Meanwhile, on another forum...

MikeyD

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I just noticed the big announcement.

BFC's started shipping 'Dangerous Waters'!

Lucky PC-using bustards.

BFC seems to be busy boys lately!

Oh

you mean its ONLY available for WINDOZE!?

because BFC seems to be the only game company in the world that will release their OWN Mac and PC versions at the same time!

grrrr :mad:

oh well

the up side is the Mac users won't have to worry about spending money on another game!

The ONLY game I want right now is CMx2 and I don't plan to spend 1 red cent on any other video or computer game until I can buy CMx2! (so it looks like I have just about ONE whole year to save up for it!!!! :D )

-tom w

We'd love to have Mac versions of everything that we sell, but if the developer doesn't make one... well, not much we can do about it.

With a good Mac and a Windows emulator good PC games can be played "as is". We know quite a few people playing Strategic Command, for example, without problems. If you have an emulator, get a demo and see if it works. Chances are if the demo works, so too will the game.

Dangerous Waters might be difficult to play emulated on anything but the fastest G5 systems out today. Not sure though since nobody has tried this. I'm sure someone will though :D

Steve

Hi!

Anyone tried running the PC version of CMAK using Virtual PC running on Mac OSX?

I guess that even with a G5 it might be no faster than on my G3/400 as the emmulation does not include accelerated graphics (cards).

If it does work well the I guess the cost of a new Mac G5 + Virtual PC + CM x3 PC versions would be a small price to pay! :D

David

Originally posted by Wicky:

Virtual PC for the Mac doesn't use the 3D graphics acceleration provided by the card.

Period.

This is correct and the makers of Virutal PC specifically tell you NOT to expect games or any graphic intense computer activity to work in Virtual PC. Its simply NOT designed for PC games to be played on. Any one who has ever tried any 3D game like a PC version CMxx on a MAC running Virtual PC will know it does not work at all.

-tom w