Combat Mission Cartoon?

• 6 months later...

Well actually it wasn’t too bad.

Took screenshots during the movie turns on the Mac OS 9 machine that CMAK runs on.

Copied these to my OS X MacBook Pro which has an application called “Comic Life” on it find it here it lets you scale the screenshots add the ballons, etc.

Hardest part (apart from losing) was trying to think up the dialog! :D

I did a chapter every day or so (depending on the pace of the PBEM).

UPDATE: They have just released a new version of the software which would make things even better / easier.

[ January 10, 2007, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]

gibsonm,

Much appreciated, thought provoking and entertaining effort! A couple of nits for Chapter 2. First, everything I've read about incoming mortar fire suggests that about all you're likely to hear following the plop of launch is a sort of fluttering sound before the rounds detonate. If you want the dawn torn asunder by shrieking incoming, then you need field artillery, not mortars. Also, while I'm admittedly weak on CW jargon, I suspect the guy watching the Kiwis advance into the woods is hoping Jerry's copping it from the HE, rather than coping it. BTW, was the Cisterna? thing yours? If so, loved it!

Regards,

John Kettler

John,

Unfortunatley I didn’t have the points for 3 x Regt of 5.5” so we got “plop, thud” rather than “rumble, shriek, BOOM” so I had to embellish. ;)

I also can’t defend an FO’s grammar. Usually they seem flat out handling navigation and using a radio at the same time, so if they can “talk proper” its a bonus. smile.gif

I’m afraid this is the first effort so I can’t claim any kudos from the work of others.

The new version of the software would have made some of this easier to do (like one balloon with multiple sources).

Anyway glad you liked it - my opponent seemed to (apart from getting it at the end. He wanted an issue every turn for some weird reason).