Pimp my TNT-chucking ride, it's the Cheery Waffle Thread

Wow, I wasn't following the thread for a few days, and this happens. Fortunately everything turned out okay.

That is, Dave H's monitor is broken. Now if someone would just smash his keyboard...

I was also shocked to read about Axe's mother. Well, she might be responsible for something terrible, but at time like this I won't be holding it against her but wish a rapid recovery.

You should also wish me in advance a rapid recovery from my May Day hangover! :mad: :mad: :(

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<font size=5>Good Friday morning, Cheery Waffles!!</font>

Any of you following the thread in the GF about the guys in New Hampshire who say they dug up some old currency? I swear if it's not MasterGoodale (the maggot), it must be members of his inbred family. No offense, Kitty. :D:D

Originally posted by Mace:

For someone without a monitor, you sure do type nicely. :D

Mace

Thank you. It's a gift. tongue.gif:D:D

Originally posted by Watson & Crick:

Hey Canukleberry Hound, how do you expect to get promoted or a new job with your current editorial skillz?

"And when they drag they lake there's nothing left at all"

:mad:

P.S. Glad to hear that your Mom is better.

You bastard!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I just noticed it. :D

mattrace1.jpg

I sendedededed-ed it a few days ago. Along with Axes. BTW, Helper still refuses to do the multiple turn thingy correctly. What I gotta do? Keeps telling me it's looking for a 2+file that's not there, but I believe it is.

Originally posted by Snarker:

I sendedededed-ed it a few days ago. Along with Axes. BTW, Helper still refuses to do the multiple turn thingy correctly. What I gotta do? Keeps telling me it's looking for a 2+file that's not there, but I believe it is.

I dunno. I get that every other turn. If it is a large file, i.e. a movie file, say no at the fast mode prompt. If it is a smallish size file, i.e. less than 20 kb, say yes at the prompt. I always get a movie file per file recieved, but I may not get to plot.

Teens adrift at sea rescued after 6 days

Boys dehydrated and sunburned but OK

SOUTHPORT, North Carolina (AP) -- Adrift on a sailboat without food or fresh water for six days, 17-year-old Josh Long and a friend survived on sea water, raw jellyfish -- and faith.

"We just prayed every day. We prayed for our families, prayed for our lives, prayed to get home. God answered us," Long told CBS's "Early Show" on Monday. "I knew he wouldn't let us suffer for no reason."

Long and his best friend, 15-year-old Troy Driscoll were spotted Saturday about seven miles off Cape Fear -- more than 100 miles from where they had begun their journey off Sullivans Island, South Carolina, on April 24.

The boys were sunburned, dehydrated and exhausted, but otherwise in pretty good shape. They were recovering Monday at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina.

The pair quenched their thirst with sea water and slipped into the ocean to cool off, but sharks chased them back onto the boat. At night, they used a single wet suit to keep warm.

The teenagers had set out shark fishing on a 14-foot Sunfish during a blustery day. The National Weather Service had warned small boats to stay off the water and the pair realized they were in trouble almost immediately. They tried to swim to shore, pulling the boat along with them.

They yelled to people on the beach, but weren't heard. Within hours, the boys were out to sea. The pair lost their tackle the second day.

"We didn't even get a chance to fish," Driscoll told The Post and Courier of Charleston, South Carolina. "After 20 minutes we knew we were in for a long trip. We knew we were in trouble."

At one point, the teens thought they had drifted across the Atlantic Ocean and were close to Africa. Instead, they were about 111 miles north -- well outside the Coast Guard's search grid -- but close enough to spot a fishing boat.

The only thing Driscoll ate was jellyfish; Long feared the jellyfish would make him sick and that he'd lose his bearings. He gargled saltwater a couple of times a day to keep his throat from drying out.

What is with you 'mercans and geography? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by _Axe_:

What is with you 'mercans and geography? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why do I have this mental picture of Beavis and Butthead going fishing? :eek: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess I'm relieved that they knew the name of someplace outside the US. :rolleyes::rolleyes: