Pimp my TNT-chucking ride, it's the Cheery Waffle Thread

I won't be around for a while.

Twenty years ago, my mom spent three days in a septic-shock induced coma because of an obstructed bowel. They cut out a foot and a half of it back then.

She was admitted to hospital last night. Her bowel is obstructed again but, with a bit of luck, she may not need surgery this time.

Still, she's very sick.

Keep a good thought.

--Jason

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Snarker:

Warn Mum ahead of time about that beard. She might try to save your life by beating the badger with the bed pan.

But if she does, post pictures! :D

Here's wishing your mum all the best, Axe.

Mace

Axe, Becky and I will keep your mom in our thoughts. I figure any woman who put up with an oversized maggot like you for a son is strong enough to come through any kind of medical problem with flying colors. Our best to Paula and your family as well. As for you, I'd like to collect all of the angry molten TNT in the world and blow you up real good! :D:D:D

Originally posted by Dave H:

As for you, I'd like to collect all of the angry molten TNT in the world and blow you up real good! :D:D:D

btw Mr Nice Maggot, where's my turn? :mad:

Mace

PS As the old joke goes, Axe is so ugly that when he was born, they slapped his mom rather than him for bringing him into the world. wwwwwww

Thanks peeps. (Especially Kitty, since I know how non-angry threads make her want to puke).

No change in mom's condition (internally), but she was feeling stronger yesterday and I even went for a short walk in the hallway with her.

The surgeon will decide today whether or not they'll wait any longer to see if things will straighten out on their own. We should know by some time later today either way.

Poor dad. That first day he went 30 hours without sleep. He then slept 11 hours straight which he said he hasn't done since he was a teenager.

Later. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hey. Quick hi. Just got back from the hospital. They decided to go for the surgery. Mom went in at 6:16 p.m. and was out 45 minutes later.

They didn't have to cut out any intestine. It turns out some mesh from a previous operation -- this was her 19th -- caused the bowel to fold over on itself and twist. The surgeon straightened it out.

Still, six more days in hospital (the next two with an epidural) followed by two to three months recuperation.

But she's going to be fine.

Thanks for all the kind words.

And now, to sleep, perchance to dream of pleasant things.

Like TNT. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by _Axe_:

Hey. Quick hi. Just got back from the hospital. They decided to go for the surgery. Mom went in at 6:16 p.m. and was out 45 minutes later.

They didn't have to cut out any intestine. It turns out some mesh from a previous operation -- this was her 19th -- caused the bowel to fold over on itself and twist. The surgeon straightened it out.

Still, six more days in hospital (the next two with an epidural) followed by two to three months recuperation.

And now, to sleep, perchance to dream of pleasant things.

Like TNT. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

So everything's fine then?!?!? I made a sympathy post for NOTHING?!?!?!?! GAR GAR ARGAR GAR AGRARGA RAGR G!!!!!!!!! :mad: This is an outrage!!!!!! I hope that when you wake up you find yourself submerged by a tidal wave of angry, evil-smelling maggots and severed limbs. :mad: :mad: :mad:

=)

Originally posted by _Axe_:

(snip)

Great news, Axe! Your mom's recovering, and Kitty has allowed her Valkyrie persona to slip for an instant. Talk about your win - win! :D:D

Don't worry, Kitty, we won't let your jewel-encrusted maggot of a dad know about your weak moment. He'd probably cut you out of the will if he found out. You wouldn't want to miss out on inheriting the Goodale collection of mold and vomit and ants, would you? :eek: :eek:

Mace, my monitor is in the shop until sometime next week, so be patient. I'll get back to slaughtering your German probe when I can see what's going on. Somehow fighting battles with all of the black images showing up as bright green wasn't fun anymore. :mad: :mad: :mad: Luckily the nearest Viewsonic service center is only about 15 miles away. :D