OMFG! My Eyes! My Eyes! NEW BOOTS AND TRACKS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWB

Hope that got your attention.

I am pleased to announce the advent of a new era at Boots & Tracks. Gone is the rather depressing blue table based monstrosity of yesteryear. Here is the more colorful & standards-based design of the future.

Originally, I sat down to upgrade the site to work with CMAK. I ended up doing a ground-up rewrite. The net result is a more visually pleasing site, a faster site, and a much more capable site. There is alot of open space in the menus for a reason <g>.

Now, given it is a completely new and largely cutting edge endevour, I am certain there will be some issues, especially with older browsers. If you do have any issues, please do email me at wwb@3dwargamer.net, tell me what browser you were using. Screenshot are appreciated.

But, for now, go forth and search for some scenarios damnit.

WWB

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Not bad. Does seem to move quickly from page to page. Best of all, no cookies, banners, or pop-ups.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Michael

Hehe. No banners or popups are planned. Cookies might come in with a few features, but nothing too invasive. Just let you get the "new since your last visit" icons and such. There are slicker ways of gathering stats.

Dorosh--what is your issue? The product stands in its head but a little marketing glitz never hurt nobody.

WWB

Nice work! smile.gif I like the fresher look and hope to see some historical articles and AARs in the future.

I noticed the preview picture for the Operation "Seelow Heights" was broken.

Also in your recent news you have written "It is now much more flexible and will allow us to give you many more features than the long run." Should be "in" I think.

Ron

Originally posted by Ron:

Nice work! smile.gif I like the fresher look and hope to see some historical articles and AARs in the future.

I noticed the preview picture for the Operation "Seelow Heights" was broken.

Also in your recent news you have written "It is now much more flexible and will allow us to give you many more features than the long run." Should be "in" I think.

Ron

Yeah, the seelowe picture has been broken for a while. I will try and work something up this evening.

Gramatical error is fixed.

Thanks for the kudos guys.

WWB

Pending RoW IV's wines selected and ready to be shipped to 3 worthy winners in due course.

smile.gif

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

logo.gif

-----------------------------------------------------

Wine donations send to the following for their contributions to CM:

</font>

• Staff @ Battlefront.com</font>
  • Fuerte for his PBEM HELPER</font>
  • Manx (He used to run the “sexiest CMBO modsite on the net”)</font>
  • Boots & Tracks (RoW tournament scenarios)</font>
  • Andrew Fox (modding art)</font>
  • Keith Miller @ Scenario Depot</font>
  • Gordon Molek for his CMMOS utility</font>

Sponsor of the following Combat Mission tournaments:

</font>

Originally posted by flamingknives:

And there was me thinking that B&T was hosting Dorosh's ASL interface mod.

CMAK stuff will be forthcoming very shortly. No need to rush to press, and quality beats quantity any day.

No mods of any sort are hosted at the moment, mainly due to space and bandwith restrictions. Some plans are afoot to redress those weaknesses, so just wait and see.

WWB

It was the "My eyes!!" bit. Have you seen that mod? It's technicolour, to say the least.

Send me a setup for a desert scenario; we'll see who makes fewer tactical blunders due to inability to see the contour levels... ;) Tactical blunders due to skill need not enter the equation...I'll concede that one from the getgo.

The ASL mods will be up at cmmods when I get around to finishing them. I have about 40 vehicle unit portraits to go (down from 260!!)

Promises, promises, I know, but I have a couple other hobby-type things going on that is actually making me money right now, so they kinda take priority.

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by flamingknives:

It was the "My eyes!!" bit. Have you seen that mod? It's technicolour, to say the least.

Send me a setup for a desert scenario; we'll see who makes fewer tactical blunders due to inability to see the contour levels... ;) Tactical blunders due to skill need not enter the equation...I'll concede that one from the getgo.

</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by flamingknives:

</font>

Originally posted by Aldo:

WWB and Dorosh at odds? This does not make sence to me. HARRY, HELP PLEASE!

I don't understand how the 2 works could be at such odds :( I have missed much in these forums :(

At odds? Feh. All I said was that B&T's high and richly deserved reputation should mean that they don't need to resort to the same advertising strategies that are employed during junior high school elections, that's all. tongue.gif;) If I wanted to fight with somebody, I'd just hire myself another stalker. Or get a mortal enemy. I attract them quite readily, unlike that loser Seanachai who couldn't hold on to a mortal enemy if they were both made of Velcro.