A serious business proposal for BFC

Dear Moon!

I am approaching you with honourable intentions, because, as many know, I am a man of honour. And as God the Almighty has wished, I am on a mission: a holy mission to save Combat Mission.

As you guys are about to publish the next generation of CM games, we old battle-hardened veterans from CMBO days almost cry. For years CMBO-BB-AK has been our best friend, in fact for many of us our only friend, unless you count the imaginary friends here at BFC boards. And while we accept that life must go on, we are not yet ready to abandon something that was the finest gem of wargaming of the late 20th century.

You know, I've been thinking of this a lot, and here's my plan. BFC sells me the old engine, for my developing group to use for making a new grog game. I am going to hire Dorosh to fix bugs, Axe to do the Egyptian OOB, blue division to calculate firepower ratings, JasonC to write the manual, Seanachai to summarize what Jason just wrote, MasterGoodAle to summarize & angryolize what Seanachai just summarized, Mace to model the sheep, Emrys as an eyewitness of life in the 1800's, dalem to do all the 3d models for spaceships. I will do the Finnish OOB and, once the game is finished, sell the game from door to door.

Understandably BFC wouldn't want to compete with such a dynamic team, and neither would we want to eat away the market from CMX2 with our quality product, due to be out during the 3rd Quarter of 2005. Therefore the game will be named as "I Can't Believe It's Not Combat Mission" so that people wouldn't mistake between the two games. Secondly, the game won't be about the Space Lobsters of Doom but the Galactic Shrimps of Perdition.

My lawyer will fax you the contract today, so as soon as you find a pen, sign it. Thank you, it is always a pleasure doing business with you!

Sincerely,

Sergei

EGYPTIAN ORDER OF BATTLE

Contingent Commander (Army General)

8 x Light Chariot

Equipment: Armed with hand weapon, light armour, composite bow, javelins, shield.

Chariotry – in 2 units, each with standard, musician and leader

Equipment: Armed with hand weapon, light armour, composite bow, javelins, shield.

15 x Chariot Runners

Equipment: Armed with hand weapon, javelins, shield.

Infantry – archer, spearman and marine units each with standard, musician and leader

20 x Spearmen

20 x Archers

20 x Nubians

20 x Marines

Equipment: Spearmen armed with hand weapon, throwing spear, shield

Bowmen armed with hand weapon and composite bow

Nubians armed with hand weapon and short bow

Marines armed with bows, javelins and shields

Originally posted by _Axe_:

EGYPTIAN ORDER OF BATTLE

8 x Light Chariot

15 x Chariot Runners

Infantry – archer, spearman and marine units each with standard, musician and leader

20 x Spearmen

20 x Archers

20 x Nubians

20 x Marines

Where's your source? Mustapha Ali Al Kabir clearly states in his book "Early ranged weapons of the Pharonic Era" (Chapter MCCXXXVII, page 14,298 para 4) that the short bow (Kalai-alkal) wasn't in use until the later part of the 1st century BC?

Only a bald man with a badger nailed to his chin would attempt to grog-bluff on this forum. :mad:

Originally posted by _Axe_:

EGYPTIAN ORDER OF BATTLE

8 x Light Chariot

15 x Chariot Runners

20 x Spearmen

20 x Archers

20 x Nubians

20 x Marines

You left out the naked slave girls. I won't be buying.

:(

(Though I may DL a pirated copy.)

:mad:

Michael

Originally posted by Snarker:

He's not bluffing, Soddball. It's a real badger nailed to his chin. :mad:

Nah those are just the bugs that Michael fixed. He is not hollering in pain, he is hollering that these are Canadian bugs biting him badly on his bald brain.

Chop chop

Dandelion