I beg Your Pardon, Madmatt Never Promised Us A Peng Challenge Garden

dalem

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Well! Er....good news all round, then??

Perhaps. We shall see. Tomorrow, my agent; she that styles herself 'Dori, Adjustor for Progressive Insurance', shall call me, and make known to me what shall be the fate of my car.

I grow old, and weary. Fetch me the Justicar. We must make provision for the future. I have spoken with Berli, that bastard. Are there barbarians at the gates?

Well, not good barbarians. Not 'high quality' barbarians. Not the sort of barbarians you'd take home to plunder the family homestead.

But barbarians exist. Mind you, they suck. But plans must be laid. Contingencies made.

Marshall we now the might of the Peng Challenge Thread.

All that said, who's for a Jolly Sing-Song?

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They ask me how I feel

And if my friendship is real

And how I know I'll make it through.

And they, they look at me and frown,

They'd like to drive me from this town,

They don't want me around

'Cause I believe in you.

They show me to the door,

They say don't come back no more

'Cause I won't be like they'd like me to,

And I walk out on my own

A thousand miles from home

But I don't feel alone

'Cause I believe in you.

I believe in you even through the tears and the laughter,

I believe in you even though we be apart.

I believe in you even on the morning after.

Oh, when the dawn is nearing

Oh, when the night is disappearing

Oh, this feeling is still here in my heart.

Don't let me drift too far,

Keep me where you are

Where I will always be renewed.

And that which you've given me today

Is worth more than I could pay

And no matter what they say

I believe in you.

I believe in you when winter turn to summer,

I believe in you when white turn to black,

I believe in you even though I be outnumbered.

Oh, though the earth may shake me

Oh, though my friends forsake me

Oh, even that couldn't make me go back.

Don't let me change my heart,

Keep me set apart

From all the plans they do pursue.

And I, I don't mind the pain

Don't mind the driving rain

I know I will sustain

'Cause I believe in you.

The little cares that fretted me

I lost them yesterday

Among the fields, above the sea,

Among the winds at play,

Among the lowing of the herds,

The rustling of the trees,

Among the singing of the birds,

The humming of the bees.

The foolish fears of what might happen,

I cast them all away,

Among the clover-scented grass,

Among the new-mown hay,

Among the husking of the corn,

Where drowsy poppies nod,

Where ill thoughts die and good are born--

Out in the fields with God.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I grow old, and weary. Fetch me the Justicar. We must make provision for the future. I have spoken with Berli, that bastard. Are there barbarians at the gates?

vercingetorix.jpg

This photo, just received in our newsroom, shows the situation in the hinterlands of Minnesota, as the barbarians negotiate with our loyal Minnesotan mercenaries. The situation seems dire indeed.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lorak:

... and Sir Purr, What do you think about the Eagles?

"mmm.... taste like chicken."

Lorak

Between the endless Air Sim remarks and now...American football remarks, you're dangerously close to being stripped of all Heraldic status.

But we forgive you, because you mocked the insufferable Eagles, and thereby brought pain to Hiram. </font>

Well, not good barbarians. Not 'high quality' barbarians. Not the sort of barbarians you'd take home to plunder the family homestead.

But barbarians exist. Mind you, they suck. But plans must be laid. Contingencies made.

All that said, who's for a Jolly Sing-Song?

Barbarians? Jolly Sing-song?

Lovely spam, wonderful spa-a-m,

Lovely spam, wonderful Spam,

Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am,

Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am,

SPA-A-A-A-A-A-A-AM,

SPA-A-A-A-A-A-A-AM,

LOVELY SPAM, LOVELY SPAM,

LOVELY SPAM, LOVELY SPAM,

LOVELY SPA-A-A-A-AM...

SPA-AM, SPA-AM, SPA-AM, SPA-A-A-AM!

Quick, somebody send me MrSpkr's new e-mail addy...

SSN Hint Of The Day: Shake up the club soda before opening it.

Now sod off.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Well! Er....good news all round, then??

Perhaps. We shall see. Tomorrow, my agent; she that styles herself 'Dori, Adjustor for Progressive Insurance', shall call me, and make known to me what shall be the fate of my car.

All that said, who's for a Jolly Sing-Song? </font>

Originally posted by YK2:

Lady Persephone I can't send outgoing mail at the moment... My apologies for dropping from chat so suddenly, but I had to do something that just wouldn't wait any longer..

If you are still around I am on Aim and ICQ now... (smile)

Ah, the life of a Queen , all leisure time and fun.

... Tomorrow, my agent; she that styles herself 'Dori, Adjustor for Progressive Insurance', shall...

Hey! I've seen those ads for Progressive Insurance on bus stops around the city. Well, the parts of the city I wouldn't ever want to tarry in, anyway. More like when I'm flooring it trying like hell to get out of a neighborhood, I'll occassionally notice the Progressive slogan on a bus bench.

Or at least I think do. Aren't they the ones that claim they can insure the uninsurable, no matter what the cost to you?

Papa

PS

You git, where's my setup?

Originally posted by Nestor:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

Ah, the life of a Queen , all leisure time and fun.

It's so refreshing to find an older gentleman getting in touch with his feminine side. You go girl! </font>

{snipped}

We only live once you know..

Unless of course your name is Gaylord...

My Queen ... that's, that's SIG line material. Would that I could use it but my duty as Justicar requires that my sig line serve as a reminder to miscreants ... mister creants too probably.

Joe

Ohhhhhhhhh Nestor ...

Where did you spring from?

I have just this minute returned from a secret mission your Queenliness, for the Evil one himself. It’s obviously extremely hush-hush and I shouldn’t really be talking about it, but since it’s just us here I don’t really see the harm.

Well, how best to put this…………….suffice to say that for some time there has been concern about the ……errrr……potency of the ……well not to put to fine a point on it, the Evil One’s fires, as it were. More ‘pooooff’ than ‘phwoarrr’ if you catch my drift. Many therapies, for want of a better word, have been explored in an effort to stir the embers back to life (dear Nidan’s drag act being the latest), but all to no avail.

I’m hopeful though that the……….ummm……’fuel’ which I have returned with today (scraped at some personal risk to myself off the pointy front end of a certain well known African mammal I might add) will see the Evil fires back in full working order very shortly.

Anyway, so much for euphemism. It’s nice to be back in a sordid and desparate kind of way. How’s everybody doing?

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YK2:

{snipped}

We only live once you know..

Unless of course your name is Gaylord...

My Queen ... that's, that's SIG line material. Would that I could use it but my duty as Justicar requires that my sig line serve as a reminder to miscreants ... mister creants too probably.

Joe </font>

Originally posted by Papa Khann:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

... Tomorrow, my agent; she that styles herself 'Dori, Adjustor for Progressive Insurance', shall...

Hey! I've seen those ads for Progressive Insurance on bus stops around the city. Well, the parts of the city I wouldn't ever want to tarry in, anyway. More like when I'm flooring it trying like hell to get out of a neighborhood, I'll occassionally notice the Progressive slogan on a bus bench.

Or at least I think do. Aren't they the ones that claim they can insure the uninsurable, no matter what the cost to you?

Papa

PS

You git, where's my setup? </font>

Originally posted by Nestor:

I have just this minute returned from a secret mission your Queenliness, for the Evil one himself. It’s obviously extremely hush-hush

Ahhh a secret mission eh? And you obviously returned earlier today with the "Fuel"....

I noticed that the Evil One was on top form when I last spoke to him... And He roared through that waffle thread like a man possessed..

I suggest you keep that stuff in a safe place.. we don't want those maggots turning into pupae now do we...

Hmmmmmm then again..... where did you say you put that bottle?

Ahhh a secret mission eh? And you obviously returned earlier today with the "Fuel"....

Ah yes, the fuel (I san almost hear you say that)...

I noticed that the Evil One was on top form when I last spoke to him... And He roared through that waffle thread like a man possessed..

I suggest you keep that stuff in a safe place.. we don't want those maggots turning into pupae now do we...

Hmmmmmm then again..... where did you say you put that bottle?

What!? Some of those bastards remain! Let's RIDE!!!!!!! Muhahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by dalem:

Send me a turn you ponce! Work is exceptionally slow this day and I want to finish crushing you.

Oh dear. This is one of those rare moments when the tree is so replete with fruit that I hardly know where to begin picking first.

First, do I really need to remind you AGAIN that some of us need to get off the couch... excuse me.... that some of us need to get out of bed in order to do our work. And that furthermore, we need to actually leave our homes (or in your case, burrow) once in a while? Apparently I do.

Second, while I am able to post the occassional bit of tripe here during work hours, I have a wee sneaking suspicion that my client may frown upon me booting up the game on their PC...

Third, what sort of day on god's green earth does it have to be in order for you to proclaim that "Work is exceptionally slow this day"? Do I need to send paramedics your way to check your vitals? In order for you to move any slower while pretending to have a "real" job, the planet will have to stop rotating.

Fourth, you're a git.

Fifth, you are winning. This is not right. You should have tanks and they should be burning. Something is out of whack here. Perhaps Charles can whip up a patch or something to fix our game.

Sixth, you're a git.

Seventh, your animals still like me best.

Eighth, have I mentioned that you're a git yet?

Ninth... well ok there is no number nine. I am deficient in number nines right now, but rest assured that when next we meet, I'll have a number nine for you.

Git.

Papa