Thread, to be the roar of disapproval and the chiding reminder of things best done and traditions to be upheld. And, lately, difficult to BE the Justicar AND be forced to "check six" at the same time. Difficult to search every post for the hint of a dagger poised to strike at my breast. For those who would be presumed to aid me turned on me and attempted to TAKE that which was mine.

I had thought that perhaps I could be a guardian, an advisor, a respected and noble Justicar Emeritus whose wise words would be given due weight in the times of trouble.

But, like the Pope, the job is mine unto death and, like the late John Paul II, it is perhaps a good thing that you, my people, should SEE my suffering and learn from it.

So I SHALL BE the Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, doing the hard work, making the difficult decisions, carrying out the wishes of the Olde Ones without fear or favoritism ... unless there's a goober nation involved of course.

Joe

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Elvis:

There was also a surprise (to me) in the movie that came as a great relief after what I had seen and heard about it before I saw it.

Well...? Don't dawdle, man, dammit! Out with it! What was the surprise?

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

There was also a surprise (to me) in the movie that came as a great relief after what I had seen and heard about it before I saw it.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I went so far as to email the Olde Ones and formally present my resignation. It was declined ... rather rudely in fact

Rudely?! Why, we were the souls of compassion! </font>

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

unless there's a goober nation involved of course.

Good to know you still recognize the inherent unworthiness of Oddstraylyuns and Canuckians.

Steve </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I had thought on giving it all up you know...

I think I'll just turn down the volume here... it usually takes Ol' Foul Joe quite a while to get through the exposition.

...did not, however, specify WHOSE life. I considering asking that this bitter...

Judas Priest in a side car, doing wheelies! He's still droning on! Does he think his voice is sonorous or somefink? And we accuse Seanachai of being long winded. Unbelievable.

... late John Paul II, it is perhaps a good thing that you, my people, should SEE my suffering and learn...

SUM UP! SUM UP!!!

So I SHALL BE the Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, doing the hard work, making the difficult decisions, carrying out the wishes of the Olde Ones without fear or favoritism ... unless there's a goober nation involved of course.

Joe

Gahhhh... Finally! So, in other words, it's just business as usual, eh? You took up all that bandwidth just to say, "Nuffink to see here... move along." Tell you what. Next time, at least try to make it entertaining. Do it in Kabuki make up. Or use finger puppets... provided you can get them unjammed from your nose.

Originally posted by Moraine Sedai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Speaking of slipshod work I think I need to pay some special attention to Michael (for those who haven't been paying attention, that's Emyrs ... if it was Dorosh I'd have said Grog Dorosh). He seems out of sorts lately, taking Boo Radley to task for being trite for example ... HELLO ... ALERT THE MEDIA!

I think the lad's problem is that he's a mere Horseman of the Apocalypso and one of FOUR at that, Corpulence right?

The lad's just not feeling SPECIAL and that'll make anyone a grumpy old bear. SO ... I'm hereby appointing Michael as ... this is so exciting and a real honor for him ...

An OFFICIAL Member of The Entourage of the Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread. a.k.a The Justicariate Posse.

Easy lad, easy, I know you're trying to hold back the tears but just let them go. Nothing unmanly about that ... well, dabbing them with that lace hankie might ... nevermind.

Now to keep the tide of jealousy down I'd recommend that you decline the honor {wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, eh?} PRETEND that you DON'T want the honor and you can just HAPPEN to be hanging around when I make official visits and you just HAPPEN to be opening the door when I leave and you just HAPPEN to be holding my coat and tasting my food first ... from now on. No need to get the rest of the lads riled up because THEY weren't chosen.

F*ck off.

As God Emperor of the Known and Unknown Universe, I don't need to suck up to some minor civil servant...or maybe that should be uncivil servant. No matter. The point is, I only took on the Horseman job (and it's Famine, you dolt) as a lark and to help the other boys out.

Now if you are wanting to prostrate yourself humbly before me, you'll have to take a number and get in line. Oh, and do get a bath first, will you. I don't like to get my feet dirty when I trod upon you sixth rankers.

Michael