Towing anti-tank guns

I guess this has probably been asked before, but please excuse me, I'm new to CMAK/CMBB - I just bought them both.

My question is when you have an anti-tank gun, how do you order it/a towing vehicle to hook up to it, to allow you to move it some where else.

Its easy enough to un-hook a gun, with a right mouse click to see the order option. Am I missing something obvious for hooking up??

Any help appreciated, it doesn't seem to have the info in the manual.

The transport class of the towing vehicle must be greater than or equal to the transport class of the gun as well. Additionally, vehicles only capable of having teams as passengers (as opposed to a full squad) have a limit of 6 men in the towed team.

All this information is found by hitting enter while the appropriate unit is selected.

Good luck keeping 'em alive!

You know, I'm very angry about game mechanics. I want to know how come I can't fire my anti-tank guns at targets while they're embarked. I mean, I have a completely open LOS, they're correctly faced, and everything.

This game sucks compared to all the really great WWII FPS games out there...

How come one stinking shot will knock out a German tank in this game, when my individual soldier in other games can take direct hits from panzerfausts and still be 20% effective?!

I think the makers of the game need some remedial game design classes...

You know, I'm very angry about game mechanics. I want to know how come I can't fire my anti-tank guns at targets while they're embarked. I mean, I have a completely open LOS, they're correctly faced, and everything.

How come one stinking shot will knock out a German tank in this game, when my individual soldier in other games can take direct hits from panzerfausts and still be 20% effective?!

Blink. read the post again. Blink.

This is a joke post right?

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I suppose trying to do this in real life would be the quivalent of trying to eat you McDonalds happy meal with Vanila milkshake whilst going through a 10 loop rollercoaster. F**KING IMPOSSIBLE.

Originally posted by Lucho:

Sometimes it is even possible to load two (!) AT-guns (or call them devices) on a truck or HT. PzB28 + Pak42mm or the like for example.

What ? :eek:

Is this possible ? I guess the PzB 28 is carried inside the SPW... ...not following the towed PaK, true ?

A screenshot would be just cool :cool:

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Yeah, it's a shame.

I often saw that a complete STG44 ammo load is required to shot down someone (MoH)... ...CM is just inaccurate in representing this balistic particularity ( :D )...

A Truck has a loading capacity of 8 (equals a group), the PzB 28 a weight/size of 3 and another light ATG with no more than 5, I think. The entire crew of both may not exceed 10-12men.

Sorry, I cannot put an image into the web, no webspace.

Originally posted by Kyzarkit:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> You know, I'm very angry about game mechanics. I want to know how come I can't fire my anti-tank guns at targets while they're embarked. I mean, I have a completely open LOS, they're correctly faced, and everything.

Blink. read the post again. Blink.

This is a joke post right? </font>

"I want to know how come I can't fire my anti-tank guns at targets while they're embarked"

Anti-tank guns have a fearful recoil. that's why they have those long legs with spades at the end. Firing an antitank gun while the trailing legs are hooked to a truck bumper would be bad for the bumper... worse for the gunner!

To get back on topic: as far as I know not al guns can be hooked up again. I believe the '88 is stuck where it is, once you unload it (I know for sure in CMBB, it placed itself just a bit beside where I ordered it, with no los whatsoever, and it refused to move).

Got another complaint to: a truck with an howitzer 105 mm goes way to slow in desert rough. In a certain scenario several of my trucks got lost in that terrain, and their speed dropped to about 750-900 mtrs / AN HOUR!!!. In fact my infantry belly crawling due to exhaustion got faster, as did the crew pushing that same 105 mm Howitzer!!

I think the terrain should be either impassable or the speed should be a bit higher.

(as an amusing side note: my opponent had walking two crews beside my trucks, firing their pistols. They kept on for about 5 minutes, all of 75 meters. They never could hit my trucks from 5 meters away).

Bertram

Hey, YOU should try taking one of those old chain drive. leaf spring suspension flatbed trucks on a fast drive over rough ground! It's bad enough getting them to negotiate a rutted dirt road without breaking something. If driving over rough ground was easy governments around the world wouldn't gone to all the trouble and expense of building paved roads everywhere.

Originally posted by Sergei:

People responding to sarcasm without knowing what sarcasm is, is about as uncomfortable to follow as two cousins trying to have sex without having an idea of which bit goes to where. The result always looks retarded, too.

I assume you speak from experience. I guess I'll just have to take your word on that analogy.

J