Why I have to buy the games??

Stratos

Hello I'm from Catalonia, in the east coast of Iberican Peninsule. I tried the three demos BO, BTB and AK and want to know why I have to spend my money buying the games. I know I know All of you love the game, but try to give some things that well make love the game also.

I'm a fan of World at War from Matrix Games so I believe that can like CM. But please give your opinion.

P.S. I love ETO specially battle of the Bulge and the battle of Normandy, is this well represented in the games??

I cannot make you love the game --: ) but it is truly a great game to play. As you can see from the Australian Army commissioning a variant it is deep and well researched also.

To all intents and purposes you can play the ETO using CMAK so no need to wait for a revitalised CMBO.

What I cannot understand is how happy can you be to play only the demo versions!

If you enjoyed the demos, you'll enjoy the full games even more. The original game is obsolete, the second and third obsolescent as we approach the new game engine, but CMAK is well worth the reduced price. You can also find scenarios and operations from NWE here and there as well as those shipped with game.

Originally posted by General Colt:

1600+ scenarios at the Scenario Depot

1700+ opponents at the Proving Grounds and BlitzWargaming.

</font>
  • Tournaments</font>
</font>
  • Flexible and easy to use map/scenario editor</font>

</font>

• Most accurate units data</font>
</font>
  • Most accurate tables of organization & equipment (Hope no grog actually read these last two redface.gif )</font>

</font>

• Plus many, many visual modifications (so called " mods ") to enhance, convert, tweak and adjust the visual/sound aspect of the game.</font>

</font>

• tons of awards and praises by people who knows.</font>

If you're any serious about wargaming, you gotta have them !

'nuff said.

Stratos, the maps you played on in the Demos, you can make those with almost no effort. The editor alone is worth the price. And once you make a map you can explore it until your hearts content. I've spent hours doing that; snowy terrain, night, rain, foggy conditions, you can have a blast just tweaking the maps. You can also place units on these maps and study them as well. It's endless. Add to that the joy of new graphics everytime a modder posts a new masterpiece and it's heaven.

I had CMBO on my computer for two years straight without a break. I toyed with or played the game everyday for those two years. Game wise this series by far is the best purchase I have ever made. No other computer game has held my attention this long.

Mord.

Stratos

Of course you want that the game. Not only do you get to play a great game you get to know the loco people on this board.

There are also a number of Spanish Civil War SCW (or more properly ECW) scenarios. As a matter of fact I've just started working on the July 26-27, 1938 battle of Candesa (Ataques a Candesa).

Your local help would be appreciated

Hans

Ok Ok redface.gifredface.gif I will buy the games, I will call it for it tomorrow, so Tuesday will hit my home. What I need to make CM:BO looks better?? Another petition can someone post some pics of Battle of the Bulge?? Please please please tongue.giftongue.gif

I will buy the three games so I hope that they will give some good time.

Now reading Battle of the Ardennes from John Toland so this Bulge screens willl be very welcomed.

You look like a very nice community, very pleased to meet you!!

Do a search here for spwaw, catagory:combat mission. 41 items found. It will give you something to do while waiting for your shipment and answer some of the questions you will have. Old habits are hard to break in the transition between the two games.

CM does not have SP style campaigns. Operations are similar. I never liked having to choose my forces anyway.

IMHO CM is less gamey. No recon by aircraft, etc.

Originally posted by Sirocco:

You can make CMBO look better, but it still won't have the gameplay improvements you'll find in CMBB and CMAK. I would recommend skipping CMBO if you can find NWE scenarios and campaigns for CMAK.

What is NWE??

-I will make a search for it thank's and a question, you have maded Korean scenarios??

If you like some "Bulge" scenarios, there are 20 of them at the scenario depot for CMAK alone. And I think even more for CMBO. Its all free. :cool:

just do a depot search using "december", and "1944" and maybe "belgium". There are a couple of Operations that cover the Bulge as well, at the depot.

When you really start getting into the online support of this game offered by the general public, you will find that there are some terrain mods out there at CMMODS that attempt to portray the winter terrain of the ardennes region as well.