I wish I would have known sooner...

What a great game this is and I haven't even played the full version. I bought CMAK today but it will be a few days before it gets here. So to occupy myself I have been playing the CMAK and CMBB demos. I know they are just the tip of the Iceburg but if the rest of the Iceburg is anything like this. MAN I AM IN HEAVEN! I wish I had heard of this before and I would have been here a lot earlier. I am a noob to the genre but I have always been facinated by Strategy Titles. The other ones I have seen have been a bit more intimidating that the Combat Mission series. It seems to me to be similiar to a game of Chess.Not necessarily in game mechanics but that once you know the basic rule set you can play a game. But some people spend their whole lives trying to master the game.

I am definitely going to spread the word to as many people as I can about this gem. I already posted on the IL2 Forgotten Battles(WWII Flight Sim) Forums. I will post something on the WWII Online forums later tonight.

S!

Embark

Before you go any further;

1. Warn your wife/ girlfriend/ boyfriend that you won't bee seen for a while. They might call the undertaker because you might look dead already.

2. Use extra strong sun-block-milk when you finally hit the streets again after months of CM-screen-watching.

3. If your local AA community has a waiting list then subscribe to it now. Wait and it will be too late.

4. When you're devotion goes to huge scenarios then do anti-RSI exercises between the turns.

5. Welcome to BFC's forums.

6. Buy CMBB as well and pick your favourite...

Grussen,

Nils

I'm a bit jealous. You've reminded me that I'll never again have the thrill of playing CM 'for the first time'. Its nice to occassionally be reminded that... oh yeh, this IS a super-cool revolutionary 3-D historically accurate combat sim! Sometimes we tend to forget. ;)

Originally posted by Mace:

Something about being Assimilated by CMBorg comes to mind, but it's just a memory blur of long ago.

You rang?

The very fact you made no sheep reference indicates that our aCMilation of you has been successful. Your distinctiveness has been added to our own.

Embark is now one of the Collective. He too has been aCMilated.

It's good alright! I go into software shops now and just pick up boxes and laugh. I don't think there is anything out there that comes close at this point. I have been playing ever since CMBO and I still play both CMBB and CMAK several times a week.

Now that's a testament to how good this CM thing is! Every other piece of software that I bought that long ago, except maybe Microsoft Word, just doesn't get used anymore.

Welcome Embark. You will find most answers to your questions about this great game in this forum. I warn you, this game is an addiction. In a few months you will see what Jack Carr is talking about. If you have a real job, you may find yourself calling in sick because you were not able to finish a battle until 0300, and you cannot wait to start the next one. I have had this game for one year and I still find nuances that I had missed or not thought about until I read about it in this forum.