So...what does CMAK's interface look like?

Hi,

Yeah, I did this one too, with help from Steve. I think it looks pretty good myself, but of course I'm biased. smile.gif Since there were no major changes from CMBB, the challenge was to make it look fresh and different than the other game. Not easy when the layout is EXACTLY the same as the previous game. I think we pulled it off though. You'll see soon enough...

Originally posted by Wicky:

This slipped through - Look at the bottom

Ah, I missed that one. The same, beautifully-functional design I've grown to love from CMBB.

After seeing dozens (hundreds?) of shots of the units and the action without the interface, I was wondering if BFC changed it drastically. Then I thought BFC might be experimenting with an interface-less design...then the nightmares started.

Brr...thy're still there.

Deanco..you are an artist.

I like the look too.

But I never understood the need for the map picture. That info seems unnecessary. Whereas the picture that comes up when a unit is selected at least gives important info about where the unit is located.

Has anyone thought to add passenger info to the first Unit screen? So that one does not have to go to a second screen to check whose on board.

Whose on first?..... Toad

Originally posted by Louie the Toad:

Has anyone thought to add passenger info to the first Unit screen? So that one does not have to go to a second screen to check whose on board.

Excellent Suggestion! Toad, I take back all those nasty things I said about you in the past. You have redeemed yourself in my eyes. Would you care for this little crust of stale bread?

Famine

Originally posted by Quenaelin:

I would like to have those whole face portraits, they add lots of personality to soldiers. Maybe I just have to mod those portraits.

Personally I hope they don't use the whole face, portraits, at least unless they can provide varying portraits for each unit type.

In CMBO each type of unit (e.g. german pioneers squad, british paratrooper squad, U.S. infantry squad, SS platoon HQ etc.)had its own portrait, but every unit of that particular type shared the same picture. With each US infantry squad showing the same face gazing back at you it felt a bit like a war of the clones to me and didn't really help with the immersion factor.

Originally posted by kgsan:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Quenaelin:

I would like to have those whole face portraits, they add lots of personality to soldiers. Maybe I just have to mod those portraits.

Personally I hope they don't use the whole face, portraits, at least unless they can provide varying portraits for each unit type.

In CMBO each type of unit (e.g. german pioneers squad, british paratrooper squad, U.S. infantry squad, SS platoon HQ etc.)had its own portrait, but every unit of that particular type shared the same picture. With each US infantry squad showing the same face gazing back at you it felt a bit like a war of the clones to me and didn't really help with the immersion factor. </font>

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Will the unit portaits show the whole face as they did in CMBO or will they be partial portraits as in CMBB?

They will be a mix of both this time.

As to the flag, I think the one in the AAR was just using a placeholder graphic someone was passing around, the flag in the final game should have the correct 48 stars.

Madmatt