Supertanks - Maus

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Little Pete:

Well i didnt expect to kick off a 70+ post topic but obviously I found a contentious point (and dont we all love to have a good argue :D ).

Well im now a member it seems, when do you go from junior to normal then to senior? Is it to do with number of posts or is it time since you registered?

Peer vote. There is a thread called the Peng Challenge Thread. In it, we vote on newcomers by posting poetry; once you've been accepted by the masters of this forum, your status gets changed. Your winning vote was a simple haiku extolling the number of consonants in your name.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Little Pete:

Well i didnt expect to kick off a 70+ post topic but obviously I found a contentious point (and dont we all love to have a good argue :D ).

Well im now a member it seems, when do you go from junior to normal then to senior? Is it to do with number of posts or is it time since you registered?

Peer vote. There is a thread called the Peng Challenge Thread. In it, we vote on newcomers by posting poetry; once you've been accepted by the masters of this forum, your status gets changed. Your winning vote was a simple haiku extolling the number of consonants in your name. </font>

Originally posted by Little Pete:

You mean I have to be somebody's bitch????

Well i think i'll be defending myself (and my delicate body) with a regiment of IS-3's LOL

Hmmm interesting poetry, i'll work on it.

Being somebody's bitch in this forum is mandatory. You're either the pimp or the bitch in this place.

Originally posted by Soddball:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Little Pete:

You mean I have to be somebody's bitch????

Well i think i'll be defending myself (and my delicate body) with a regiment of IS-3's LOL

Hmmm interesting poetry, i'll work on it.

Being somebody's bitch in this forum is mandatory. You're either the pimp or the bitch in this place. </font>

It may be just a "game" but you haven't savored it until you try this: Don a WW2 tanker's helmet and some greasy coveralls. Don't bother shaving or showering for a few days. Turn the lights down low throughout the room. If you have a stereo, put on some Wagner real loud (you know the tune already, don't you?) Burn some canvas, wood, metal shavings and animal hair (unless your own is conveniently falling out) in an ashtray by the computer. Let the aroma waft around the now-smoky room. Go without eating for a couple of days, then eat a half pound of jerky and crackers real fast. Wash it down with water from your dog's bowl. Stay up a couple of nights. Turn off the phone and TV. Tell your significant other you have a communicable disease, assuming you don't already have one. Insert CM disk and pick a scenario. Havablast. Be sure to scream, whimper and curse a lot. Don't answer the doorbell because they'll just take you away anyhow. When you're done with the scenario or totally fried, walk outside and mill around a mall, experiencing what it must have been like for returning veterans. Avoid cops and people with big nets. Come back here and tell us about it!

What are you waiting for? Put on that helmet and get going, soldier!

Although the previous post would have brilliantly concluded this thread... :D

Sorry for the coarse language, but wtf is this?

http://www.jed.simonides.org/tanks/tango/tsar_series/tsar-series.html

Can we have it in too ?-)

(edit)

oww. Somebody made a model out of it too...

http://www-cse.uta.edu/~reyes/images/IPMS/2000_Nationals/05_russian_spoked_tank_monstrosity.JPG

[ January 23, 2004, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Hawtin ]

Now wouldn't you love that to be modelled in CM :D

Hmmm I can imagine we might see a little bit more 'track' damage to that particualr unit as well.

Do you think they could fit 3 men in the side turrets, you wouldn't get three of that guy in there.So either he is a giant or the tank was crewed by midgets...........with waffles

Originally posted by MikeyD:

dangerousdave writes:

"Am I missing something or is it not A GAME?"

Gasp! Sacrilege! CM isn't a "game", its a "3-D tactical combat simulation". Next thing, you'll be referring to G.I. Joe figures as dolls instead of action figures. ;):D

LOL. In fact, "3-D tactical combat simulations" are to games as "action figures" are to "dolls." Subsets. BTW, don't look at the tag line up there just under BATTLEFRONT.COM. :D