It Don't Mean a Thing if it Ain't Got That Peng -- Challenge, that is . . .

MrSpkr

Originally posted by 37mm:

I accept your criticisms Boo … I will try harder to ‘understand’ Joe in the future

No! That's the beauty (so to speak) of Joe!

You don't HAVE to understand him. Actually, it's better that you don't even TRY to understand him as attempting to can give one a headachey feeling and a taste in the mouth not unlike Grendel's underpants.

Accept Joe just as he is. Accept him for his incompetent, yet dictatorial ways.

He's like Il Duce, but without the whimsy.

Seeing that he stands always in a puddle of urine is one thing. Knowing that the urine is his own, is another thing. But the knowledge is unneccesary to the central fact that you can just enjoy him for the soggy socked nimrod that he is.

It's all very Zen.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 37mm:

I accept your criticisms Boo … I will try harder to ‘understand’ Joe in the future

No! That's the beauty (so to speak) of Joe!

You don't HAVE to understand him. Actually, it's better that you don't even TRY to understand him as attempting to can give one a headachey feeling and a taste in the mouth not unlike Grendel's underpants.

Accept Joe just as he is. Accept him for his incompetent, yet dictatorial ways.

He's like Il Duce, but without the whimsy.

Seeing that he stands always in a puddle of urine is one thing. Knowing that the urine is his own, is another thing. But the knowledge is unneccesary to the central fact that you can just enjoy him for the soggy socked nimrod that he is.

It's all very Zen. </font>

For your homework, I'd like to see a paper written on the subject of "Sycophants: Their Use as a Fifth Column, or Pride Goeth Before A Fall Down, Go Boom.

Twenty pages single spaced. Have it on my desk by Monday.

Ah yes, I've always been fond of term papers for MY Squires as well. They require research, writing skills and the ability to use a keyboard ... mind you it take a while to get the peanut butter and jelly off the keys but it's worth it.

However, I must take issue with your instruction method in one regard ... I see NO ***BOOT***! Now you know, Boo Radley ... at least I assume you do, though doubtless you have those few moments of disorientation every morning wondering "Who's this then?" as you stare in the mirror. But you know that the ***BOOT*** is a time honored tradition here in the CessPool and has been applied many times to many Squires, none of them the worse for wear ... of course with MOST of them it would be difficult to be MUCH worse than they started.

Still, tradition and all, eh?

Joe

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I don't pay any attention to anything you say except the insults, because I figure that's where what little ability you have will manifest itself. Besides, I believe that most of what you have to say to me falls into that category, O member of my House.

If you profer your hand, I will bite it. Turn your back, and I will stab it (with a twist at the end, for spite). Turn your face to me, and I will laugh in it and stomp on your toes. Attempt to dodge me, and I will continue to verbally punt you around like the worn, overstuffed dog chewtoy you have become.

Acknowledge my status as worthy adversary, or I shall continue my assault on your fading self esteem. I will follow you around from thread to thread, making Tim the Enamored seem welcome by comparison. I demand to be named Mortal Enemy.

Some gamey updates:

37mm is in some sort of denial fase, his burning wrecks stretch along the entire horizon but he still insists that this only (and I quote) "a minor setback"

Nidan1 being older and wiser, well just older really, has recognized my superiority and his begging me to let him push the surrender button. I said nay.

Sturmsebber and v42below stopped sending turns a long time ago, leaving me with abandonment issues.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with my therapist.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

... leaving me with abandonment issues.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with my therapist.

You are never alone, stikkypixie. We are always with you. </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Funny you should have such a marked interest in male thighs...

Michael

I merely made an observation.

You were the one to focus in on it. </font>

Funny you should have such a marked interest in male thighs...

Michael

I merely made an observation.

You were the one to focus in on it. </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

I love chick fights!

Well you might be able to get some kind of perverse kick out of it but me I'm just put off by this kind of ridiculous

'I'll pretend to hate you & you can pretend to hate me & then we'll pull each others hair & then we can kiss & make up, *hehehehe-girlie giggles*'

role-playing nonsense…

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

I love chick fights!

Well you might be able to get some kind of perverse kick out of it but me I'm just put off by this kind of ridiculous

'I'll pretend to hate you & you can pretend to hate me & then we'll pull each others hair & then we can kiss & make up, *hehehehe-girlie giggles*' </font>

I love chick fights!

'I'll pretend to hate you & you can pretend to hate me & then we'll pull each others hair & then we can kiss & make up, *hehehehe-girlie giggles*' </font>

Good heavens Boo he's put off ... PUT OFF Boo ... whatever shall we do?
Knowing you I expect you'll write an overly melodramatic post in which you'll try, ever so hard, to convince anyone still reading that you're a necessary evil for the long term health of the Peng thread and that you rightly deserve your ridiculously lengthy title.

This is a demonstrably false belief.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Good heavens Boo he's put off ... PUT OFF Boo ... whatever shall we do?

Knowing you I expect you'll write an overly melodramatic post in which you'll try, ever so hard, to convince anyone still reading that you're a necessary evil for the long term health of the Peng thread and that you rightly deserve your ridiculously lengthy title.

This is a demonstrably false belief. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I love chick fights!

And to think, just a short time ago my universe made sense.

Well, no it didn't. Not really, anyway.

No, no it didn't did it? I tried to warn you when you were moving your universe to a bigger universarium, unavoidable to be sure ... it was expanding after all, but you can't just pour it in without considering the effect on the galaxies.

Did you use CLEAN space? No, you didn't, you thought the OLD space would be good enough. Did you carefully net the galaxies and then gently PLACE them in the new universearium? No, you just dumped the whole mess in, willy nilly, and 3d274 got all mixed up with Andromedusa (stupid name by the way) and they will NEVER be the same.

I've no doubt that half of your inhabitants have stopped worshipping you ... mind you the little mermaid sitting in the castle was a nice touch.

Joe