Peng Challenges the Minnesota Miscreants For The Wild Card Playoffs!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Alkiviadis:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Dalem is menopausal.

I do NOT have a pouch. </font>

Originally posted by MrPeng:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Alkiviadis:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Dalem is menopausal.

I do NOT have a pouch. </font>

Originally posted by MrPeng:

NAIL HIM UP!!!! NAIL HIM UP, I SAY! I've got some loverly lumber out behind the shed and a few rusty railroad spikes. Who's got a framer's square so we get the boards lined up right?

Ah, Peng. Your hideousness completes me.

In your honour, I will, this Easter, dig out of my closet my Single Religious Symbol.

A number of years ago, me and my buddy Bob went out and purchased a 3 foot high, soft plushy fur, pink bunny stuffed toy. We then gathered wood from my folks' garage, gathered thorny limbs from the thickets below their house, and bought square headed nails from the local hardware store. Bob insisted that they had to be square headed nails.

We nailed the lumber into a cross, and then we crucified the Easter Bunny. We wove the thorns into a crown to grace it's head. We used the square headed nails.

As a crowning touch, we used red modeling paint to paint each paw, the bunny's forehead, and a narrow slit in the side. We even used the Bible to check out which side the 'spear wound' should be on.

And for many, many Aprils thereafter, I used to hang the damn thing over my couch.

A Catholic friend came over one time and said: You know, not much offends me. But that offends me!

And then he started laughing.

I stopped putting it up every Spring when I reached the point that the Center for Disease Control stopped letting me have other people into my apartment. Didn't seem much point.

But, Peng, in your honour, the Bunny rides again!

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

...Brad/Jen...

Who are Brad/Jen? Or should I say who *was* Brad/Jen? Is this some way of naming one's first born? Or is this some new Eastern European sportscar? And why ought we to care about he/she/them/it?

If I am to be expected to pull down my trusty flintlock and go riding off into the night, I demand to know the issues. And don't bleeding post a link to some crummy site that will have me clicking the reject buttons of cookies for half the night.

Michael </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

NAIL HIM UP!!!! NAIL HIM UP, I SAY! I've got some loverly lumber out behind the shed and a few rusty railroad spikes. Who's got a framer's square so we get the boards lined up right?

Ah, Peng. Your hideousness completes me.

In your honour, I will, this Easter, dig out of my closet my Single Religious Symbol.

A number of years ago, me and my buddy Bob went out and purchased a 3 foot high, soft plushy fur, pink bunny stuffed toy. We then gathered wood from my folks' garage, gathered thorny limbs from the thickets below their house, and bought square headed nails from the local hardware store. Bob insisted that they had to be square headed nails.

We nailed the lumber into a cross, and then we crucified the Easter Bunny. We wove the thorns into a crown to grace it's head. We used the square headed nails.

As a crowning touch, we used red modeling paint to paint each paw, the bunny's forehead, and a narrow slit in the side. We even used the Bible to check out which side the 'spear wound' should be on.

And for many, many Aprils thereafter, I used to hang the damn thing over my couch.

A Catholic friend came over one time and said: You know, not much offends me. But that offends me!

And then he started laughing.

I stopped putting it up every Spring when I reached the point that the Center for Disease Control stopped letting me have other people into my apartment. Didn't seem much point.

But, Peng, in your honour, the Bunny rides again! </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Sweet Feck All

I can't believe I actually drove you to your door.

I should have left you in a snowbank. I would have too, except that there are no snowbanks to be had. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

A theological question for you Oh Bard of the Pool ... when you nailed the bunny, did you place the nails in the hand or the wrist and why?

Joe

Well, you know...it's all a bit dim to me, now. I mean, I remember that we spent a long time reading the various major gospels, in order to get everything 'just right'.

I mean, if you're going to crucify the Easter Bunny, you don't want it to look like you did it one Sunday afternoon in a mean, drunken frenzy. You want everyone who sees it to realize you spent a certain amount of thoughtful, considered effort on it.

I believe we put the nails through either 'paw', and we used one nail to drive both 'feet' together into the cross (this was awkward, as soft, plushy bunny toys have rather thick and plushy limbs).

Afterwards, of course, we sat in the living room drinking orange juice and throwing dice, and toasting Pontius Pilate, my second favourite character from the Bible.

A theological question for you Oh Bard of the Pool ... when you nailed the bunny, did you place the nails in the hand or the wrist and why?

Joe

Well, you know...it's all a bit dim to me, now. I mean, I remember that we spent a long time reading the various major gospels, in order to get everything 'just right'.

I mean, if you're going to crucify the Easter Bunny, you don't want it to look like you did it one Sunday afternoon in a mean, drunken frenzy. You want everyone who sees it to realize you spent a certain amount of thoughtful, considered effort on it.

I believe we put the nails through either 'paw', and we used one nail to drive both 'feet' together into the cross (this was awkward, as soft, plushy bunny toys have rather thick and plushy limbs).

Afterwards, of course, we sat in the living room drinking orange juice and throwing dice, and toasting Pontius Pilate, my second favourite character from the Bible. </font>

Why do I get the feeling that this series of posts will be held against me some day?

Joe

What are you worried about? I'm the one who actually has a crucified Easter Bunny in his apartment!

We used to get complaints because the window directly across from the couch is directly in line with the living room window of the building next door, and the people there used to complain about the fact that they could see it whenever they watched television, and it...upset them.

And now, just because I'm feeling a bit introspective, a melancholy singsong!

The Dutchman's not the kind of man

To keep his thumb jammed in the dam

That holds his dreams in

But that's a secret only Margaret knows

When Amsterdam is golden in the morning

Margaret brings him breakfast

She believes him

He thinks the tulips bloom beneath the snow

He's mad as he can be but Margaret only sees that sometimes

Sometimes she sees her unborn children in his eyes

Let us go to the banks of the ocean

Where the walls rise above the Zuiderzee

Long ago, I used to be a young man

And dear Margaret remembers that for me

The Dutchman still wears wooden shoes

His cap and coat are patched with love

That Margaret sewed in

Sometimes he thinks he's still in Rotterdam

He watches tugboats down canals

And calls out to them when he thinks he knows the Captain

'Til Margaret comes to take him home again

Through unforgiving streets

That trip him though she holds his arm

Sometimes he thinks that he's alone and calls her name

The windmills whirl the winter in

She winds his muffler tighter,

They sit in the kitchen

Some tea with whisky keeps away the dew

He sees her for a moment, calls her name

She makes the bed up humming some old love song

She learned it when the tune was very new

He hums a line or two, they hum together in the night

The Dutchman falls asleep and Margaret blows the candle out.

The Dutchman

-Michael Smith

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

...Brad/Jen...

Who are Brad/Jen? Or should I say who *was* Brad/Jen? Is this some way of naming one's first born? Or is this some new Eastern European sportscar? And why ought we to care about he/she/them/it?

If I am to be expected to pull down my trusty flintlock and go riding off into the night, I demand to know the issues. And don't bleeding post a link to some crummy site that will have me clicking the reject buttons of cookies for half the night.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Geier:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by YK2:

We bought a lot of things to keep you warm and dry....

And a funny old crib on which the paint won't dry...

Without any Googling. From the Hunky Dory album. "Kooks" is it? One of my favorite songs, used to sing it to my son until he learned to say "stop". Written for Zowie after his birth if I recall correctly. </font>

I haven't had time to mention that Seanachai's apparently leaderless German troops are being slaughtered on the battlefield as if they were cattle being herded into an abbatoir,

“The hand of God and mankind's self-inflicted blows seem equally heavy... giving a strong cumulative impression of the world as an abattoir” Well.... Seanachai's world that's for sure.

As for my other games....well...er...I'm not doing so hot.

Why do I get the feeling that this series of posts will be held against me some day?

Joe

Perhaps it is because you hath taken part in the prejudicizing of the ‘religiously inclined’ & that is surely a poor deal.

I’m not talking about any of those false religions of course, mock away at will; heck if it was only those involved I’d join ya. However I feel it was the ‘religiously inclined’ who were most grievously insulted… this is a direct threat to my attempt to create a true religion, a religion of Peng himself (although his lordships visits are most blessedful it does grate somewhat when he is around, if the God is here all the time who needs the Messiah some would ask).

Still a picture of the Easter bunny crucified would be cool (plus I’m sure the American department of homeland security would be very interested).

V41lowshmuck wrote...

...why is every body looking at me? *backs out of the room slowly*
If there’s one thing that annoys me more than a feckless Oddstralian cockroach whose false credentials were bestowed on him when the Justicar was nought but a weak willed fool (concerning those credentials, now that the Queen has disowned him {and rightfully of course}, should he really count {I use the term in the most contemptuous way possible of course} as a squire anymore… who is he a squire to?) then it’s a feckless, Oddstralian cockroach whose false credentials were bestowed upon him when the Justicar was nought but a weak willed fool AND who has a super inflated ego.

No-one is looking at you ya disgusting little ‘false step into what seemed like firm ground but has now turned out to be a steaming pile of canine faecal matter’… They are looking at Peng (& me).

Now please continue ‘backing out of the room’ (such a noble way of putting ‘flees from the room as brick after holy brick is unleashed’) I wouldn’t want to disturb you in a task that you are uniquely qualified for…

So I can't be having with people coming in here, and randomly hating people for stupid ****e.

Oh, stop it already! Look, although you may be pale enough and doughy enough to pass for one of the dentally challenged denizens of the U.K., we all know you're just a whispy haired Minnesotan, so you might as well start sounding like it.

Pepper your speech with plenty of "ders, dems" and "yahs".

And would it kill you to mention tuna hot dishes once in awhile?

Afterwards, of course, we sat in the living room drinking orange juice and throwing dice, and toasting Pontius Pilate, my second favourite character from the Bible.

So you kept the racy poster of Salome in the bedroom, eh?

Religious wanker...

I just had a deja vu (flashback), whatever....went outside the building for a smoke, walked down the sidewalk...a lot of plants nearby (its like a Garden of Eden in the summer, very nice landscaping around here), with the fog, and light mist falling plus, the smell of wet ground, the chill of dampness in the air......whooosh Con Thien 1967!!!!!...funny how that happens.