Pics of French Coastline

Just found this cool site. Click on any region that is highlighted in Blue (basically any region that has a coastline). After it zooms in pass the cursor over each red dot to see the location, and how many photos each one has. Now click on a dot and see the great photos.

Edit: seems the image link doesn't work, but here is the main link:

France coastline

Kingfish,

Those 1:25000 Ardennes maps are identical style (Deutsche werke 1937) to the ones I photcopied from the UC Berkeley Map room about 20 years ago and used for my "Rollbahn A", "HSG B Fighting Withdrawal", and "HSG B Twin Villages Maps". They are truly outstanding pieces of Topographic Mapping. I think I used the Elsenborn and Losheim Quads, just south of Monschau and Schleiden.

Originally posted by Bogdan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kingfish:

...He and I are happily bombing each other to hell in Noyers-Bocage.

Now, if I could just get a 1:25000 map of that area.... ;)

Oh oh... ...I may have a modern 1:25000 topo map of Noyers-Bocage... ...does it helps ? :confused: ;) </font>

Originally posted by Sargento Garcia:

Eh Michael, what do you thing the difference of the land colours meant?

Dark is the green of the grass and the more clear is the shelled area...

That doesn't mean anything. Pointe-du-Hoc was bombed from the air prior to the invasion. That pic could have been taken a week before, or a month after D-Day

• 2 weeks later...