Use of the Bren Gun Tripod in Commonwealth Forces

That's clearly the "Royal Bren" (or Konigsbren to the Germans) a experimental variant whose rarity is matched only by the Maus. There was only one produced, and scholars debate whether it ever saw action outside of the grounds of Buckingham. The King is said to have used it on pigeons.

The photo above clearly shows James Joyce admiring the King's technique. Quite a few references to "Georgirex's thirdleg nerb" occur in Finnegans Wake.

Dorosh, I hate you like I hate early morning sunrise. I hate you like I hate the chorus of beauty the fecking birds enact outside my window every fecking hangover morning. I hate you like I hate the sluggishness of wits that I see endlessly paraded on the General Forum, where the mot juste of the day is invariably 'Ha! I suppose you would prefer to have Saddam back again, eh?!'

But mostly, you sodding swine, I hate you for resurrecting the horrible Bren Tripod.

DOROSH, YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN! NO, DON'T LOOK AT THAT BUGGER EMRYS, YOU PILLOCK! I'M TALKING TO YOU, NOW, AREN'T I?!

I shall have to consider whether this incarnation of that damn thread amounts to lese majesty as regards myself.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Dorosh, I hate you like I hate early morning sunrise. I hate you like I hate the chorus of beauty the fecking birds enact outside my window every fecking hangover morning. I hate you like I hate the sluggishness of wits that I see endlessly paraded on the General Forum, where the mot juste of the day is invariably 'Ha! I suppose you would prefer to have Saddam back again, eh?!'

But mostly, you sodding swine, I hate you for resurrecting the horrible Bren Tripod.

DOROSH, YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN! NO, DON'T LOOK AT THAT BUGGER EMRYS, YOU PILLOCK! I'M TALKING TO YOU, NOW, AREN'T I?!

I shall have to consider whether this incarnation of that damn thread amounts to lese majesty as regards myself.

I still want to protest the exclusion of the STEN gun tripod.

Mind you Grog Dorosh is a right pillock and no error.

Btw, Seanachai how is it possible that you could have LESS majesty, and you spelled "Less" wrong.

Joe

I bet Seanachai's rants would be so much more accurate if he were affixed to any tripod, monopod or perhaps just strapped tightly across the local bar stool.

But screw all this. That silly-bitching-quitting Peng owes me a turn and I feel like heading off his natural quitting impulses by publicaly calling him a sissy-pants. I send him a setup and whats he do? Gets his melon thumped soundly on turn one.

Originally posted by Mr. Tittles:

I bet Seanachai's rants would be so much more accurate if he were affixed to any tripod, monopod or perhaps just strapped tightly across the local bar stool.

But screw all this. That silly-bitching-quitting Peng owes me a turn and I feel like heading off his natural quitting impulses by publicaly calling him a sissy-pants. I send him a setup and whats he do? Gets his melon thumped soundly on turn one.

Ah! You are alive! I remember hating you! It's all coming back!

You have to continually hit Peng in the head, or he loses focus.

Now piss off, Mr. Tittles!

I clearly remember you hating me vaguely. So don't expect me to care one way or the other. But Mr. Peng ONLY loses focus after waking up. Git that through your alky addled nogin' pronto.

I do some of my best work while asleep. Or in a stupor. Anyway, many great artistes required a certain amount of bottled inspiration... OK SO I'M A PISS-ARTIST. Sheesh, if you're going to split hairs I'm going to piss off.

You'll get your turn when I am good and ready. I had family obligations to which I had to attend today. Too much driving in crappy traffic.

I clearly remember you hating me vaguely. So don't expect me to care one way or the other. But Mr. Peng ONLY loses focus after waking up. Git that through your alky addled nogin' pronto.

Oh, yes. I remember vaguely hating you. So don't expect me to care about your lack of focus in the morning.

I expect that I got up in a horrible, gulf of mexico dawn, and ruffled your fecking hair, lad, licking the last strains of a mean rum drunk off my lips, and said something very nice about the fact that you hadn't a fecking clue about why you couldn't remember what you'd done the night before...

But then, you're never going to ever stand up tall enough on a sixth graders chair to look me straight in the eye, are you lad?

If its any of neither of your business well then it is morning. Or nearly getting to it. Or closely getting near to it. Or by the time the brews give out; it'll be morning surely.

But regardless (But not irregardless). You ALL owe me a turn. Either now. Or Later. Or the day after. But more than likely in the future surely.

My patience has been tested! May you all have Bren Gun Tripods esconced up your rear quarters. good Day! And Good Night!

Hello to all the peanuts...

"Ummm....that's my website, peanut!"

Been a long day and Three lifeboat shouts later

i stagger into the crew room and browse the net with a nice cup of tea and a bacon sandwich.

Did seem odd at the time i found a site so quick

and in the light of day i know why :rolleyes:

Whooops and a rather large sorry

happy hunting

Seanachai,

You bleeding, raving, maniacal, idjit! You owe me an e-mail, you twit. After I was so kind and considerate to inquire into your well-being, and what do I get in return? Nothing. The All-encompassing Mother of negation. Kali couldn't have done better (or worse; whichever) herself. Damn all, piss off NOTHING. Well, you can fall off your bar stool and break both your typing hands from now on for all I care. Serves you right, you thoughtless, inconsiderate residue from the backside of a banana slug. I hope your mother poisons you in profound regret for ever having borne you, you worthless keepsake of a bad memory.

So there!

P.S. How come they let you out of detention so soon? Has it really been a month? My, how time flies when you're having fun.

Michael

*Sigh* and this thread showed such promise. We'd nearly neatly diverted it into a discussion of the works of James Joyce, their influence on contemporary literature and weapons theory and men with smoking thingies; then what happens? The bloody gnome gets unbanned, that's what happens. BFC fix etc.