Pimp my TNT-chucking ride, it's the Cheery Waffle Thread

<font size=5 font color=blue>Good Evening, Waffles!!</font>

Can somebody tell me why the threads I start in the General Forum tend to get locked so fast? Do they just attract the "wrong" kind of people? I think I could start a thread saying the sky is dark here right now and somebody would get nasty about it. Not that any of you maggots would ever do anything like that. :rolleyes::D:D

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Snarker:

Just read the Peng. It seems Boggs will not be joining us in a joke or two anymore. A good man. 494.gif

Goddamn it!! I thought it was some sort of cruel joke at first. :(

I can't believe it.

When Jim's wife was very ill, Jim and I used to spend more time talking by e-mail than playing.

He was one of the nicest people I've had the privilege of meeting on the internet.

I still can't believe it. :( :mad: :(

<font size=6>RIP Jim!!</font>

I had the pleasure of playing Jim Boggs in several PBEMs, and he always brought a smile to me with his wit and sometimes with his tactics. We also corresponded at length during his wife's illness, when he stopped playing to take care of her. Although I never had the chance to meet him in person, I counted him a friend and always will. Jim Boggs, you Waffle maggot, may your TNT always be molten and angry. :D:D:D

Originally posted by _Axe_:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Snarker:

Just read the Peng. It seems Boggs will not be joining us in a joke or two anymore. A good man. 494.gif

Goddamn it!! I thought it was some sort of cruel joke at first. :(

I can't believe it.

When Jim's wife was very ill, Jim and I used to spend more time talking by e-mail than playing.

He was one of the nicest people I've had the privilege of meeting on the internet.

I still can't believe it. :( :mad: :( </font>

It does, Soddball, it does. They're such right bastards that when they go, almost no one has sympathy, and the event is little noted.

People like Boggs leave everyone they interact with good memories, and that circle takes the time to notice a friend's passing.

Gamey updates:

Snarker's arty spotter is helping my arty spotter destroy the evil krauts in a sandy scenario.

Axentut is facing an onslaught of furious angryfied Russians. I have destroyed most of his fortified village with big caliber arty and big caliber clankies. His feared panthers are no more. Yet, his cowering krauts only have to hold out for a few more turns.

Wallybob is lost somewhere in the tall grass in his backyard. When he finds his way home, he will find a fair number of his kraut clankies were crunched by my crusty brits in a sandstorm.

KiwiMike is attacking my kraut occupied Italian village. He had a horde of shermans. My three kraut tanks, one of which is a Tiger, has whittled the horde down substantially, yet he still has almost 3:1 odds. He has me almost surrounded. He is a tricky one and I have my glass eye on him.

Gleye.jpg

If'n any of you maggots feel left out and want to rumble, send me a set-up.

:mad:

Originally posted by Thermopylae:

Wallybob is blockading the game out of fear and loathing...he knows his pixeltruppen will soon dioe hideously...

Silly Buggers. Ca-didiot. I sent you the last turn on the 30th.

I have been delayed with other turns because my wife was cussing about taxes on my computer, but YOU don't fit into this category.

Dioe, Di-ioe. Dioelight come and me want go home!

Bwahahaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Originally posted by _Axe_:

Turns out when I get my tired arse in gear.

Yeh, just what sort of gear do you get your tired arse into.

I bet it's some form of bondage/S&M costume, isn't it?

Sicko! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Mace

<font size=5 font color=white>Good Morning, Cheery Waffles!!</font>

Hey, are any of you maggots interested in playing Jason C's Kursk campaign? I thought it might be fun to actually get to do something as collaborators instead of as opponents. Let the Cheery Waffles rule the battlefield! :D:D

I just reread the post on the CMBB forum. He wants the battles played TCP instead of PBEM. Never mind. :(:(

[ April 14, 2005, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Dave H ]

Hi guys,

I have been sniffing around the boards a bit for the past couple of weeks, after a year or so of real-life turmoil. Things have settled down to the point now where the IRS says I only owe $22,000 (the bastiche’s).

I would like to offer my sincerest apologizes to whom I left hanging with PBEM games. I did not do that lightly and honestly try to honor such commitments. I cannot remember whom I was playing but know I had a couple games in progress. I apologize gentlemen.

Nick

Originally posted by Dave H:

Hey, are any of you maggots interested in playing Jason C's Kursk campaign? I thought it might be fun to actually get to do something as collaborators instead of as opponents. Let the Cheery Waffles rule the battlefield! :D:D

I just reread the post on the CMBB forum. He wants the battles played TCP instead of PBEM. Never mind. :(:(

HEY! Your thread in the GF didn't get locked up! The system is breaking down! GRRARARARRRGGGRHHH!!

:mad: :mad:

Originally posted by Abbott:

Hi guys,

I have been sniffing around the boards a bit for the past couple of weeks, after a year or so of real-life turmoil. Things have settled down to the point now where the IRS says I only owe $22,000 (the bastiche’s).

I would like to offer my sincerest apologizes to whom I left hanging with PBEM games. I did not do that lightly and honestly try to honor such commitments. I cannot remember whom I was playing but know I had a couple games in progress. I apologize gentlemen.

Nick

And just as I was beating you like a red-headed step-child too.

Less apologies, more great maps!! :mad: :mad:

Oh, and welcome back.

You could always pimp out mike_the_wino. Although for him to earn you $22,000, he'd have to be turning tricks for 10<sup>12789 </sup> years, given his face and all.

Originally posted by Abbott:

Hi guys,

Nick

GGRGRAAARGH!!! AARGHAARRH!!!

You still owe me $81,489.59!!!! Pay me and I'll pay the revenuers the $22k out of that for old times' sake. :mad: :mad: :D

Good to see you back.

Originally posted by Dave H:

Me!!!!!!!!!!!! I just read the last paragraph (if you can even call it that) of your post. Never mind. :mad: :mad: :mad: