Five really bad ideas to ruin the next CMX2

Hans

1. For each soldier you lose in combat you have to view one minute of sobbing relatives - you will be tested later on their names and relationship with the lost hero.

2. To simulate the random aspects of war more carefully the next game will contain a special code that if you get testy and try to quit a came that the AI is whumping your butt on the AI gets to delete ten randomly selected files.

3. To simulate all the time it takes to do all the real preparation for war, the boring dull stuff - cleaning weapons, vehicle maintenance, field santiation and military courtesy - for each two minutes of game play you have to have play fifteen minutes of "word invader" where letters randomly drop from the top of your screen and you have to type the same letter, and a word using that letter that is involved with agriculture, before it reaches the bottom - with one hand. If you don't no Cm battles.

4. 45 minutes prior to a game you must drink 4 liters of root beer, 1 each of mountain dew and somewhat old butter milk (laban) - during the conduct of the battle you may not relieve yourself - should you lose you must lie in the back yard in a pit of itchy leaves til dawn.

5. If you win a battle you must endure getting a bit of ribbon and shiny metal pinned to your chest and being kissed by an old guy who smells of sauerkraut, garlic and pink gin and if you lose you have to call Madmatt so he can taunt you.

Every time when you are about to receive reinforcements, there will be a quiz about WW2 trivia, like "Fall Blau was the plan for invading A) Russia B) Norway C) France D) America". Only if you answer correctly will you get the troops. If you answer wrong, your opponent gets to try, and if he gets it right then he gets those reinforcements instead. I think this would be a much needed improvement, encouraging players to study WW2 history more...

Sergei that idea of yours is cruel, inhuman and brilliant - I will insist on it. Unfortunately my successful rate at insisting on things with the CM guys is rather poor. Note the lack of coastal gunboats, Spanish Civil War support and a button to alert Charles when we see an AI choice we don't like.

I think CM should have a more realistic 'tooth-to-tail' proportion. We need cooks and maintenance units (LOTS of maintenance units!), headquarters staff armed with typewriters, graves registration and supply seargents. We need to be able to assign troops to latrine duty!

I think the game should also include a free-roaming combat reporter. He folllows the batttle, takes snapshots at random moments during the game which you can review at the end of the scenario (all from his angle/perspective of course).

Originally posted by MikeyD:

We need to be able to assign troops to latrine duty!

YES! I find this to be an excellently idiotic suggestion, and fully support it! "I'll show you where the Iron Crosses grow... now take this shovel."

Indeed, I think the next game should be called "Garrison Mission" and it would offer us the years 1945-1950 to play, along with a career mode. Do you have what it takes to become a peace-time general??

He folllows the batttle, takes snapshots at random moments during the game which you can review at the end of the scenario (all from his angle/perspective of course).
You mean, he stays in the rear harassing the girls at the canteen and afterwards pays a quid for some guardsmen to aim and shoot their rifles at a tree as if it was an enemy?

I would also like to suggest that the next games have a better copy protection scheme. Preferably so that it comes with a three-piece code wheel and you'd have to check the code every time you want to start CM.

Originally posted by Sergei:

I would also like to suggest that the next games have a better copy protection scheme. Preferably so that it comes with a three-piece code wheel and you'd have to check the code every time you want to start CM.

You, sir, are a nasty, evil man.

Sergei - how about an automated feature in the program that would log back to a central database how you were doing. If the big brother computer monitoring this found you were beating the AI to much it would send secret messages to the computer to secretly up the AI chances-actually I think this already exists and explains why a vehicle will turn around and advance with it rear to the enemy....

Sergei - how about an automated feature in the program that would log back to a central database how you were doing. If the big brother computer monitoring this found you were beating the AI to much it would send secret messages to the computer to secretly up the AI chances-actually I think this already exists and explains why a vehicle will turn around and advance with it rear to the enemy....

I think the best game would be Guardhouse Mission. You get to command a corporal's guard at an ammunition site in Kansas in 1944 during the dead of winter.

-keep hitting the w key to keep your guards awake for their 4 hour shift.

-inspect your crack men for uniform violations!!!

-live the terror of a bunny moving towards the fence!

-special action when the sergeant arrives (drunk) and must be relieved.

-the lieutenant arrives to inspect and you can deny him entry to the facility because he doesn't know the pass word, how long can you delay him?

-feel the respect for keeping out the enemy agents who are crawling all over Kansas looking for your ammo!

This could be followed by Medic Mission which would cover the draft medical physical and especially the short arm inspection. CAN you keep the unfit out of the US army?