If I already own CMBB, is CMAK worth the additional purchase?

I really like CMBB but I am a tank battle fanatic. Is CMAK that much improved over CMBB or should I just stick with what I have?

Putting the different units, territories, and terrain aside does CMAK represent a moderate improvement in gameplay and graphics (i.e. Is it as much a leap forward as CMBB was to CMBO?).

I guess at this point I'm not completely sold on the different terrain and units enough to warrant a purchase if everything else has remained basically the same. However, I like CMBB so much that any noted improvements in the core game might sway me to order CMAK. :D

Can anyone give me some advice or a little nudge?

Putting the different units, territories, and terrain aside does CMAK represent a moderate improvement in gameplay and graphics (i.e. Is it as much a leap forward as CMBB was to CMBO?).

No. I couldn't go back to CMBO after playing CMBB, but I have no problem with CMAK and CMBB.

The different units do have a marked effect on gameplay though. Facing off against Soviets with their oh-so-slow arty compared to the lightening-fast Allied guns in CMAK.

When I bought CMAK, my interest in CMBB was nowhere near ending. Since then I have played CMAK only very little. It's not a bad game, but after CMBB it feels more like a picnic and I'm not happy with buying software that doesn't get any use.

CMBB and CMAK are very much sister games. That's why BFC is selling CMAK somewhat cheaper than CMBB. There were no pretentions about CMAK being something totally new.

I think CMAK is somewhat more playable due mostly to the increased armor turn rate (makes a BIG difference with Elefants!) and the lack of that Russian early-war command hit. This board has seen a fair number of players who refused to buy CMBB but jumped at the chance to buy CMAK, and players who seemed in horror of playing "endless flat deserts" as they wrongly imagined the CMAK to be.

Basically, for a measley $35 bucks CMAK lets a CM player have fun with with Grants and Crusaders instead of KVs and T34s. What else were you planning to spend your money on?

i imagine if you mainly play the Germans you may not notice as much difference. but i mainly play Allies and the difference is remarkable. i was reticent about getting CMAK but i was really starting to feel short changed playing Soviets in CMBB. playing the British is fun fun fun:

the Shermans can actually hit something, the Wolverines are good, the 25 pounder arty is brilliant and the best bit - the 6 pounder AT gun goes straight through the front of a StuG and when bought with a British lorried battalion you get 6 for 42 points each.

I posted it a few times but I like CMAK a lot better than CMBB.

All these super-slow parameters have been corrected, starting from the crazy vehicle turn times to bog rates which were apparently reduced (not measured). No extra delay for Russians before 1944. No super slow artillery. Some people say infantry is more movable under pressure, not sure and don't intend to test anymore.

CMAK models much more symmetric combat which makes for more realistic games, IMHO, wargames are not very good at modeling the differences in asymmetric warfare.