The new and improved Cheery Waffle Thread. Now with more raw sewage and evictions!

_Axe_

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew, the Colts pulled out a tough game in Houston. I was hoping for another blowout, but a win is a win. :D

Okay, anyone know what rat hole mike_the_wino has disappeared into since his trip to Spain? Kitty, you didn't accidentally get him with your flamethrower, did you? He's holding up all of my PBEM's with his little disappearing act. :mad:

Kitty, one suggestion for dealing with the ants. Smear a jar of Vegemite on the floor and let them eat up. All of the ants will either get an insatiable desire to move to Australia, or the nasty stuff may kill them. Either way, your ant problem is solved! :D:D:D

Whew, the Colts pulled out a tough game in Houston. I was hoping for another blowout, but a win is a win. :D

Okay, anyone know what rat hole mike_the_wino has disappeared into since his trip to Spain? Kitty, you didn't accidentally get him with your flamethrower, did you? He's holding up all of my PBEM's with his little disappearing act. :mad:

Kitty, one suggestion for dealing with the ants. Smear a jar of Vegemite on the floor and let them eat up. All of the ants will either get an insatiable desire to move to Australia, or the nasty stuff may kill them. Either way, your ant problem is solved! :D:D:D

Turns are out.

Wally please resend your turn my server ate it.

Dave whenever you are ready send a file. You know you can convert the offending Weener file by saving it in 1.01 then upgrade your cmak to 1.03. The weener will be forced to upgrade then. Alternatively, just have two copies of CMAK (1.01 and 1.03) on your 'puter. That is what I did.

Turns are out.

Wally please resend your turn my server ate it.

Dave whenever you are ready send a file. You know you can convert the offending Weener file by saving it in 1.01 then upgrade your cmak to 1.03. The weener will be forced to upgrade then. Alternatively, just have two copies of CMAK (1.01 and 1.03) on your 'puter. That is what I did.

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

My last turn wasn't an order move. That's why I didn't go on and convert it myself. I want to make sure m_t_w converts it, or sends it back to me in version 1.01 so I can do the conversion. On my antique computer, I don't think there is room for another copy of CMAK on the hard drive. I can have one version or the other, but not both.

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

My last turn wasn't an order move. That's why I didn't go on and convert it myself. I want to make sure m_t_w converts it, or sends it back to me in version 1.01 so I can do the conversion. On my antique computer, I don't think there is room for another copy of CMAK on the hard drive. I can have one version or the other, but not both.

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

My last turn wasn't an order move. That's why I didn't go on and convert it myself. I want to make sure m_t_w converts it, or sends it back to me in version 1.01 so I can do the conversion. On my antique computer, I don't think there is room for another copy of CMAK on the hard drive. I can have one version or the other, but not both. </font>

Originally posted by Dave H:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

My last turn wasn't an order move. That's why I didn't go on and convert it myself. I want to make sure m_t_w converts it, or sends it back to me in version 1.01 so I can do the conversion. On my antique computer, I don't think there is room for another copy of CMAK on the hard drive. I can have one version or the other, but not both. </font>

Originally posted by Axe2121:

I'm down to two games.

ARRRRRRRGH!

Yeh, stop surrendering then and get back here and fight! Or throw molten TNT or somefink!!!

You're a member of the British Commonwealth goddamit! We don't do what you did!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mace

Originally posted by Axe2121:

I'm down to two games.

ARRRRRRRGH!

Yeh, stop surrendering then and get back here and fight! Or throw molten TNT or somefink!!!

You're a member of the British Commonwealth goddamit! We don't do what you did!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mace

Originally posted by Soddball:

I forked out for Rome: Total War and spent the entire afternoon sating my butchery urges on it.

So what do you think of it? I am playing the Roman campaign now. I'm at 47 BC and have conquered aboot 37 territories, including Rome out of the 50 required to "win." The AI plays about at Axe's skilz level so I win somefink like 6:1 battles. For example, I have a couple of territories in Asia minor which Egyptian forces attack one army at a time instead of several at once. So I have been holding them off for about 10 years..

I am getting bored with it. Keeping the people in the territories happy and not revolting is a pain. Yet, I would like to see what happens when I win the campaign.

Originally posted by Soddball:

I forked out for Rome: Total War and spent the entire afternoon sating my butchery urges on it.

So what do you think of it? I am playing the Roman campaign now. I'm at 47 BC and have conquered aboot 37 territories, including Rome out of the 50 required to "win." The AI plays about at Axe's skilz level so I win somefink like 6:1 battles. For example, I have a couple of territories in Asia minor which Egyptian forces attack one army at a time instead of several at once. So I have been holding them off for about 10 years..

I am getting bored with it. Keeping the people in the territories happy and not revolting is a pain. Yet, I would like to see what happens when I win the campaign.