You gotta laugh...

I've started an OP and have been trying to take out an Mg Pillbox from the rear using x2bazooka teams, but to no avail although I'm showing hits.

I then decide to move a couple of infantry squads within 10m and hope for the best, but I'm still only getting hits and the Pillbox still stands - aaahhh!

And then through chance, while moving around some of my units, my plt HQ is also withn 10m of the Pillbox and lobs a grenade and guess what, he only goes and knocks it out with his first grenade - jammy bugger or what?

How are Pillboxes handled within the game exactly and do they have a clock cycle similar to vehicles?

i just had two squads, one 15m one 25m, with grenades and rpgs, attack the back door to no avail for three turns. a zook shows up and uses all 8 rounds but finally gets a knockout.

this is after a 155 barrage. of course the guys with the satchels are pinned by the same pillbox.

i hate em.

Pillboxes show (at least in CMBO) an interesting behaviour:

When Flags are positioned near (or in front of) them, and these VL get occupied by the enemy, the crew leaves the bunker. They abandon the bunker also when all mg-ammunition is gone.

The 'clock' is how long it takes YOUR troops to figure out that a vehicle is KO'd, not necessarily how long it take the crew to bail. It represents the difficulty in knowing a vehicle is out of the fight w/o a giveaway like catastrophic ammunition fires, etc. Picking live tanks apart from dead ones is tough if they haven't had something like a fire or other obvious effect.

This is the reason your gunners put 2-5 extra shots into vehicles that are actually already "Knocked Out." As mentioned, playing in hot seat mode will show you the difference between what your gunners and troops tell you, and what the other player sees! ;)

Originally posted by GreenAsJade:

What is a "death clock"?

I believe it is that little jewel looking thingy in the palm of your hand. When you turn 35, it will turn red. Then you must go to Carousell and 'Renew'. If you don't, the Sandmen will come looking for you...

Sorry, couldn't resist it (the beer, that is) :D